The Talk: Nonblack Version

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
with the Martin/Zimmerman case all over the news a lot of black parents have given their children 'the talk'. how to survive in a hostile world.

John Derbyshire laid out what the nonblack version would look like and got fired for it.

(9) A small cohort of blacks—in my experience, around five percent—is ferociously hostile to whites and will go to great lengths to inconvenience or harm us. A much larger cohort of blacks—around half—will go along passively if the five percent take leadership in some event. They will do this out of racial solidarity, the natural willingness of most human beings to be led, and a vague feeling that whites have it coming.

(10) Thus, while always attentive to the particular qualities of individuals, on the many occasions where you have nothing to guide you but knowledge of those mean differences, use statistical common sense:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

The Talk: Nonblack Version - Taki's Magazine

all of his suggestions are common sense and backed up by evidence, arguably just as valid as the black version.

I can understand why NR fired him but I was wondering if any of you have given your kids the same type of talk

Is it racist for black parents to warn their children that it may be dangerous to be around white people and what sorts of situations have the most potential problems? just wondering. is this a goose/gander thing or not?

Here's the lecture I've given my kid

Xenophobia is the response that very stupid and fearful people have when they encounter somebody they feel is not of their tribe.

Avoid people who exhibit xenophobia even if they consider YOU part of their tribe:

Why?

First, because they might eventually turn on you; secondly, because anybody that stupid and fearful is bound to get you in trouble sooner or later.

Last edited:
It's all very simple:

1) Only white's can be racist.

2) Only white's commit hate crimes

3) Only white's can't be proud of their race.

4) Only white's are not allowed to defend themselves.

how do you tell the difference between between clever and cautious, and stupid and fearful?

are middle class blacks wary of low class predominently white areas? how about low class predominently black areas? how about low class predominently hispanic areas?

all of his suggestions are common sense and backed up by evidence, arguably just as valid as the black version.

I can understand why NR fired him but I was wondering if any of you have given your kids the same type of talk

Oh, look. Another race-baiting moron. Just what I wanted in my easter basket.

Is it racist for black parents to warn their children that it may be dangerous to be around white people and what sorts of situations have the most potential problems? just wondering. is this a goose/gander thing or not?

I was never briefed that being around white people was dangerous.:confused:

how do you tell the difference between between clever and cautious, and stupid and fearful?

are middle class blacks wary of low class predominently white areas? how about low class predominently black areas? how about low class predominently hispanic areas?

So you are saying low class people are dangerous?:confused:

Here's "the talk" I received as a kid: "Be respectful of people, especially your elders and the authorities, be alert, be polite, don't trust too many people, and be ready to take care of yourself at all times.". that's the talk I received and give.

Here's the lecture I've given my kid

Xenophobia is the response that very stupid and fearful people have when they encounter somebody they feel is not of their tribe.

Avoid people who exhibit xenophobia even if they consider YOU part of their tribe:

Why?

First, because they might eventually turn on you; secondly, because anybody that stupid and fearful is bound to get you in trouble sooner or later.

So lemme guess: your kid got shot in a black neighborhood!

Seriously, what do the National Review editors tell their children about black neighborhoods? GO THERE AND HANG OUT???

Forum List

Back