The Teachings of Jesus Christ

So who made god?

Ah, heck. I teach middle school science, and people are always after me to teach something that requires a doctorate! I'll try presenting a very simplified form (since that is the only form my not very advanced scientific brain operates).

About fourteen billion years ago scientists agree the universe had its beginning. Since nothing can come from nothing, something caused our universe to come into being. The universe coming into being also began the beginning of time because time does not operate outside of cause and effect (as there is nothing to measure).

No one made/caused God because God operates before/outside of time, outside of cause and effect. (When something operates outside cause and effect, it cannot itself be caused.)
"Since nothing can come from nothing", then where did god come from?

Who claims that anything came from nothing?
Lots of people here like Merri think that it's either from god or from nothing, like there's no other possibilities.

In this day and age, entering by the narrow gate and conforming to the way to life that is straight, narrow, and difficult, is unbelievably easy.

In some of today's teaching of Christianity is the thought that Christ paid for all of mankind's sins two thousand years ago. From here on out sins are already covered by God's grace. It seems to me this is precisely the broad way about which Jesus warned.

If we keep in mind the two greatest Commandments (Love of God, love of fellow man) that narrow way is not so easy. The human heart is incredibly treacherous--who can understand it? No matter how selfless we intend to be, at the back of our minds is always the question, "What is in it for me?" How do we get through the narrow gate with an attitude of, "What is in it for me?"

Fortunately, we have another of Jesus' teachings: "With God, all things are possible."

Even this does not excuse us from doing our own part as best we are able.

I know that you have been told that Jesus abolished divine law.

I am telling you that the only thing that was abolished was the wrong way to follow that law, not the law itself.

Its really not about being selfless its about not being stupid.

How hard is that?

The two greatest commands were given as a constraint on how to discern the hidden meaning and intent of any given law.

If you loved God you would never be seeking spiritual life on your knees before anything made by human hands.

If you loved your neighbor you cant very well pick up stones to kill them with just because they liked bacon, the subject has to be about something else. ....

If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it.

regarding those "two greatest laws" that Jesus invented------he was quoting Hillel assuming Jesus
actually did say that. Can you cite an example of anyone being stoned to death for liking bacon?
The pharisees all but did away with capital punishment------which is why it does not exist in Israel
(except for adolf) Believe it or not---that law was bounced off those old TALMUD guys --kinda silly but true. Meri and Hobe----you should reevaluate your sunday school education. Historically, the people who murdered their neighbors for trivial reasons have been Christians----the
clergy, no less, with the endorsement of the "scholars" were the prime movers in the british
custom of hanging children for "stealing" bread and for the Salem witch trials.. Jesus has served an important function, historically-----he gave you some HILLEL stuff. When I read the idiocy that
you two post--------I begin to wonder why people who laugh at catholics "praying" at a chunk of
white plaster so annoy me--------they are no more idiotic than are you, two.

Actually, scientists don't pretend say what was before the Big Bang, like you do.
Yes, scientists do present hypothesis (possibilities). Anyone can see why they can't present anything as strong as a "theory" at this point, because science investigates the objective. Nothing is not an object, so they can't investigate that. God is spirit, not physical, so they can't investigate that either.

All day long I have been pointing out possibilities about one instance in science. I am not pretending anything. I am pointing out the two possibilities about this one instance that are still beyond science's ability to investigate.

Come on! This should be very plain by now. Or, did I give you more credit than I should have believing you might understand this simple point?

The universe could be on a never ending loop of expansion and contraction. There could be several, if not billions of universes out there... We just don't know.
Try and keep up with your scientific studies. Most scientist realize that unlike an earlier hypothesis that the universe will begin to contract, the reality is that the universe will continue to expand. Second, they also agree the universe had a beginning, approximately thirteen or fourteen billion years ago (give or take).

For you to claim that you know what scientists are confronted with is total malarky. That scientists would restrict themselves to only 2 possibilities is complete nonsense. Geez, and you teach in a real school?

When it comes to FIRST CAUSE, I have presented what science is confronted with. In all the realm of science, FIRST CAUSE certainly isn't all scientists are investigating. They investigate a myriad of things such as string theory, multiverses, multi-dimensions, etc. None of that is FIRST CAUSE, and all I am addressing is FIRST CAUSE.

When it comes to FIRST CAUSE, I would guess (although I don't know) science is more interested in investigating "nothing": Looking towards the possibility that what we now consider "nothing" has "something" there.

Yes, I teach in a real school(s). And I can almost guarantee that even middle school youngsters more quickly grasp the idea of FIRST CAUSE than you have demonstrated you can today. FIRST CAUSE has nothing to do with multiple universes, dimensions, etc. It is simply a point in time, ONE topic in a myriad of other scientific topics, which also include things like gravity, relativity, atoms, microns, etc. etc. etc.

