The symptoms and the damage

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
The symptom was that rwo lesbians got together in a "civil union."

It did not last very long.

One wanted to be a mother and got pregnant. She was willing to have a child with two moms.

The damages are much worse than the symptoms. A child was born. The civil unin severed. Now a child is a pawn in a court battle, and is being ordered into the hands of the woman who is not the biological mother, by the courts.

This is a very sick situation, and is all because of an immoral lifestyle and selfish people.

How can the courts even come up with such a ruling. It contradicts and goes against any common sense. Legal means nothing if it is wrong, and this case has resulted in wrong action by the courts.

While both women are guilty of immorality, one realized her errors, and has done well in the case. The other is still living in immorality and the child doesn't even want to go to be with her.

ACLU is in the middle of it, and of course they will rule with the immorality. That is their "general" MO.

There was a little boy who had to go back to his biological father in Cuba, but that "father" hardly even knew the boy, and everything was good for the boy where he was, even though he was not living with biological family. Thanks to the courts and some political figures!!!

Courts generally rule against the fathers in cases where the mother is doing well, but in this case, where the biological connection does not even exist, the courts rule for the person who was the biological mother's "civil parther," who has no biological connection at all.

The courts are screwed up totally. ACLU is destroying any hope for a moral America. And... well God help America, please.

Like straight couples can't fuck up to this extent.

Did you see the story about Uganda...3 evangelicals went over there and preached that gays can be cured and now Uganda is working to make homosexuality a death penalty crime.

Fucking stupid assholes.

Courts are not fair, they have no basis in fairness. The courts are a private club, for lawyers by lawyers.
Don't believe that? Try going to court on a pro se basis sometime (represent yourself).
Nobody should be surprised at a court decision like the one detailed in the OP.
Courts are a closely guarded closed society of lawyers. Not all lawyers are scum, but the ones that are scum seem to have the most illustrious careers.
In a side note, I am willing to bet that the courthouse shooter in Las Vegas had some kind of beef with a judge. Some news outlets are already hinting at that by reporting how threats against judges have gone up over the past 5 years. There is a reason they have metal detectors at courthouses.

Is there a link?

I'll assume this is the topic?

Judge Orders Evangelical Christian Mom Lisa Miller to Give Her Child to Gay Ex-Lover - Crimesider - CBS News

December 31, 2009 6:00 AM
Judge Orders Evangelical Christian Mom Lisa Miller to Give Her Child to Gay Ex-Lover

MONTPELIER, Vt. (CBS/AP) Lisa Miller has had a serious change of heart.

Photo: Janet Jenkins, left, Lisa Miller, right.

The former lesbian, who entered into a civil union with another woman and raised a child with her, now says that "lifestyle" is "fundamentally wrong," has renounced her homosexuality, and has said she is determined to "protect" her 7-year-old daughter, Isabella, from the past.

She fought for sole custody and won.

But Janet Jenkins, Isabella's other mother, doesn't quite see it that way. Jenkins has been fighting for visitation rights for Isabella for more than five years.

Photo: Janet Miller-Jenkins, 39, of Fair Haven, Vt.

On Nov. 20, a Vermont family court judge awarded sole custody of Isabella to Jenkins after finding Miller in contempt of court for denying Jenkins access to the girl.

The handoff is scheduled for Friday, but Judge William Cohen now fears the birth mother "disappeared" with her daughter...

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about 'former' lesbian, nevertheless. It's this one that has raised the child, was the biological mother.

I can see the courts granting visitation to the non-biological to some degree, but custody? :eek:

Can't see that happening with a man that was non-biological.

Who wants equal rights? Extraordinary rights?

And from just that brief article you can deicde which person will be best for the child?
One of them may be totally loony and say god told her to starve the devil out of the child or somesuch.
Sheesh...

True uscitizen. And Obama could be the anti-Christ. You are one strange dude.

This is a sad story and I don't ascribe to the "homosexuality is a choice" idea. But with that said, in some cases of lesbians, like Anne Heche, they are simply confused young women. I do believe this woman realized chicks were not her preference, but I doubt if the church was the sole factor in her self realization. I just hope the judge considered the best interests of the child, and not political correctness in this case.

This is a sad story and I don't ascribe to the "homosexuality is a choice" idea. But with that said, in some cases of lesbians, like Anne Heche, they are simply confused young women. I do believe this woman realized chicks were not her preference, but I doubt if the church was the sole factor in her self realization. I just hope the judge considered the best interests of the child, and not political correctness in this case.

