The Tea Party & American History Education

The Tea Party clearly stresses the importance of knowing American History: In fact, the main page of the Tea Party Patriots web site contains an ad in the upper right corner of the screen that reads "Teach U.S. History in Our Schools!"

In light of a recent study that found U.S. school children lacking terribly in their knowledge of U.S. History (see Associated Press, "Report: Students don't know much about US history," 14 June 2011), how does the Tea Party feel about:

1) the proposed congressional bill H.R. 1891, which will eliminate the Teaching American History grants program issued by the U.S. Department of Education?

2) the de-emphasis of history curricula in general caused by No Child Left Behind, which stresses reading and math skills at the expense of other classes, such as U.S. History?

The very last thing our leaders truly want is a public well versed in REAL history.

And judging from the history I have heard coming from the likes of Palin and other TP heros?

The last thing that the TP wants is for our children to know any REAL history, either.

The Tea Party folks demand massive spending cuts or they will let the nation default on it's obligation but when a Bill is introduced that will eliminate 42 wasteful programs in the DOE budget and save hundreds of millions of dollars they say no. It eliminates a grant to increase K-12 teacher's appreciation of American history. Considering or economic problems, do we really need to spend money teaching American history appreciation to teachers that don't even teach history.

Absolutely, many now learn their history from Fox, Beck and Palin.

I did not know all that about Paul Revere for instance...

Yea... I'm still reading up on the history of the 57 states. It's taking a while.... I'm embarrassed to admit that I can only name 50 of 'em. :(

Actually, that should read "100% DUMB Bitch"

Hey Salt, Cal Girls stats are a lot better than yours.. I can't imagine she's dumb.
Do you have a mirror?

Blues

Yea... I'm still reading up on the history of the 57 states. It's taking a while.... I'm embarrassed to admit that I can only name 50 of 'em. :(

Actually, that should read "100% DUMB Bitch"

Hey Salt, Cal Girls stats are a lot better than yours.. I can't imagine she's dumb.
Do you have a mirror?

Blues

Because she's housebound and posts on here continuously? Give it up, she's not gonna fuck you. Your good fortune, probably.:cool:

Has anyone ever seen oldsalt make even one substantive post? Anywhere? :lol:

You call your lies substantive? I call them lame and juvenile. I call out punks like you all the time. I know you want me, so travel back in time a little more to my other posts.:eusa_whistle:

Has anyone ever seen oldsalt make even one substantive post? Anywhere? :lol:

You call your lies substantive? I call them lame and juvenile. I call out punks like you all the time. I know you want me, so travel back in time a little more to my other posts.:eusa_whistle:

Give us a link to any substantive post you've ever made. :eusa_angel:

LOL, gimme a link to one of yours? Because I choose to put you in your place, it's not a bad thing. Don't worry, pattie, you've got lots of numbers to come back as....pattie3, pattie4............:lol:

The centrists and slight left of center and right of center posters do know their history. That is why they do not twist as wildly as the lefties and Tea Party mad hatters.

American kids don't know history (1) because of the NCLB that steals time for actual learning, and (2) poor parents that don't monitor and participate in their children's education.

I have a CC history instructor friend who tells me while his home-schooled students are weak on critical analysis and recognizing bias, he cannot fault them on composition and general knowledge. His view is to let the home-schooling parents do the basics and then he polishes the rough spots when they get to history course.

Forum List

Back