"microns" is a 'scientific topic'?? something like inches or a GIANT STEP?

Latter-day revelation and discovered ancient revelation have revealed that a part of man, the intelligent part of man, was never created or made but has always existed.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:29
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

Abraham 3:18
18 Howbeit that he made the greater star; as, also, if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.

Latter-day revelation has also revealed that the elements are eternal in nature:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33

33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

From these revelations from God, creation ex nihilo (creation from nothing) is shown to be false.

There are no verses in scripture that declare that the spirit of man came from nothingness. And we all know where the physical body of man came from:

Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God and man are self-existent beings. Man has only been created by God in the sense that he is clothed with a spiritual body and a physical body. These revelations come to us through Jesus Christ. These are just more examples of his great teachings. The elements are eternal and intelligent beings are eternal by nature. We have always existed!

Jesus wrote Genesis? ----excellent work

Why was Jesus nailed to the cross in a diaper?

I don't mind answering questions, but as (presumably) we are both adults let's not be silly. You are asking if Jesus was naked on the cross.

Part of the humiliation of the Roman crucifixion is that people were indeed hung naked on the cross. Back in the day of Jewish executions, Jewish males were stripped naked before they were stoned, so it is doubtful that Jews would have asked or even have been given special consideration to wear a loin cloth when the Romans took over capital punishment.

It was common practice that men were stripped before being handed their cross (the crossbeam) and were whipped naked until they reached the place of execution.

Scriptures tell us that Jesus was not stripped until they reached the place of execution (possibly because Jerusalem was swarming from people coming into the city to celebrate Passover). While most artists later added a loin cloth for sake of modesty, Michelangelo was a notable exception.

Modesty sort of comes and goes. At one point there was naked statuary in Vatican City, but fairly early on, someone had the bright idea of adding fig leaves to the original art.

it is news to me that in jewish law---people are rendered naked before being executed-----
you got a link? I read the NT----I do not remember "Jesus was not stripped because of
Passover"

Lots of people here like Merri think that it's either from god or from nothing, like there's no other possibilities.

You forgot one hypothesis I presented: That the universe always existed in one form or another and goes through seasons of expanding then contracting back into "nothing" only to explode and expand again.

Otherwise, yes. If the universe had a beginning, then it either sprang from nothing, or something/someone caused it to spring into existence.

You forgot one hypothesis I presented: That the universe always existed in one form or another and goes through seasons of expanding then contracting back into "nothing" only to explode and expand again.

Otherwise, yes. If the universe had a beginning, then it either sprang from nothing, or something/someone caused it to spring into existence.
Or it sprang from something. Why do you leave out the most logical choice?

Another teaching of Jesus that I like:

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

In this day and age, entering by the narrow gate and conforming to the way to life that is straight, narrow, and difficult, is unbelievably easy.

In some of today's teaching of Christianity is the thought that Christ paid for all of mankind's sins two thousand years ago. From here on out sins are already covered by God's grace. It seems to me this is precisely the broad way about which Jesus warned.

If we keep in mind the two greatest Commandments (Love of God, love of fellow man) that narrow way is not so easy. The human heart is incredibly treacherous--who can understand it? No matter how selfless we intend to be, at the back of our minds is always the question, "What is in it for me?" How do we get through the narrow gate with an attitude of, "What is in it for me?"

Fortunately, we have another of Jesus' teachings: "With God, all things are possible."

I am telling you that the only thing that was abolished was the wrong way to follow that law, not the law itself.

How hard is that?

The two greatest commands were given as a constraint on how to discern the hidden meaning and intent of any given law.

If you loved God you would never be seeking spiritual life on your knees before anything made by human hands.

If you loved your neighbor you cant very well pick up stones to kill them with just because they liked bacon, the subject has to be about something else. ....

regarding those "two greatest laws" that Jesus invented------he was quoting Hillel assuming Jesus
actually did say that. Can you cite an example of anyone being stoned to death for liking bacon?
The pharisees all but did away with capital punishment------which is why it does not exist in Israel
(except for adolf) Believe it or not---that law was bounced off those old TALMUD guys --kinda silly but true. Meri and Hobe----you should reevaluate your sunday school education. Historically, the people who murdered their neighbors for trivial reasons have been Christians----the
clergy, no less, with the endorsement of the "scholars" were the prime movers in the british
custom of hanging children for "stealing" bread and for the Salem witch trials.. Jesus has served an important function, historically-----he gave you some HILLEL stuff. When I read the idiocy that
you two post--------I begin to wonder why people who laugh at catholics "praying" at a chunk of
What you don't seem to understand is that even given the many contemporary influences in the recorded teachings of Jesus he used those common references to illustrate a new way to understand and comply with divine law that had been lost to time ever since the death of Moses.

