The Tea Party is exactly like the guy in this article

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
"Our very way of life is under siege," said Mortensen, whose understanding of the Constitution derives not from a close reading of the document but from talk-show pundits, books by television personalities, and the limitless expanse of his own colorful imagination. "It's time for true Americans to stand up and protect the values that make us who we are."

"Right there in the preamble, the authors make their priorities clear: 'one nation under God,'" said Mortensen, attributing to the Constitution a line from the Pledge of Allegiance, which itself did not include any reference to a deity until 1954. "Well, there's a reason they put that right at the top."

Notice how much less we've been hearing the phrase "Tea Party", ever since the debt ceiling debacle?

'Been kinda nice!

The Onion? A satire site? Really?

EPIC FAIL!

It is a failure. The Onion wrote an article about a guy that is clearly real. I've seen 100 copies of him running around on this message board alone.

The Onion is a satire/comedy site, Doofus.

Well no shit, Sherlock, you must be a genius with a PFD or something.

That's why I thought it was a bit odd that the person they were describing in the article actually exists all over America. My Lord, you are dense.

The persistent problem with you wackos is you have poor comprehension skills. You fail to read and understand what people actually write, instead coming up with wildly different things than what was actually written.

Last edited:
The Onion? A satire site? Really?

EPIC FAIL!

It is a failure. The Onion wrote an article about a guy that is clearly real. I've seen 100 copies of him running around on this message board alone.
The stereotypes you keep in your head for reference are not real people.

Pointing to someone else's fantasy as validation of your own proves only that you're an idiot.

WuerkM20091021_low.jpg

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
"Our very way of life is under siege," said Mortensen, whose understanding of the Constitution derives not from a close reading of the document but from talk-show pundits, books by television personalities, and the limitless expanse of his own colorful imagination. "It's time for true Americans to stand up and protect the values that make us who we are."

"Right there in the preamble, the authors make their priorities clear: 'one nation under God,'" said Mortensen, attributing to the Constitution a line from the Pledge of Allegiance, which itself did not include any reference to a deity until 1954. "Well, there's a reason they put that right at the top."

The Onion is not real news dude.
Look it up on Wikipedia.
The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news, in addition to a non-satirical entertainment section known as The A.V. Club.

You looked in a mirror? Good for you. Recognizing you're an idiot is the first step.

So witty.

You look like you get your clothes from the toilet store.

OK. Now you are definitely losing whatever grip you may have once had on reality. You haven't seen my clothes... your imagination is not reality. You might want to write that down... or get the voices in your head to remind you.

Forum List

Back