The Teachings of Jesus Christ

Nothing can prove that a contraction won't happen, it might take 100 trillion years until we get there. It's ALL theories. Go ahead, prove me wrong. :biggrin:

I am interested in the conversation and the ideas, not in proving anyone wrong. What's next on the agenda? :)
Why was Jesus nailed to the cross in a diaper? Is that supposed to represent an invisible Holy poo catcher?

Just because Jesus atoned for our sins and won the right to forgive sin does not imply that he has forgiven all mankind of their sins.

Matthew 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

From the time Jesus began to preach the gospel, he taught:

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Sins are not automatically forgiven. Just because Jesus won the right to forgive does not imply he has extended his grace to all mankind. He first requires that we repent of our sins.

Proverbs 28:13

13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
Did Jesus die on the cross for my sins or not? I heard yes.

Of all the teachings of Jesus Christ, which one is your personal favorite?

When one understands the difference between immortality and eternal life, my favorite teaching of Christ is:

Doctrine and Covenants 14:7
7 And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God.

I do not have a favorite teaching but there are quite a few of his and the bibles teachings I find deplorable.

The top one is Jesus' no divorce law and his substitutionary punishment law.

We are told we have to accept both but those are both quite immoral tenets and moral people will reject those awful and immoral tenets.

Are you a moral person?

Regards
DL

Just because Jesus atoned for our sins and won the right to forgive sin does not imply that he has forgiven all mankind of their sins.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Sins are not automatically forgiven. Just because Jesus won the right to forgive does not imply he has extended his grace to all mankind. He first requires that we repent of our sins.

13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

You hear wrong if you go by who the scriptures say is responsible for your sins. You. As it should be.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Regards
DL

Great are the teachings of our Lord and Savior.

You call Jesus Lord and Savior.

Lords are slave owners and your use of Savior without showing he is also the one who condemned you in the first place shows that you are not looking at the whole picture and are trying to deceive us as to who Jesus really is.

Repent sinner.

Regards
DL

Why was Jesus nailed to the cross in a diaper?

I don't mind answering questions, but as (presumably) we are both adults let's not be silly. You are asking if Jesus was naked on the cross.

Part of the humiliation of the Roman crucifixion is that people were indeed hung naked on the cross. Back in the day of Jewish executions, Jewish males were stripped naked before they were stoned, so it is doubtful that Jews would have asked or even have been given special consideration to wear a loin cloth when the Romans took over capital punishment.

It was common practice that men were stripped before being handed their cross (the crossbeam) and were whipped naked until they reached the place of execution.

Scriptures tell us that Jesus was not stripped until they reached the place of execution (possibly because Jerusalem was swarming from people coming into the city to celebrate Passover). While most artists later added a loin cloth for sake of modesty, Michelangelo was a notable exception.

Modesty sort of comes and goes. At one point there was naked statuary in Vatican City, but fairly early on, someone had the bright idea of adding fig leaves to the original art.

You hear wrong if you go by who the scriptures say is responsible for your sins. You. As it should be.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Regards
DL
So then it's a lie that Jesus died for my sins? :dunno:

Why was Jesus nailed to the cross in a diaper?

I don't mind answering questions, but as (presumably) we are both adults let's not be silly. You are asking if Jesus was naked on the cross.

Part of the humiliation of the Roman crucifixion is that people were indeed hung naked on the cross. Back in the day of Jewish executions, Jewish males were stripped naked before they were stoned, so it is doubtful that Jews would have asked or even have been given special consideration to wear a loin cloth when the Romans took over capital punishment.

It was common practice that men were stripped before being handed their cross (the crossbeam) and were whipped naked until they reached the place of execution.

Scriptures tell us that Jesus was not stripped until they reached the place of execution (possibly because Jerusalem was swarming from people coming into the city to celebrate Passover). While most artists later added a loin cloth for sake of modesty, Michelangelo was a notable exception.

Modesty sort of comes and goes. At one point there was naked statuary in Vatican City, but fairly early on, someone had the bright idea of adding fig leaves to the original art.
So the diaper is a lie? :eek:

Great are the teachings of our Lord and Savior.

You call Jesus Lord and Savior.