How hard is that?

What you don't seem to understand is that even given the many contemporary influences in the recorded teachings of Jesus he used those common references to illustrate a new way to understand and comply with divine law that had been lost to time ever since the death of Moses.

what YOU don't seem to understand is that you don't WAT DA HELL you are talking about
Just what do you imagine is the "NEW WAY" that Jesus revealed by quoting his
CONTEMPORARY -----Hillel and just what "got lost"? Historically, Hillel died in
Jerusalem----probably shortly after Jesus was born-----he was a contemporary of Jesus and
THE PHARISEE of Pharisees of that time-----big time Talmudist and oft quoted guy. What
does the death of Moses have to do with the price of eggs in China

How hard is that?

what YOU don't seem to understand is that you don't WAT DA HELL you are talking about
Jerusalem----probably shortly after Jesus was born-----he was a contemporary of Jesus and
THE PHARISEE of Pharisees of that time-----big time Talmudist and oft quoted guy. What

The new way to understand and conform to divine law that Jesus revealed that had been lost to time ever since the death of Moses ( for I know that after my death you will turn aside from the way that I taught to follow...) is that the words are figurative and the subjects hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meanings of the words used.

His command to 'eat my flesh' is a direct reference to kosher law revealing that flesh is a metaphor for teaching, the subject of that which either defiles and contaminates or makes holy - not food.

Swine are unclean creatures whose flesh (teaching) defiles and contaminates (the conscious mind, the soul) because they do not ruminate, think deeply.

Watching Shimon scurry to and fro building a nest in his natural habitat can teach you all about brown nosed dorks.

Teeming vermin who go down on all fours......you figure it out.

Last edited:

How hard is that?

The new way to understand and conform to divine law that Jesus revealed that had been lost to time ever since the death of Moses ( for I know that after my death you will turn aside from the way that I taught to follow...) is that the words are figurative and the subjects hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meanings of the words used.

His command to 'eat my flesh' is a direct reference to kosher law revealing that teaching is flesh, the subject of that which defiles and contaminates or makes holy.

Swine are unclean creatures whose flesh (teaching) defiles and contaminates because they do not ruminate, think deeply.

you accomplished nothing with your sophistry, Hobe----other than demonstrating
that you like to use sophist arguments in order to justify your silly propositions. ----the
RUMINATE sophist BS is almost comical. I will check it out------I wonder if the Hebrew
word for RUMINATE has the "deep thinker" connotation that it has in English usage.
Hubby is a good source----he would know-----I will not mention you as the source of this
brilliant idea. You want to mention something about the split hoof? He just got home.
Whales are not kosher either------you got a sophist silly for that one too? ------btw---Jesus
did not eat whales either-----WHY NOT?

How hard is that?

His command to 'eat my flesh' is a direct reference to kosher law revealing that teaching is flesh, the subject of that which defiles and contaminates or makes holy.

Swine are unclean creatures whose flesh (teaching) defiles and contaminates because they do not ruminate, think deeply.

that you like to use sophist arguments in order to justify your silly propositions. ----the
RUMINATE sophist BS is almost comical. I will check it out------I wonder if the Hebrew
word for RUMINATE has the "deep thinker" connotation that it has in English usage.
Hubby is a good source----he would know-----I will not mention you as the source of this
brilliant idea. You want to mention something about the split hoof? He just got home.
Whales are not kosher either------you got a sophist silly for that one too? ------btw---Jesus
lol.... I saw a few whales last time I was in Vegas, their carcasses were filled with harpoons.

Jesus left no writings, though it is certain he knew how to write. Dwell on that.

lol.... I saw a few whales last time I was in Vegas, their carcasses were filled with harpoons.

were they being prepared for a picnic for southern Baptists who wanted to EAT MEAT?.
Jesus did not invent the idea of EATING people in order to assimilate their "souls"----
the Aztecs did it too------I do not buy into your explanation that his saying----"this bread is
my body..." is a comment on the "kosher" rules-------why be so mysterious about it and not
just have a ham sandwich in honor of rome

btw Hobe-----your comment suggest that Moses was into bacon and eggs------but his dietary
preferences had been "forgotten"

btw Hobe-----your comment suggest that Moses was into bacon and eggs------but his dietary
preferences had been "forgotten"
Your responses suggest that you are not a very deep thinker.

Keep trying though. Maybe, if you keep trying, one day you will be transformed into a new, more highly evolved, creature.

Last edited:
The mystery is that the metaphor is not obvious; if God and Jesus are one, and if God is All, then anything eaten is part of Jesus, and remembering that would serve to keep a believer conscious of his/her personal union with 'All'.

Forum List

Back