The Tea Party

What is the platform of the Tea Party?
Below is an example of another third party spin off from the Republican Party.
Minor/Third Party Platforms: Progressive Party Platform of 1912
\

There is no "platform" since "tea party" is a generic term for a decentralized set of independent political activist groups generally advocating smaller government and greater individual liberty (among other things) not a political party, which is probably why it's commonly referred to as the "tea party movement".

• Banned
So the Tea Party is really not a party, simply a movement of like minded individuals who believe in limited government and low taxes.
Yet, these like minded individuals choose to have a convention and listen to other like minded individuals for fun, pay hundereds of dollars to attend with no purpose and no agenda, other than a collective 'ain't it awful' circle jerk?
They're dumber than I thought.

We really need to start education kids better.... little things like basic comprehension and the ability to retain information.

So the Tea Party is really not a party, simply a movement of like minded individuals who believe in limited government and low taxes.
Yet, these like minded individuals choose to have a convention and listen to other like minded individuals for fun, pay hundereds of dollars to attend with no purpose and no agenda, other than a collective 'ain't it awful' circle jerk?

Keep thinking that.

• Banned
We really need to start education kids better.... little things like basic comprehension and the ability to retain information.

Ya think? Maybe start with reading and writing, then progress to syntax - then we might start to education kids better. LOL. (sorry, I know it's petty, but still, funny).

What is the platform of the Tea Party?
Below is an example of another third party spin off from the Republican Party.
Minor/Third Party Platforms: Progressive Party Platform of 1912

I doubt the tea party will become a 3rd party. BUT, we are growing force that scares the hell out of both democrat & republican politicians.

I was at my tea party meeting--in my small town--last weekend. And when a 400--500 audiance can get all 5 senate candidates to come here to talk to us--you know they are taking this movement very seriously--as they know that the tea party consists of democrats, independants & republicans.

A far as the platform we stand on?

1. Smaller government
2. Fiscal responsiblity
3. Protecting future generations from a run-a-way federal government
4. Protecting the Constitution as it was written by our forefathers

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it's also big enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
  • Banned

Keep thinking that.

I asked a legitimate question, and I got a bull shit response. It's clear the TP movement (no, I don't mean to imply a bowl movement - though ...:razz:) has an agenda, the leaders simply lack the integrity to put it in writing.

Keep thinking that.

I asked a legitimate question, and I got a bull shit response. It's clear the TP movement (no, I don't mean to imply a bowl movement - though ...:razz:) has an agenda, the leaders simply lack the integrity to put it in writing.

There is no single "leader" of the tea party movement. Tea partiers consist of millions of democrats--republicans & independants--who are sick & tired of a run-a-way--federal government.

And I already gave you our PLATFORM. Here it is again.

1. Smaller government
2. Fiscal responsibility
3. Protecting future generations from a run-a-way federal government.
4. Protecting our constitution as our forefathers intended.

Lib-tards cannot understand this movement. But--it's for REAL.

I think you could wisely say that the Tea Party is the Party of KNOW.

Very good point. It is the tea party in this country that pays more attention to the antics of the federal government & our elected officials than anyone else does--& it's catching on--the movement is actually growing faster than the pace of Federal government expansion.

December 9, 2009---NBC POLL--show that Americans view the tea party patriots more favorably than either the democrat or republican party.

Now that has got to be scarier than hell to these political idiots in Washington D.C. that have been promoting & signing every ridiculous earmark & massive spending bill that their fingers touch.

Newsmax - Poll: Tea Party Patriots Most Popular

$2 million tea-partiers.jpg

Last edited:
The real question is why that people who oppose small government and deflect for bloated corruption try to define the people who protest against it.

Explain why YOU defend out of control spending, the nanny state and the parade of liars who make up the US government, then we will talk.

Last edited:

Very good point. It is the tea party in this country that pays more attention to the antics of the federal government & our elected officials than anyone else does--& it's catching on--the movement is actually growing faster than the pace of Federal government expansion.

