CDZ The Swamp and clearing it.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Trump came in to office as an anti establishment figure and famously promised to clean the "swamp". Two years on and several of his closest supporters are in jail,going to jail or under investigation. There are family members working in his administration and there are documented incidents of Trump businesses benefiting financially from his Presidency.

I cant see how he can position himself as a reformer or anti establishment when he is patently part of the elite and employing the likes of Zinke and Devos.

Leave out the partisanship here and it just looks like business as usual.

What did you expect to happen and are you happy or unhappy about progress on this issue ?

Trump came in to office as an anti establishment figure and famously promised to clean the "swamp". Two years on and several of his closest supporters are in jail,going to jail or under investigation. There are family members working in his administration and there are documented incidents of Trump businesses benefiting financially from his Presidency.

I cant see how he can position himself as a reformer or anti establishment when he is patently part of the elite and employing the likes of Zinke and Devos.

What did you expect to happen and are you happy or unhappy about progress on this issue ?

On the positive, I expected a bit more outing of the old guard. Things which may have helped or hurt us like Trump outing this or that NSA program publicly or this or that lobbiest or secret deal.

On the negative I expected amature hour. Really the scandals are just that, to this point.

So in that regard Trump is underperforming my pre election scouting report.

I’m neither happy or unhappy as my expectations of him fulfilling that promise was nonexistent.

Rhetoric about ‘the swamp’ was just that: rhetoric – empty, meaningless, devoid of merit.

That fact remains that sound, responsible governance and public policy require the skill and experience of dedicated professionals knowledgeable of government service.

And those with only a private sector background do a particularly poor job of running government agencies.

Last, those voters unhappy with ‘the government’ or ‘the establishment’ are wasting their time attacking ‘the government’ – as the voters alone are to blame for the faults and failings of government.

Rhetoric about ‘the swamp’ was just that: rhetoric – empty, meaningless, devoid of merit.

That fact remains that sound, responsible governance and public policy require the skill and experience of dedicated professionals knowledgeable of government service.

And those with only a private sector background do a particularly poor job of running government agencies.

Last, those voters unhappy with ‘the government’ or ‘the establishment’ are wasting their time attacking ‘the government’ – as the voters alone are to blame for the faults and failings of government.
Far from 'draining the swamp, Trump has invited the swamp into the White House.

Far from hiring only the best and the brightest, Trump started off his administration with loading up the government with ex-lobbyists- you know the swamp. He is still doing that but frankly he has now made more of an emphasis on hiring anyone he feels that will put personal loyalty to Trump ahead of anything else.

Let me say this.

The fact that so many of those in Trump's circle are in legal jeopardy over things that were either unknown and only found out due to massive digging into other things OR are a direct result of the investigations should scare the hell out of everyone.

It's the swamp fighting back. Okay yeah Manafort , for example, is a scum bag but his crimes are ONLY known because the Justice Department was investigating Trump and came across Manafort's crimes. That isn't how our justice department is supposed to work at all folks. What about this newly elected state's attorney in NY , she has OPENLY said "we going to investigate everyone associated with Trump until we find crimes they may have committed" and Democrats cheer. That's chilling.

Now, as an honest person I can also say this. I find it disgusting that Michael Flynn was out screaming "lock her up" while he himself had been investigated by the US Army over the fact that he gave classified material to our allies in Afhganistan without permission. He did this, the investigation PROVED he did this, and the Army declined to press charges, then he became part of first Obama and then Trump's Administration. The guy shouldn't have been anywhere near the WH, and most assuredly he shouldn't have been running around yelling "lock her up" by the way if you actually listen to Comey's press conference he also confirmed that the investigation PROVED that Hillary illegally stored classified material on an authorized server, but then said no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges.

Meaning both Flynn and Hillary DID break the law, but no charges.

And other stuff to, like how in the hell is anyone in the Trump Administration going to be stupid enough to use private email for government business after that whole ordeal with Hillary?? Or what the hell is Ben Carson doing approving a $50K dining room table for HUD?

But when you compare the swampiness of Trump and his team to the rest of Washington, it really isn't even close. I personally would elect Trump President for life if it meant every single person who is currently in Congress would be removed from office and barred from every serving again.

And don't even get me started on the career idiots in the government who believe they are actually in charge , not those who are elected.

Oh yes, what a wonderful solution, we must only hire people who are experienced in running a completely inept government to run the government.

LOL

Let me say this.

The fact that so many of those in Trump's circle are in legal jeopardy over things that were either unknown and only found out due to massive digging into other things OR are a direct result of the investigations should scare the hell out of everyone.

It's the swamp fighting back. Okay yeah Manafort , for example, is a scum bag but his crimes are ONLY known because the Justice Department was investigating Trump and came across Manafort's crimes. That isn't how our justice department is supposed to work at all folks. What about this newly elected state's attorney in NY , she has OPENLY said "we going to investigate everyone associated with Trump until we find crimes they may have committed" and Democrats cheer. That's chilling.

