The Tea Party Thread

Mash 107 opines:

I don't want to see massive inflation or unemployment or a decade long Depression as what FDR had created,

Go read a book, Lad.

You clearly haven't a clue about American history.

Tea baggers are funny.

Looks like that little trend has run its course.

With what information do you make that assertion? Here's somethng from Yesterdays special election in California, where two thirds of voters rejected budget initiatives:

California tax revolt: Voters crush Schwarzenegger’s budget proposals at the polls posted at 8:20 am on May 20, 2009 Of the six propositions offered, only one passed — the one to freeze pay raises for legislators when the state’s running a deficit — despite Arnold and his allies having outspent critics 10 to 1 in pushing the initiatives. To paraphrase a hip-hop classic, California knows how to tea-party

California voters exercise their power -- and that's the problem - Los Angeles Times

Arnie's a Republican. I wonder if one could draw any inferences / implications from this...
None....he's much much more a liberal R and a RHINO. I never understood the infatuation with "Arnie", never! It was a bit of escapism I suppose, but it showed the weakness in the thinking processes of some on the fringes of some on the R-right, less so the C-right.

With what information do you make that assertion? Here's somethng from Yesterdays special election in California, where two thirds of voters rejected budget initiatives:

California tax revolt: Voters crush Schwarzenegger’s budget proposals at the polls posted at 8:20 am on May 20, 2009 Of the six propositions offered, only one passed — the one to freeze pay raises for legislators when the state’s running a deficit — despite Arnold and his allies having outspent critics 10 to 1 in pushing the initiatives. To paraphrase a hip-hop classic, California knows how to tea-party

California voters exercise their power -- and that's the problem - Los Angeles Times

Arnie's a Republican. I wonder if one could draw any inferences / implications from this...
None....he's much much more a liberal R and a RHINO. I never understood the infatuation with "Arnie", never! It was a bit of escapism I suppose, but it showed the weakness in the thinking processes of some on the fringes of some on the R-right, less so the C-right.

Well, he's a Republican who won the governorship of Cali and he has some celebrity in his bio. It reminds you of Reagan's background and Republicans have been looking for another Reagan.

Our founders must've been perverts for that Boston Teabag Party!

Anyways, 300,000+ according to latest counts make it a smashing success.

And, next year, when it's apparent that the same failed policies have the same devastating effects even with a Democrat is in power, we'll get more!

2009 Tea Party protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

300,000/300,000,000 is NOT a success. It was nice a lot of people showed up, but that number needed to be in the 3.000,000 range to have an impact. 300,000 is not that significant in a country of 300,000,000.....

Zoomie, middle estimates were 808,000; high was 865 and low was 750. Please take a look at the roster HERE and watch the city-by-city/state-by-state roster count at 2:18 to 3:10; it's informative, and definitely not a waste of time. My own city is shown at 300-300-300, and I along with others I talked to put it at 500 at any given time. And all the time it was in flux so that overall the total was greater, exceeding the roster count by 60%(+). There will be more.

Last edited:
I cannot believe we're still arguing about these TEA PARTY events.

What's to argue about?

A million Americans (maybe less, maybe more.. but the number is still significant) got off their asses and took to the streets to express their ire about the government.

Even though I don't much agree with these people and their opinions, I think this is a healthy sign that the American people are finally getting involved.

It's just a damned shame that these Republicans partisans waited so long to complain about how incompetent their POTUS was.

They should have had these tea parties back when Bush II was screwing up.

What's to argue about?

Ed, I guess you don't see anything different between what Bush did and Obama's doing now? There's a difference in both scale and activity by an order of magnitude. It's got people's attention.

The tea parties are over.

Nobody wants to see the rightwing teabaggers dipping their balls into each other's mouths.

TEABAGGERS!

Interestingly enough, the banks are starting to pay back the money. Matter of fact, the main reason that they are all in such a rush to do so, is because they don't want salary caps on their top CEOs and salesmen.

They want to keep paying them excessive amounts of money.

So the solution? They're paying back all the bailout money.

So, is that what you meant by "failure"?

Actually, banks want to return TARP money because it cost them much more then if they didn’t take it. To prevent banks returning TARP money Treasury imposed huge penalties that are equivalent of 30% interest on money borrowed.

TARP Warrants Show Banks May Reap ‘Ruthless Bargain’ - Bloomberg.com

What's to argue about?

Ed, I guess you don't see anything different between what Bush did and Obama's doing now? There's a difference in both scale and activity by an order of magnitude. It's got people's attention.

Of course it's different. :eusa_liar:

If Bush were still in office and doing the exact same thing Obama is doing, you'd all scramble to get on your knees as quickly as you could.

It's been proven over and over through credible scientific research that right wingers are the teacher-pet, everything-must-be-in-order, fat lonely kids.

