The Tea Party Thread

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xMTdczlTgM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xMTdczlTgM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]​

This is your thread to discuss the Tea Parties. Non inflammatory threads will get moved here. Inflammatory threads will get locked and slowly die until further notice.

If the tea baggers don't have another protest about this, then that will prove it was just a political stunt aimed at the Democrats.

Why Won't the Federal Reserve Say Who They Gave $2 Trillion To?

Nov. 10 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve is refusing to identify the recipients of almost $2 trillion of emergency loans from American taxpayers or the troubled assets the central bank is accepting as collateral.

Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said in September they would comply with congressional demands for transparency in a $700 billion bailout of the banking system. Two months later, as the Fed lends far more than that in separate rescue programs that didn't require approval by Congress, Americans have no idea where their money is going or what securities the banks are pledging in return.

Fed Defies Transparency Aim in Refusal to Disclose (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

It's a political stunt aimed at retaking the government, stopping overtaxation and promoting a smaller government. Of course you would know that if you weren't constantly sniffing Obama's underwear.

Tea parties.... good idea, baaaaaaaad execution. And that's the end of it.

The final judgment: they sucked ass and nothing came out of it.

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

I am telling them that the Federal Reserve gave the banks an additional $2 trillion dollars above and beyond the $750 billion and I don't see any outrage. Not only that, the Federal Reserve won't tell us who they gave the money to.

Do they understand that is their tax dollars?

They bitch about Obama's 1 trillion over 10 years budget that will be spent on Americans in America but not a peep about 2 trillion to the banks?

That should tell us something if they protested over $1 trillion but won't over $2 trillion.

Maybe they didn't know. I just found out today. Lets see how they react. Why didn't Fox News report on this?

Why didn't FAUX Noise report on it? Simple.......it's a mouthpiece for the GOP, and has such stellar individuals on it like Glenn Beck (asshole extraordinaire), Rush Limbidiot (drug popping scumbag), as well as Geraldo (may his moustache be invaded by the crotch fleas of 1,000 camels), an O'Reilly (the drunk Irish fuck who makes no sense).

With a lineup like that, as well as the fact that Rupert Murdoch (the owner of FAUX Noise), has PUBLICLY STATED that FAUX Noise "isn't concerned with facts".

Glenn Beck said the same thing on the View.

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

I am telling them that the Federal Reserve gave the banks an additional $2 trillion dollars above and beyond the $750 billion and I don't see any outrage. Not only that, the Federal Reserve won't tell us who they gave the money to.

They bitch about Obama's 1 trillion over 10 years budget that will be spent on Americans in America but not a peep about 2 trillion to the banks?

That should tell us something if they protested over $1 trillion but won't over $2 trillion.

Maybe they didn't know. I just found out today. Lets see how they react. Why didn't Fox News report on this?

Hmm... Interesting. Haven't heard read about it yet... Do you have useful links? Thanks.

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

Why didn't FAUX Noise report on it? Simple.......it's a mouthpiece for the GOP, and has such stellar individuals on it like Glenn Beck (asshole extraordinaire), Rush Limbidiot (drug popping scumbag), as well as Geraldo (may his moustache be invaded by the crotch fleas of 1,000 camels), an O'Reilly (the drunk Irish fuck who makes no sense).

With a lineup like that, as well as the fact that Rupert Murdoch (the owner of FAUX Noise), has PUBLICLY STATED that FAUX Noise "isn't concerned with facts".

Really I didn't know that Rush Limbaugh has a show on Fox....maybe you provide a link?

Geraldo is a liberal....

Oreilly is the #1 cable news show in America
Are you always this stupid?
Cable news ratings bring out the inner blowhard in Bill O'Reilly and Keith Olbermann | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Are you tired of hearing the cable news blowhards toot their own horns? Were you expecting that after the November election, the networks would stop obsessing over endless ratings spin and maybe encourage the hosts -- who are, after all, supposed to be discussing issues of national import -- to do something besides beat their own chests?

Well, good luck with that.

The latest batch of quarterly and monthly cable news numbers is out, and that has prompted another frenzied round of spinning from the news networks. Fox News delivered a news release celebrating Bill O'Reilly's 100th consecutive month -- dating to 2000 -- as the No. 1 cable news show at 8 p.m. To mark the occasion, O'Reilly gave an interview with a trade magazine in which he declared, "We had our people research all programs going back to the’ 50s, like 'Gunsmoke' and things like that. Nobody’s ever stayed on top this long."

This in turn earned a caustic reaction Monday night from MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, a frequent O'Reilly scourge, who noted that NBC's "Today" and "Meet the Press" have been No. 1 in their time slots for far longer than "The O'Reilly Factor." "The old man is getting sloppy," Olbermann told his viewers. (He left out that the "old man" beats Olbermann by a margin of nearly 3-to-1 in total viewers.)

It's nearly always a bad idea to look for TV hosts for candid, well-informed assessments of their own ratings performance. But a quick look at the numbers from Nielsen Media Research does yield important insights into the cable-news race.

First, despite the predictions (hopes?) of some analysts, Fox News' supposed Obama-age meltdown has not occurred. In fact, since the Democratic administration has entered office, the Rupert Murdoch-owned network looks as dominant as ever. During prime time, where the most valuable advertising is sold, Fox News averaged more viewers through the first quarter (2.3 million) than CNN (1.1 million) and MSNBC (957,000) combined.

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

Try more like 4.8 trillion dollars over the next 10 years and this is part of the reason they protest....