Now, as an honest person I can also say this. I find it disgusting that Michael Flynn was out screaming "lock her up" while he himself had been investigated by the US Army over the fact that he gave classified material to our allies in Afhganistan without permission. He did this, the investigation PROVED he did this, and the Army declined to press charges, then he became part of first Obama and then Trump's Administration. The guy shouldn't have been anywhere near the WH, and most assuredly he shouldn't have been running around yelling "lock her up" by the way if you actually listen to Comey's press conference he also confirmed that the investigation PROVED that Hillary illegally stored classified material on an authorized server, but then said no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges.

Meaning both Flynn and Hillary DID break the law, but no charges.

And other stuff to, like how in the hell is anyone in the Trump Administration going to be stupid enough to use private email for government business after that whole ordeal with Hillary?? Or what the hell is Ben Carson doing approving a $50K dining room table for HUD?

But when you compare the swampiness of Trump and his team to the rest of Washington, it really isn't even close. I personally would elect Trump President for life if it meant every single person who is currently in Congress would be removed from office and barred from every serving again.

And don't even get me started on the career idiots in the government who believe they are actually in charge , not those who are elected.
Nobody likes politicians. But if you have a completely new set of reps then the civil service would walk all over them. You need some experience.

The only way to clear the swamp would be and nuclear attack on DC during a joint session of congress

It always fries my cookies when I read a lib/dems post about how bad the swamp is when he or she only bitches about the GOP/Trump Admin and never says the 1st word about all of the scandals that preceded it when Obama was in office. Let's be clear, there are numerous swamp creatures on both sides and it's been that way for a long time. I see no point in arguing about which side is/was worse, suffice it to say it's a big problem and it ain't going to get fixed in just a few years no matter who the president is or which party he or she belongs to. I will say this though, it's going to take the same determination that the FBI/DOJ employed going after Trump to go after everyone else who has committed misdeeds, and that includes Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Lois Lerner, and a host of others who should have gone through the same wringer that Trump and his people have endured. To say that it was fair and impartial is a flat out lie, and until that happens the swamp is not going to go away.

Oh, and BTW the obvious bias on the part of the MSM is not helping either.

It always fries my cookies when I read a lib/dems post about how bad the swamp is when he or she only bitches about the GOP/Trump Admin and never says the 1st word about all of the scandals that preceded it when Obama was in office. Let's be clear, there are numerous swamp creatures on both sides and it's been that way for a long time. I see no point in arguing about which side is/was worse, suffice it to say it's a big problem and it ain't going to get fixed in just a few years no matter who the president is or which party he or she belongs to. I will say this though, it's going to take the same determination that the FBI/DOJ employed going after Trump to go after everyone else who has committed misdeeds, and that includes Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Lois Lerner, and a host of others who should have gone through the same wringer that Trump and his people have endured. To say that it was fair and impartial is a flat out lie, and until that happens the swamp is not going to go away.

I guess there's crooks on both sides of the aisle but the republicans seem to be too stupid to get away with their shenanigans.

When did you become such a rent-boy for the establishment?

I guess there's crooks on both sides of the aisle but the republicans seem to be too stupid to get away with their shenanigans.
but the republicans seem to be too honest to get away with their shenanigans

Or maybe it's because the DOJ goes after the GOP a lot harder than they do the Dems, spurred on by a press/media that is way too biased. I get your point though, the Repubs just aren't as slick when it comes to burying the bodies and destroying the evidence. Lack of practice probably accounts for some of that.

Or maybe it's because the DOJ goes after the GOP a lot harder than they do the Dems, spurred on by a press/media that is way too biased. I get your point though, the Repubs just aren't as slick when it comes to burying the bodies and destroying the evidence. Lack of practice probably accounts for some of that.

Some truth to this. Take a scum bag like Hilary Clinton for example, it isn't that the DoJ has looked into her multiple time and said "she's clean boys" it's that they have looked into her multiple times and said "all the files were mysteriously burned or deleted and several potential witnesses have committed suicide under suspicious conditions, so there is no case here"

Last edited:
ONLY known because the Justice Department was investigating Trump and came across Manafort's crimes. That isn't how our justice department is supposed to work at all folks.

The only reason the Justice Department started to investigate is because the stink became too apparent. Obama was already taking action against Russia due to their interference. Flynn was caught working with Russia before Obama had turned over the keys. Then seemingly everyone was conversing with Kislyak. There was the Comey firing for whatever reason was being given that week. When Sessions recused himself for his Kislyak connection it became an issue too big to ignore.

But when you compare the swampiness of Trump and his team to the rest of Washington, it really isn't even close.

The President sets the tone for the rest of the government. If you are comparing presidential swampiness to Congressional swampiness we have already lost. He can't control what Congress does but he can set the example. He can also control who he hires. His cabinet is a direct reflection of who he is as a leader. When he refused to divest his assets he set himself up for ridicule. When tweeted about Obama and his golfing then flew to his own personal resorts almost weekly he rolled around in the swamp with the best of them. When he doubled the Mar-A-Lago membership fee he continued the trend. His underlings followed suit because what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Forum List

Back