The system failed these kids...big time

krisy said:
I can't believe this kind of thing could go on and no one figured it out. Whoever the "caseworkers" were for these kids need to be punished. I also don't understand how teenagers could be abused like this and not try to run away or fight back.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050205/D882DKUO0.html

The article says they were adopted, so they probably didn't have a case worker until very recently.

I've worked with kids in similar situations, and it's sick. The amount of control parents can have over their children is pretty powerful, thankfully one child finally did call an ambulance.

I just don't get it. Even if they were adopted,you would think the family would be checked on thoroughly before hand. I guess they were good actors. Our neighbors are foster parents and usually get teen boys,but thankfullly they are good to them.

Said1 said:
The article says they were adopted, so they probably didn't have a case worker until very recently.

I've worked with kids in similar situations, and it's sick. The amount of control parents can have over their children is pretty powerful, thankfully one child finally did call an ambulance.

Our tax money could could be going to take care of the unwanted and abused instead of killing them before they are born. Doesn't it strike you odd that federal money goes to both? Reminds me of when my fathers' job placed him in charge of liquor sales at an officers club AND rehabilitating military personnel with alcohol problems.

krisy said:
I just don't get it. Even if they were adopted,you would think the family would be checked on thoroughly before hand. I guess they were good actors. Our neighbors are foster parents and usually get teen boys,but thankfullly they are good to them.

I'm sure they were good actors, plus they isolated themselves and the children, no one saw them, and there was no one for the kids to tell.

dilloduck said:
Our tax money could could be going to take care of the unwanted and abused instead of killing them before they are born. Doesn't it strike you odd that federal money goes to both? Reminds me of when my fathers' job placed him in charge of liquor sales at an officers club AND rehabilitating military personnel with alcohol problems.

Actually, it's the religious-right and conservatives that have worked to cut funding for pre-natal care, as well as funding for child welfare agencies. BTW, are you aware that the rate of teen pregnacies and abortions has actually <i>gone up</i> on Dubbyuh's watch, especially in Texas?

But more to the point, these people belong in the same class of folks who killed a 10 year old girl after she witnessed their meth-lab operation. Break their knees and roll'em into a ravine somewhere far from civilization. Let the scavengers deal with them...if they'll even touch their polluted carcasses.

I'm trying to figure out how a 14 year old can weigh 36 pounds and still be mobil,or alive. Like I said,I hope these two fat asses fry.

dilloduck said:

Reporting this type of thing also puts you in a very difficult situation. I reported a mother once, and she tried to ruin my reputation. I had almost zero support from my employers, and nothing was done to help the woman's kids. The system often fails, and people don't want to get invovled.

Bullypulpit said:
Actually, it's the religious-right and conservatives that have worked to cut funding for pre-natal care, as well as funding for child welfare agencies. BTW, are you aware that the rate of teen pregnacies and abortions has actually <i>gone up</i> on Dubbyuh's watch, especially in Texas?

But more to the point, these people belong in the same class of folks who killed a 10 year old girl after she witnessed their meth-lab operation. Break their knees and roll'em into a ravine somewhere far from civilization. Let the scavengers deal with them...if they'll even touch their polluted carcasses.

Don't know if that's true,but even if they have cut funding,there will never be a pregnant woman that doesn't get the care she needs if she wants it.

The rate of teen pregnancy has nothing to do with the president,unless you think he should post the SS at the window of every 16 year old gal in Texas!!!

"They looked like the photos that we've seen of Auschwitz," said Tierney, describing 14-year-old twins, one weighing 36 pounds, the other 38 pounds, about 80 pounds below the normal weights for their age.

HOLY S***!

Sterilization with a rusty, salt-encrusted spoon followed by execution by crucifixion while being boiled in oil is too good for these peope.

Hobbit said:
HOLY S***!

Sterilization with a rusty, salt-encrusted spoon followed by execution by crucifixion while being boiled in oil is too good for these peope.
What he said.

it makes me vomit to read something like this, how inhumane someone could be to children...

the system fails these kids, and in the end, the politicians and the citizens fail the system... by not demanding politicians and officials get involved and reform rotten systems like this one, the citizens betray those who have no voice to cry for help, like these children.

in the end, the citizens and the politicians don't suffer, only the children and the others who have no allies, no friends, no one to defend them.

the only thing for them is God. He will right this terrible wrong in their next life in heaven, but sadly, only after they've gone through Hell on Earth.

Forum List

Back