The Supreme Court on seccession

I don't find discussions on State's secessions all that threatening to be honest..

Why insult, inhibit or try to deny free speech or opinions on the subject, it seems quite Un-American honestly?

Last edited:
Texas v. White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ordinances and laws of secession are null when not approved by Congress. They count for spit and have no legal standing.

You know all the seccesion crap is just internet posts and polls right? You know no actual ordinance of seccession has been implemented at any governmental level, right?

Really? Thanks for letting me know!

Then why do you keep posting this crap, numbnuts?

Ordinances and laws of secession are null when not approved by Congress. They count for spit and have no legal standing.
Pretty funny that the whole Secessionist Movement has Liberals paying attention to the Law and reading the Constitution, perhaps for the first time! :lol:

The next step for the Gov't is to go to the States and enforce it's "authority" there. One or two States might not be a problem but 30?

Good luck with that because weapons sales are at all time highs! :lol:

Pretty funny that the whole Secessionist Movement has Liberals paying attention to the Law and reading the Constitution, perhaps for the first time! :lol:

The next step for the Gov't is to go to the States and enforce it's "authority" there. One or two States might not be a problem but 30?

So it seems is paranoid schizophrenia.

Gee, I wonder if anyone has talked about nullification and secession before in our history? This issue is so inane that I wonder why anyone even brings it up. So can anyone tell us why?

Libroidals are gettin nervous.. :badgrin: It's funny as hell!

We should let Texas secede..

When they fall on their face and come crawling back it will squash the issue forever.

Texas would be just fine.

Nope.

The receive billions of dollars from the fed..

That's why you don't see many Texas politicians talking about it. Just ingrate partisan hacks.

Considering the people would not have to pay federal taxes anymore, or follow federal regulations, which of course add to cost, i think there would be a net increase in availible funds for the state government.

We should let Texas secede..

When they fall on their face and come crawling back it will squash the issue forever.

Nope.

That's why you don't see many Texas politicians talking about it. Just ingrate partisan hacks.

Texas would no longer have to pay to the feds. I know. You hate Texas. If they were a bastion of liberals the story would be different.

I'm sure Texas would do quite well as they would no longer have to put up with unfunded mandates from the Govt.

They also could provide social services to their residents and not the millions of illegals in that State. Loads of saving there.

They could also deport the illegals and build their own wall if they wanted to. Hell. They could shoot em as they came across if they wanted to.

Hell. They would be their own country and could do as they please.

Oh yeah. Those Texans would come out ahead and I'm sure that State could take care of itself.

Nope.

Considering the people would not have to pay federal taxes anymore, or follow federal regulations, which of course add to cost, i think there would be a net increase in availible funds for the state government.

Coming from where? This is a real question, not a rhetorical poke.

I'm sure Texas would do quite well as they would no longer have to put up with unfunded mandates from the Govt.

Though Texas is one of the few Republican states that actually sends more to Washington than they get back in federal spending, I'm sure all their retirees will just love losing their social security and Medicare that they paid for.

Its not that huge of a divide, either. They'd save less than 5 cents on the dollar.
Spending by State Per Tax Dollar Sent to Washington | Heartland Institute

And what are they gonna do once they tap out on all their oil?

Forum List

Back