There isn't a single right winger on this blue planet with a sense of humor. That's a fact.

What's to argue about?

If Bush were still in office and doing the exact same thing Obama is doing, you'd all scramble to get on your knees as quickly as you could.

It's been proven over and over through credible scientific research that right wingers are the teacher-pet, everything-must-be-in-order, fat lonely kids.

There isn't a single right winger on this blue planet with a sense of humor. That's a fact.

Good lord...

Fiction CAN be fun!

Columbus, Ohio Mayor Michael Coleman (D) thanked Obama for stimulus money which saved the small police recruiting class, claiming it secured their employment. Now 6 weeks or so later he announced that more than 200 officers will be laid off due to budget concerns and lack of federal support.

ahuh and so the Obama song and dance will go.

Bend over people and assume the position and don't bother raising up. It's going to be a long, dry and hard screwing!

What's to argue about?

Your posts appear to attack the right wing (which suggests you are left leaning). On the other hand your jokes are very old, which implies that you may have no sense of humor and could therefore, by your definition, be a righty.

Hmmm, how very ambiguous.

That said, you haven't posted any links to support your facts, so perhaps they are not so much facts as assumptions, in which case the simplest explanation would probably be that your definition is stupid and that you are simply a left winger with no sense of humor.

As a 'man of science', I assume you are familiar with Ockham's Razor?

On the other hand you may just be a child which, given your screen name, would be the simplest explanation of all.

On the other hand you may just be a child which, given your screen name, would be the simplest explanation of all.

Or it could be option C: a guy who is just goofing around on the internet with a bunch of people who take it seriously and actually think they are making a difference.

The fact is that nobody gives a crap about what I think. And the same goes for you.

Or it could be option C: a guy who is just goofing around on the internet with a bunch of people who take it seriously and actually think they are making a difference.

The fact is that nobody gives a crap about what I think. And the same goes for you.

Actually, many people think my views are crap. A subtle but key difference!

This is your thread to discuss the Tea Parties. Non inflammatory threads will get moved here. Inflammatory threads will get locked and slowly die until further notice.

If the tea baggers don't have another protest about this, then that will prove it was just a political stunt aimed at the Democrats.

Why Won't the Federal Reserve Say Who They Gave $2 Trillion To?

Nov. 10 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve is refusing to identify the recipients of almost $2 trillion of emergency loans from American taxpayers or the troubled assets the central bank is accepting as collateral.

Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said in September they would comply with congressional demands for transparency in a $700 billion bailout of the banking system. Two months later, as the Fed lends far more than that in separate rescue programs that didn't require approval by Congress, Americans have no idea where their money is going or what securities the banks are pledging in return.

Fed Defies Transparency Aim in Refusal to Disclose (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

Tea parties.... good idea, baaaaaaaad execution. And that's the end of it.

The final judgment: they sucked ass and nothing came out of it.

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

I am telling them that the Federal Reserve gave the banks an additional $2 trillion dollars above and beyond the $750 billion and I don't see any outrage. Not only that, the Federal Reserve won't tell us who they gave the money to.

Do they understand that is their tax dollars?

They bitch about Obama's 1 trillion over 10 years budget that will be spent on Americans in America but not a peep about 2 trillion to the banks?

That should tell us something if they protested over $1 trillion but won't over $2 trillion.

Maybe they didn't know. I just found out today. Lets see how they react. Why didn't Fox News report on this?

Last edited:
Columbus, Ohio Mayor Michael Coleman (D) thanked Obama for stimulus money which saved the small police recruiting class, claiming it secured their employment. Now 6 weeks or so later he announced that more than 200 officers will be laid off due to budget concerns and lack of federal support.

ahuh and so the Obama song and dance will go.

Bend over people and assume the position and don't bother raising up. It's going to be a long, dry and hard screwing!

Are you going to tea bag over this Columbusile?

Fed Defies Transparency Aim in Refusal to Disclose (Update2) - Bloomberg.com

$2 trillion!!!!!! Where's the outrage?

Nice try though.

Maybe next time... ;)

I am telling them that the Federal Reserve gave the banks an additional $2 trillion dollars above and beyond the $750 billion and I don't see any outrage. Not only that, the Federal Reserve won't tell us who they gave the money to.

Do they understand that is their tax dollars?

They bitch about Obama's 1 trillion over 10 years budget that will be spent on Americans in America but not a peep about 2 trillion to the banks?

That should tell us something if they protested over $1 trillion but won't over $2 trillion.

Maybe they didn't know. I just found out today. Lets see how they react. Why didn't Fox News report on this?

I only heard about this earlier today as well. It's a fucking scandal. And to them be told that they're not saying where it went is the ultimate slap in the face. It's just as bad as keeping the Iraq costs off budget.

Forum List

Back