The surprise we have coming for 2008

Last I checked the republicans don't control all or even most of the State Legislatures or Governor positions. And they didn't control them in 2000 or 2002 or 2004.

yes they do...

This is why there has been such a stink by Democrats on the "redistricting" taking place in many of the states.

And the Dems appear to have the numbers in state legislatures too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_legislatures

That is CURRENT CSM, we were talking 2000, 2002, 2004 I believe?

In 2006 the Dems made huge inroads all around.

I believe the republican governors made huge inroads in 2000, and maybe 2004 if memory serves? 2002 the repubs lost 1 governor to the dems but the repub governors were still the majority....

I will try to find a link to clarify as soon as I get the time... I have STUPID DIAL UP and it is slow as molasses!

care

ok, here is 2000, which is closer than i thought, but still with more repub congresses...
Political Breakdown 2000

Here's the breakdown on party control of state legislatures.

Republicans (17): Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

Democrats (16): Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Split (16): Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin.

Non-Partisan (1): Nebraska.

I dunno....that sure reads like present tense to me....

no csm, here is gunny's quote.... which i commented on...the latter part.

Last I checked the republicans don't control all or even most of the State Legislatures or Governor positions. And they didn't control them in 2000 or 2002 or 2004.

ok, here is 2000, which is closer than i thought, but still with more repub congresses...

Political Breakdown 2000

Here's the breakdown on party control of state legislatures.

Republicans (17): Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.

Democrats (16): Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Split (16): Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin.

Non-Partisan (1): Nebraska.
I know it's off-topic but looking at that reminds me of something.

It's funny that some people were arguing that there was no way that Bush won Ohio in 2004 and that the Diebold machines were rigged. They had a Republican governor, two Republican Senators, and a solidly red State legislature (even in 2004.) This is a State that sent Jean Schmidt to represent them in Washington for crying out loud. JEAN SCHMIDT! Yet the reaction from every Democrat from Ohio I've ever talked too is denial and that Kerry actually won.

I just wanted to point and laugh at Democrats from Ohio real quick. Carry on. :badgrin:

17 repub
16 dem

the rest are split or balanced is what it said?

Your original claim is that all or most of the States bought equipment because of republicans.... 17 is NOT most of the States. How about a break down on what the 50 States did buy and agree to , with a list of what party ran the State at the time and after?

Or you could just accept your claim is wishful thinking?

Forum List

Back