Notable earmarks in the 2008 omnibus spending bill include:

$576,000 to manage weeds

Rodent control in Alaska ($113,000)

Olive fruit fly research in France ($213,000)

Hunting and Fishing Museum in Pennsylvania ($200,000)

Louis Armstrong Museum in New York ($150,000)

A bike trail in Minnesota ($700,000)

A river walk in Massachusetts ($1,000,000)

A post office museum in downtown Las Vegas ($200,000); and

The Lincoln Park Zoo in Illinois ($37,000)

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

Try more like 4.8 trillion dollars over the next 10 years and this is part of the reason they protest....

$576,000 to manage weeds

Hmm... I see. :eusa_think:

:rofl:

The rain'a'terror continues don't it...
Oooh.... Bike trail in Minnesota? HOW COULD HE!!! Museums? WTF!!! ZOO? NOW, THAT DOES IT!

OMG, I just had a laughing fit...

I'm better now...

However... weed management? Oh, I forgot... we're talking USA... Yeah, guys'n'gals... what do you have against weeds? That is totally an American thing... never understood it... ;)

Last edited:

$576,000 to manage weeds

Hmm... I see. :eusa_think:

:rofl:

The rain'a'terror continues don't it...
Oooh.... Bike trail in Minnesota? HOW COULD HE!!! Museums? WTF!!! ZOO? NOW, THAT DOES IT!

OMG, I just had a laughing fit...

I'm better now...

However... weed management? Oh, I forgot... we're talking USA... Yeah, guys'n'gals... what do you have against weeds? That is totally an American thing... never understood it... ;)

A bike trail that costs 700,000 dollars, I wonder how many jobs will be created due to a bike trail? Other than the people who clear the weeds?

Really I didn't know that Rush Limbaugh has a show on Fox....maybe you provide a link?

Geraldo is a liberal....

Cable news ratings bring out the inner blowhard in Bill O'Reilly and Keith Olbermann | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times
Are you tired of hearing the cable news blowhards toot their own horns? Were you expecting that after the November election, the networks would stop obsessing over endless ratings spin and maybe encourage the hosts -- who are, after all, supposed to be discussing issues of national import -- to do something besides beat their own chests?

The latest batch of quarterly and monthly cable news numbers is out, and that has prompted another frenzied round of spinning from the news networks. Fox News delivered a news release celebrating Bill O'Reilly's 100th consecutive month -- dating to 2000 -- as the No. 1 cable news show at 8 p.m. To mark the occasion, O'Reilly gave an interview with a trade magazine in which he declared, "We had our people research all programs going back to the’ 50s, like 'Gunsmoke' and things like that. Nobody’s ever stayed on top this long."

This in turn earned a caustic reaction Monday night from MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, a frequent O'Reilly scourge, who noted that NBC's "Today" and "Meet the Press" have been No. 1 in their time slots for far longer than "The O'Reilly Factor." "The old man is getting sloppy," Olbermann told his viewers. (He left out that the "old man" beats Olbermann by a margin of nearly 3-to-1 in total viewers.)

It's nearly always a bad idea to look for TV hosts for candid, well-informed assessments of their own ratings performance. But a quick look at the numbers from Nielsen Media Research does yield important insights into the cable-news race.

First, despite the predictions (hopes?) of some analysts, Fox News' supposed Obama-age meltdown has not occurred. In fact, since the Democratic administration has entered office, the Rupert Murdoch-owned network looks as dominant as ever. During prime time, where the most valuable advertising is sold, Fox News averaged more viewers through the first quarter (2.3 million) than CNN (1.1 million) and MSNBC (957,000) combined.

Just because they tell you it's true, doesn't mean that it is. Remember, the Catholic church told everyone for a LONG TIME that the world was flat. Only trouble is.........the Jews knew it wasn't, and after a while, Copernicus and Galileo told us as well.

There are several places where that fucked up news crap known as Faux Noise has lied repeatedly. Some shit has been made up, and some other crap has been taken out of context. Need proof? How about the ungodly way that they've tried to spin Mrs. Sotomayer?

Get a clue and quit listening to propaganda.

Geraldo is a liberal....

Just because they tell you it's true, doesn't mean that it is. Remember, the Catholic church told everyone for a LONG TIME that the world was flat. Only trouble is.........the Jews knew it wasn't, and after a while, Copernicus and Galileo told us as well.

There are several places where that fucked up news crap known as Faux Noise has lied repeatedly. Some shit has been made up, and some other crap has been taken out of context. Need proof? How about the ungodly way that they've tried to spin Mrs. Sotomayer?

Get a clue and quit listening to propaganda.

Still waiting on the Rush Limbaugh on Fox News website link?

I realize Fox News has a right slant, they do a good job of getting both sides of an argument though. Even though Fox leans right, your idiotic comments regarding the network is laughable. Also the Neilsen ratings are what they are, the O'reilly factor is the #1 cable news show on in the prime time slot....

O'Reilly sucks ass and I hope his cable show goes straight down the tubes. Personally? I'd like to see an RPG go straight into his chest and blow little Billo chunks all over the place.

His attack journalism sucks, he's a blowhard who is too full of himself, and I'm ashamed of anyone in the human race who watches this dumb motherfucker.

Be nice if the asshole went over a cliff in a car. Shit.........I'd pay good money to attend that fucker's funeral.

O'Reilly sucks ass and I hope his cable show goes straight down the tubes. Personally? I'd like to see an RPG go straight into his chest and blow little Billo chunks all over the place.

His attack journalism sucks, he's a blowhard who is too full of himself, and I'm ashamed of anyone in the human race who watches this dumb motherfucker.

Be nice if the asshole went over a cliff in a car. Shit.........I'd pay good money to attend that fucker's funeral.

Yes and these types of posts is why I value your opinion so highly....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back