December 9, 2009---NBC POLL--show that Americans view the tea party patriots more favorably than either the democrat or republican party.

Now that has got to be scarier than hell to these political idiots in Washington D.C. that have been promoting & signing every ridiculous earmark & massive spending bill that their fingers touch.

View attachment 9453

Hey - You're preaching to the choir. I wish the Tea Party folks were a large enough group to actually put a candidate up for President in 2012. Unfortuately, I don't think they will be able to muster that up in a meaningful way BUT you gotta know that every politician that has any hope and asperation for success is going to wine and dine this group. If the Tea Party clan doesn't ever do any more than get people taking a closer look at our government I will consider them to be successful. It's time for everybody to get off their half-moons and become politically knowledgable and active. It also wouldn't hurt to vote out all of the incumbents and start over with new Congressional blood.

Keep thinking that.

There is no single "leader" of the tea party movement. Tea partiers consist of millions of democrats--republicans & independants--who are sick & tired of a run-a-way--federal government.

And I already gave you our PLATFORM. Here it is again.

1. Smaller government
2. Fiscal responsibility
3. Protecting future generations from a run-a-way federal government.
4. Protecting our constitution as our forefathers intended.

Lib-tards cannot understand this I movement. But--it's for REAL.

You did fine until using the word "Lib-tards". My post, where I suggested the only response I recieved was bull shit was not directed at you. I had not read your post at the time I responded to MIPS.

Let me respond to you, point by point.
1. Smaller government: I believe in the Social Contract as discussed by Locke, Mill, Rousseau and other Enlightenment Philosophers.
2. I believe in pay as you go, except for extraordinary circumstances.
3. I've taken care of my adult kids (hopefully, given the distrust I hold for 'wall street').
4. I believe our Constitution is a living document (do you really believe the founding fathers believed each individual should be constitutionally free to hold a weapon of mass
destruction?).
You're use of the word "Lib-tards" is reprehensible.

Yet, these like minded individuals choose to have a convention and listen to other like minded individuals for fun, pay hundereds of dollars to attend with no purpose and no agenda, other
No, a very small portion of those "liked minded individuals" chose to have a convention.

Get it now?

Last edited:

View attachment 9453

Hey - You're preaching to the choir. I wish the Tea Party folks were a large enough group to actually put a candidate up for President in 2012. Unfortuately, I don't think they will be able to muster that up in a meaningful way BUT you gotta know that every politician that has any hope and asperation for success is going to wine and dine this group. If the Tea Party clan doesn't ever do any more than get people taking a closer look at our government I will consider them to be successful. It's time for everybody to get off their half-moons and become politically knowledgable and active. It also wouldn't hurt to vote out all of the incumbents and start over with new Congressional blood.

I think we will be a major force in the choozing of those candidates, & as a tea party member I don't care whether they are democrat, republican, or independant as long as they adhere to the tea party platform. I think the majority of us feel that way.

Yet, these like minded individuals choose to have a convention and listen to other like minded individuals for fun, pay hundereds of dollars to attend with no purpose and no agenda, other
No, a very small portion of those "liked minded individuals" chose to have a convention.

Get it now?

To add--tea parties are all over this country today. They attend their local tea party meetings. I attended mine--in my small town over the weekend--400-500 in attendance & all 5 senatorial candidates showed up to speak. So we are finally being taken seriously.

View attachment 9453

I think we will be a major force in the choozing of those candidates, & as a tea party member I don't care whether they are democrat, republican, or independant as long as they adhere to the tea party platform. I think the majority of us feel that way.

I think the influence is going to be local, regional and state for the next few cycles. I'm looking at perhaps a couple running on Tea Party, more Republicans and Independents, perhaps a few Democrats that share the principles.

Get it now?

Nice spin. A whole bunch of RW Republicans planned to attend - as the fringe agenda became widely known, the Bachmann's and Blackburn's cut and ran.
And hear this you arrogant asshole, I get it. I also get that you edited my post.

Forum List

Back