The TEAM Mentality

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Every American, be they democrat, republican, independent, or whatever your political view these day's has longed for a Change in Washington. Note the last election, one based on the premise of Change, that millions of Americans voted for our current President in the hopes that he finally represented someone that would change Washington D.C. , a change that represented the "people" and not the needs of those that pay for votes in the House and Senate. However, alas once again, when voting for someone who was from that culture to change that culture, one's hope for Change was misguided and can be seen in the sheer volume of spending gone crazy in support of legislation that does not meet the needs of Americans, but yet meets the needs of those people once again who pay for the votes on the floor of the Senate and House. We watched as the debate unfolded for "Stimulus" all while the national bank account kept getting more and more overdrawn and the passage of a Stimulus that did not help stem the tide of ever increasing unemployment. We watched Auto bailouts, that did not stem the tide of bankruptcy and layoffs, yet millions more Americans have lost their homes. Now we watch once more as the great debate on healthcare looms large as all the needs of Americans have yet to be met and the bank account for our nation is even more overdrawn and those that represent us seem bent on writing even more bad checks to cover it. Still further, we face the looming prospect of Climate Change legislation that will even further place the nation upon a path of bankruptcy. We watch as those that represent us, represent those that voted for them and have from time to time cleary opposed legislation that will spend this nation into bankruptcy, IGNORE the will of the voters and vote for the TEAM rather than those they represent. This shameful habit has become rampant in American politics , where no matter the will of the voter , an elected official will vote for the TEAM rather than the will of those they represent. If your a democrat, and you favor legislation and those that represent you are Republican and a majority of the voters in your district feel as you do, and your representative votes for the TEAM anyway, then your equally as frustrated as those republicans on the other side of the street. So perhaps ALL Americans finally face the fact that in order to effect real change in Washington D.C. and in turn get our fiscal house in order, as well as create an environment that will bring jobs to our nation, it's best we hire those that are there to represent US and not there to represent the TEAM.

does anyone really represent their voters anymore? and we dont demand accountabilty from them due to distraction issues....we have attention spans of goldfish..people say ancient history is 5 years ago....no attention spans

Every American, be they democrat, republican, independent, or whatever your political view these day's has longed for a Change in Washington. Note the last election, one based on the premise of Change, that millions of Americans voted for our current President in the hopes that he finally represented someone that would change Washington D.C. , a change that represented the "people" and not the needs of those that pay for votes in the House and Senate. However, alas once again, when voting for someone who was from that culture to change that culture, one's hope for Change was misguided and can be seen in the sheer volume of spending gone crazy in support of legislation that does not meet the needs of Americans, but yet meets the needs of those people once again who pay for the votes on the floor of the Senate and House. We watched as the debate unfolded for "Stimulus" all while the national bank account kept getting more and more overdrawn and the passage of a Stimulus that did not help stem the tide of ever increasing unemployment. We watched Auto bailouts, that did not stem the tide of bankruptcy and layoffs, yet millions more Americans have lost their homes. Now we watch once more as the great debate on healthcare looms large as all the needs of Americans have yet to be met and the bank account for our nation is even more overdrawn and those that represent us seem bent on writing even more bad checks to cover it. Still further, we face the looming prospect of Climate Change legislation that will even further place the nation upon a path of bankruptcy. We watch as those that represent us, represent those that voted for them and have from time to time cleary opposed legislation that will spend this nation into bankruptcy, IGNORE the will of the voters and vote for the TEAM rather than those they represent. This shameful habit has become rampant in American politics , where no matter the will of the voter , an elected official will vote for the TEAM rather than the will of those they represent. If your a democrat, and you favor legislation and those that represent you are Republican and a majority of the voters in your district feel as you do, and your representative votes for the TEAM anyway, then your equally as frustrated as those republicans on the other side of the street. So perhaps ALL Americans finally face the fact that in order to effect real change in Washington D.C. and in turn get our fiscal house in order, as well as create an environment that will bring jobs to our nation, it's best we hire those that are there to represent US and not there to represent the TEAM.

Couple things Nav....I agree with everything you said.

but there are no government handouts in TEAM
there is no free healthcare in TEAM
there is no "$" in TEAM either.

None of our "leaders" Have the balls to do what is needed. All are just staying within the parameters laid out before them that led us to this mess.