I've seen nothing here that appears to be considering 'the best interests of the child.' I see best case scenario for proudly gay and anti-religious.

Personally the religious choice of the birth/bio mother isn't my cup of tea. I also doubt the 'choice' of being homosexual, so wouldn't say the birth mother's decision to 'be straight' is point on her behalf.

Yet, she's the one that raised this child, who up until this 'battle' seemed happy and thriving. Along comes the 'one' who last saw the child at 14 months, who disagrees with religious upbringing, etc. Granted sole custody? Give me a break.

I don't like that bio-mom went on lamb, but who would have done differently? If someone told me to turn my 7 year old over to a non-bio person, who last saw the child over 5 years ago, I don't know that I'd not run.

And from just that brief article you can deicde which person will be best for the child?
One of them may be totally loony and say god told her to starve the devil out of the child or somesuch.
Sheesh...

Here's a crazy idea. how about she stay with her mother instead of someone who is absolutely no one to her?

Did you see the story about Uganda...3 evangelicals went over there and preached that gays can be cured and now Uganda is working to make homosexuality a death penalty crime.

Fucking stupid assholes.

Actually, this happened to be about a gay couple, but is it true that we all can mess up.

It is about a lifestyle, not a sin that happens from time to time. We do all sin. Some just have it as a lifestyle.

Sheesh...

Since the article is clear, and further information is available, we do know that the Mother is not a bit loony.

I did not make a decision on who was best for the child, just who was right for the child, all things being good.

Sheesh...

Here's a crazy idea. how about she stay with her mother instead of someone who is absolutely no one to her?

I agree. To me this raises questions about our judicial system, and our civil justice system. Of course, having worked in the Criminal Justice System for 21 years +, I have seen the stuff they do, and it ain't pretty. I was eight_balled a few times for speaking up. But, still could not shut up. LOL

There should be a national outcry.

One wanted to be a mother and got pregnant. She was willing to have a child with two moms.

The damages are much worse than the symptoms. A child was born. The civil unin severed. Now a child is a pawn in a court battle, and is being ordered into the hands of the woman who is not the biological mother, by the courts.

This is a very sick situation, and is all because of an immoral lifestyle and selfish people.

How can the courts even come up with such a ruling. It contradicts and goes against any common sense. Legal means nothing if it is wrong, and this case has resulted in wrong action by the courts.

While both women are guilty of immorality, one realized her errors, and has done well in the case. The other is still living in immorality and the child doesn't even want to go to be with her.

ACLU is in the middle of it, and of course they will rule with the immorality. That is their "general" MO.

There was a little boy who had to go back to his biological father in Cuba, but that "father" hardly even knew the boy, and everything was good for the boy where he was, even though he was not living with biological family. Thanks to the courts and some political figures!!!

Courts generally rule against the fathers in cases where the mother is doing well, but in this case, where the biological connection does not even exist, the courts rule for the person who was the biological mother's "civil parther," who has no biological connection at all.

The courts are screwed up totally. ACLU is destroying any hope for a moral America. And... well God help America, please.
If the non biological mother legally adopted the child then she has ever right to file and recieve custody of the child if she the court views her as the better parent. Also how many step parents end up raising their step children in this country? When it comes to being a parent, it doesn't always matter who the "real" parent is.

Sheesh...

I'd love someone to show me a case of custody being given to a child's stepparent in a heterosexual relationship over the biological parent, without some evidence of serious danger to the child like abuse, drug use, etc.

Oh, yeah. No "special" rights being asked for HERE. They just want to be treated like everyone else, right?

If the non biological mother legally adopted the child then she has ever right to file and recieve custody of the child if she the court views her as the better parent. Also how many step parents end up raising their step children in this country? When it comes to being a parent, it doesn't always matter who the "real" parent is.

Hmm, even given the record that all agree that the child was flourishing? Why should she be ripped from her home? On what basis? Ripping from bio parent, that had raised her for over 5 years, to send her with a stranger that disagreed with the religious upbringing? How is that in best interest of of the child?

Strange to the point of unique.

Yes I hope the childs best interests were served by the court.
But as I said, in all honesty there is no way in hell to determine that from that brief article.

Fucking stupid assholes.

Actually, this happened to be about a gay couple, but is it true that we all can mess up.

It is about a lifestyle, not a sin that happens from time to time. We do all sin. Some just have it as a lifestyle.

Sinning against no one except God is fun.
Harming others is wrong though.
Unless of course they need killin.

Forum List

Back