Lords are slave owners and your use of Savior without showing he is also the one who condemned you in the first place shows that you are not looking at the whole picture and are trying to deceive us as to who Jesus really is.

Repent sinner.

Regards
DL
YES! a Christian CAT FIGHT! :lol:

Of all the teachings of Jesus Christ, which one is your personal favorite?

When one understands the difference between immortality and eternal life, my favorite teaching of Christ is:

Doctrine and Covenants 14:7
7 And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God.

I do not have a favorite teaching but there are quite a few of his and the bibles teachings I find deplorable.

The top one is Jesus' no divorce law and his substitutionary punishment law.

We are told we have to accept both but those are both quite immoral tenets and moral people will reject those awful and immoral tenets.

Are you a moral person?

Regards
DL
You're a divorced sinner, you're going straight to hell. :biggrin:

Jesus death, blood, on the cross was the seal of the New Covenant between God and those who believe. A covenant is an agreement between two parties where promises are made. What is your part in the Covenant? What promises have you been keeping?

Jesus death, blood, on the cross was the seal of the New Covenant between God and those who believe. A covenant is an agreement between two parties where promises are made. What is your part in the Covenant? What promises have you been keeping?
I promise to cut through all your nonsense as best I can. Good enough?

So your god only has an agreement with those that believe? And to those who don't (yet) believe, he does nothing to show us that he's actually there and cares whether I believe a book or not? How does that work exactly?

So your god only has an agreement with those that believe? And to those who don't (yet) believe, he does nothing to show us that he's actually there and cares whether I believe a book or not? How does that work exactly?

Mark Twain once said, Don't let school get in the way of your education. Likewise, if you are having trouble with a book, don't let it get in the way of your faith in God. According to God, we really don't need the book, although most of us find it inspiring.

This is the Covenant (announced in Jeremiah) that we believe Jesus sealed:

This is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The Law is written on your heart. How does your heart judge you? Are you keeping the laws written on your heart? Do you know God? God says look within, so don't look to the Book and don't look to me.

Mark Twain once said, Don't let school get in the way of your education. Likewise, if you are having trouble with a book, don't let it get in the way of your faith in God. According to God, we really don't need the book, although most of us find it inspiring.

This is the Covenant (announced in Jeremiah) that we believe Jesus sealed:

This is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The Law is written on your heart. How does your heart judge you? Are you keeping the laws written on your heart? Do you know God? God says look within, so don't look to the Book and don't look to me.
God says we don't need the book? Where did you read that? :biggrin:

Your covenant also came from a book, written by men. The question is: why are you so gullible?

Your covenant also came from a book, written by men. The question is: why are you so gullible?

The Covenant is recorded by men in a book. For that matter, so is my marriage and also my teaching credential. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Why was I so gullible as to get married? He's worth it.
Why was I so gullible to get a teaching credential? Needed a job. That has been worth it.
Why do I follow the Covenant? It is now, was, and always will be worth it. Makes me a better person, as do the marriage and the career path.

So who made god?

Ah, heck. I teach middle school science, and people are always after me to teach something that requires a doctorate! I'll try presenting a very simplified form (since that is the only form my not very advanced scientific brain operates).

About fourteen billion years ago scientists agree the universe had its beginning. Since nothing can come from nothing, something caused our universe to come into being. The universe coming into being also began the beginning of time because time does not operate outside of cause and effect (as there is nothing to measure).

No one made/caused God because God operates before/outside of time, outside of cause and effect. (When something operates outside cause and effect, it cannot itself be caused.)
"Since nothing can come from nothing", then where did god come from?

Who claims that anything came from nothing?

Jesus taught us all to love one another.

Actually he taught to hate one's relatives and even the opposite sex. From a psychoanalytic view that might be his rationalization for his Oedipus Complex.

The Covenant is recorded by men in a book. For that matter, so is my marriage and also my teaching credential. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Why was I so gullible as to get married? He's worth it.
Why was I so gullible to get a teaching credential? Needed a job. That has been worth it.
Why do I follow the Covenant? It is now, was, and always will be worth it. Makes me a better person, as do the marriage and the career path.
The covenant was made up by men, not just recorded, making you very gullible to think that it's real like a teaching certificate, which is based a facts.

Forum List

Back