I always amazed bones, but I supposed these days I shouldn't be when a Senator or some Congressman knows the people they represent do not want the legislation they are voting on, yet they ignore that as if when they enter the House or Senate they are issued jerseys and thats the team they play for. Funny, I never noticed an oath of office that is specific to the party the person belongs too. The real sad thing in all this, is that people keep voting for these individuals year after year after year, and then complain about the bad job Washington is doing. It would seem to me that if someone really wanted to hold these people accountable for their actions, be they Republican or Democrat, then next time they enter the voting booth leave the party jersey outside the booth and vote for the person that is going to do the job. Honestly, if you and I were to hire someone for a position in management that has run our company close to the brink of bankruptcy then turn around and watch them while they wrote even more checks and expand the company when there is no money to do so, how long do you think that person in management would have a job?

Be it right or left...when you promise one group something and make the other, left out group, pay for it you have just created a division in a TEAM and one side will feel like they are getting screwed...and more than likely...they are.

I believe the concept of representation of those that voted for you is lost on most in congress and thats is the real problem here. While healthcare reform has a different meaning in say, California than it would in La. Then the people that represent those states should represent the will of the voters there regardless of what party they happen to have after their name, after all I have no say in who the Senator is from California as does a California resident does in Arizona. It's time these people in Washington perhaps understand that simple concept, then maybe just maybe the needs of those they represent might just be met.

obamalama promised to do away with lobbyists,, but no, that was just another one of his many many lies, and he shovels money, our money hand over fist to those who put him in office..and they basically just pissed it away, not a fucking thing to show for a trillion dollars,, what this country needs is a strong third party; that will put the other two asshole parties on notice.

Whats really interesting here is this issue is not one that belongs to one party or the other as I'm sure many of us can cite example after example, of this. The bottom line though, it does seem that if one desires change then perhaps its best to start voting for the person and not the party, now theres a concept.

When you promise stuff to enough people on one side to "see things your way" the whole team concept goes right out the window. There never will be a totally united front here in America because you have 2 partys that do nothing but seek to divide up America...it happens EVERY single election.

I hate to point this out but the TEAM you are refferring to is the government and that happens when you have large democracies because the elected officials become so disconnected from the voters that they begin to connect with themselves more than the people they represent. Its why democracy fails in large societies and becomes just as brutal as any dictatorship.

Actually the TEAM I was speaking of was a party mentality that places party above the needs of the people they represent. Personally, in a Representative Republic which we are supposed to have it should not matter how large the nation gets or the number of people that go to Washington D.C. to represent them so long as they represent those that voted for them. These day's however, when someone is elected to congress , when they first arrive, the TEAM mentality kicks right in, with counting the person in voting numbers as if that person is automatically a vote for one side or the other. You see thats the real issue here, it's okay to belong to one party or the other, its another thing to automatically assume that the person represents an automatic vote simply because they belong to one party or another, thats the TEAM mentality. The big problem we have now is that a lot of people that are on the hill have lost the ability to think for themselves and really are automatic votes. and until such times as the real owners of this nation, you and I take control of our nation back it will continue. The best way to do this is through your vote.

Couldnt' agree more ihope.

The positions the Clowns in DC occupy were never meant to be held for as long as they are. They were supposed to serve and then return to their real lives. These politicians were never meant to make a living out of being politicians.

Our elected officials now ignore the will of the people in favor of what they want or what the lobbists pay them to want.They believe we are too dumb to know what we want therefore they will decide for us.

A third party would be nice but until and unless the American people get fed up with this two party system, things will remain as they are. Good idea about voting for the person and not the party. I've been doing that for years. Works for me.

Actually the TEAM I was speaking of was a party mentality that places party above the needs of the people they represent. Personally, in a Representative Republic which we are supposed to have it should not matter how large the nation gets or the number of people that go to Washington D.C. to represent them so long as they represent those that voted for them. These day's however, when someone is elected to congress , when they first arrive, the TEAM mentality kicks right in, with counting the person in voting numbers as if that person is automatically a vote for one side or the other. You see thats the real issue here, it's okay to belong to one party or the other, its another thing to automatically assume that the person represents an automatic vote simply because they belong to one party or another, thats the TEAM mentality. The big problem we have now is that a lot of people that are on the hill have lost the ability to think for themselves and really are automatic votes. and until such times as the real owners of this nation, you and I take control of our nation back it will continue. The best way to do this is through your vote.

That to but sometimes I wonder if the parties just deathmatch each other until one is left and that party becomes TEAM Washington.

Forum List

Back