the TARP is working?

• Banned
hahahaa I started a thread and immediately its marked old?

• Banned
It had to be done.

To bad he did not stave off the need for it before it came to a head

It had to be done.

yes too bad carter and clinton signed the lending dergulation into law .... and that the dem majority congress elected 2006 did nothing as well ..... pity the president doesn't write laws....

• Banned
Yeah too Bad that Clinton signed the Bill that was a republican wet dream for decades.

Too bad that the republican congress and the republican president Did NOTHING to mitigate the horrible effects of the laws removal when they became apparent. Too bad Bush and team fought the states when they tried to protect themselves from the fallout of GS removal.

Too bad deregulation is still going to be a huge part of the repubilcan battle cry for years to come.

actually....it was the dems as far back as 2003 claiming there was no problem....

truthdoesn'tmatter much eh....

• Banned
Wrong all 50 governors were trying to save there own states with laws that would keep the banks from screwing them.

Bush and Co fought them and forced them to be preempted by the Fed rules.

• Banned
I guess you guys wanted TARP to fail so Obama would be blamed.

Guess it aint going to happen like you wanted.

Its very good for the country though.

I guess the republicans were wrong yet again on a huge economic endevor.

Yeah too Bad that Clinton signed the Bill that was a republican wet dream for decades.

Too bad that the republican congress and the republican president Did NOTHING to mitigate the horrible effects of the laws removal when they became apparent. Too bad Bush and team fought the states when they tried to protect themselves from the fallout of GS removal.

Too bad deregulation is still going to be a huge part of the repubilcan battle cry for years to come.

yes shame on those damn republicans for trying to help the poor qualify for home loans and provide jobs for those union carpenters to build those homes.........

shame on them dem controlled congress for doing nothing to alter that when they recieved their mandate in 06....

The deregulation could have been reversed and or new laws could have been put in place to avert this problem.

The states TRIED to do it and were thwarted by a entirely R government.

Why did the entirely R government stop ALL 50 governers from protecting their people?

Wrong all 50 governors were trying to save there own states with laws that would keep the banks from screwing them.

Bush and Co fought them and forced them to be preempted by the Fed rules.

not true....do we really need to pull up the videos of barney fwank and numerous other dems, including obama, who claimed there was no problem and that the repubs were just fear mongering and were racist.....

Its very good for the country though.

Why would Bush supporters want a Bush initiative like TARP to fail?

Since when was McCain who, in 2003, BEGGED congress to address the issues he saw arising with FM and FM, a democrat?

WHere the hell do you get your....ahem....facts from anyway?

The deregulation could have been reversed and or new laws could have been put in place to avert this problem.

Why did the entirely R government stop ALL 50 governers from protecting their people?

I am trying to remember the last time the republicans had a fillibuster proof majority....but something tells me it was not during the "last 8 years"...but of course I may be wrong. But, of course, it was the Republican run congress that takes alkl the blame...none of those democrats.

Gee....ya partisan enough?

the entierly republican government......give me a break the dems controled congress for 2 years....bush never vetoed anything....besdies...wasn't poor people buying homes a good thing.....wasn't union labor being full employed a good thing.....

do you really want people to have to meet strict lending laws and not be able to get a home loan....

i really hate tose pubs for filing lawsuits to make banks lend to underqualified home buyers....

the bastards....

It had to be done.

yes too bad carter and clinton signed the lending dergulation into law .... and that the dem majority congress elected 2006 did nothing as well ..... pity the president doesn't write laws....

Carter didn't sign lending deregulation and the deregulation signed by Clinton was heavily pushed by congressional Republicans.

Its very good for the country though.[/QUOT

TARP was the 700 billion intended to stop the slippery slope decline of the banking industry. Of that, Bush Spent about 350 Billion and Obama spent the other 350.

The difference between TARP and the stimulus bill was that the funds spent under the TARP are expected to be recovered from the banks to which they were sent.

The stimulus bill funds will never come back and will only add to the debt. It's a little like the difference between making an investment that shows a return and bribing a politician. Now that I think about it, it's not like that, it is that.

If the stimulus was designed to stimulate the economy, it would have been spent by now. It is designed purely and simply to get Democrats re-elected. The Dems did not know how bad things were and assumed that the economy would heal itself, they could steal from the treasury to finance their retirement and everyone would think that the graft and bribe money was a stimulus.

After the fact, they have found that maybe a stimulus was required and NOW they are talking about a stimulus that might stimulate something.

How stupid do they think we are?

It had to be done.

Carter didn't sign lending deregulation and the deregulation signed by Clinton was heavily pushed by congressional Republicans.

so carter had nothing to do with changing the regulation rules on the federal reserve and altering the new deal restrictions.....interesting....no one put a gun to clinton's head he could have vetod it.....

my point contiues to be both parites dug this hole .... and neither did anything to change it till it failed....and yet ....they keep getting elected...

Forum List

Back