The superiority complex of the faithless is their Achilles heel

The superiority of most Christians is that their belief in Yeshua (Jesus to the Christians) is what they think makes them forgiven.

Unfortunately, most of them don't get the concept of forgiveness. If you get caught doing something stupid, you admit you did it, fix and clean up the mess you made, and most important............

YOU DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Because of the belief of Christians thinking that Yeshua and God forgives them, they automatically judge what others are doing on their limited understanding of God.

My personal belief? In order to understand more about God, you need to understand more than just one faith, because looking at something from only 1 perspective, kinda limits your understanding of the whole.
:thup: Exactly why I think all should study religions in school.

Yeah......but have Religions as an elective, that points where all of them are similar rather than pointing out all the differences.

Me personally? I think that having only 1 perspective on a thing makes you limited in your understanding of it.

Which is why I also beleive that in addition to your own faith, you should understand something of at least 2 others.

I mean...........how can you understand what God has laid out for us if we only have 1 perspective on it? Besides, that kind of thinking leads to more and more repression and trying to "out purify" each other, which makes society even more restrictive.

Need an example? Look to the Puritans. Or........if you want a current example, look to the GOP.
I really don't think it should be an elective (in the social studies curriculum, definitely, though). The vast majority of persons on the face of the planet practice some sort of major religion, and even if they don't currently practice it, their beliefs are strongly formed by their religion.

Having a knowledge of where others' views originate leads to a personal understanding of them.

That is my main motivation for requiring knowledge of the religions. If it helps them better understand their god, and if they believe; then that is also a good reason.

The superiority of most Christians is that their belief in Yeshua (Jesus to the Christians) is what they think makes them forgiven.

Unfortunately, most of them don't get the concept of forgiveness. If you get caught doing something stupid, you admit you did it, fix and clean up the mess you made, and most important............

YOU DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Because of the belief of Christians thinking that Yeshua and God forgives them, they automatically judge what others are doing on their limited understanding of God.

My personal belief? In order to understand more about God, you need to understand more than just one faith, because looking at something from only 1 perspective, kinda limits your understanding of the whole.

I agree. And I think understanding more than one religion and also more than one sect in a religion is a good thing. The more you understand what others believe, the more you can understand and love them.

:thup: Exactly why I think all should study religions in school.

Yeah......but have Religions as an elective, that points where all of them are similar rather than pointing out all the differences.

Me personally? I think that having only 1 perspective on a thing makes you limited in your understanding of it.

Which is why I also beleive that in addition to your own faith, you should understand something of at least 2 others.

I mean...........how can you understand what God has laid out for us if we only have 1 perspective on it? Besides, that kind of thinking leads to more and more repression and trying to "out purify" each other, which makes society even more restrictive.

Need an example? Look to the Puritans. Or........if you want a current example, look to the GOP.
I really don't think it should be an elective (in the social studies curriculum, definitely, though). The vast majority of persons on the face of the planet practice some sort of major religion, and even if they don't currently practice it, their beliefs are strongly formed by their religion.

Having a knowledge of where others' views originate leads to a personal understanding of them.

That is my main motivation for requiring knowledge of the religions. If it helps them better understand their god, and if they believe; then that is also a good reason.

Sorry, but if you don't make it an elective (remember, you're teaching about ALL religions), you're gonna have some of them holy roller types protesting you teaching their child about God, even if it is just a course in religion.

Sorry, but if you don't make it an elective (remember, you're teaching about ALL religions), you're gonna have some of them holy roller types protesting you teaching their child about God, even if it is just a course in religion.
You have a point. I can see someone claiming to have some oddball religion called the House of Hale-Bopp, for example, making a stink. But, as there are likely hundreds of thousands of religions, keep it to the main ones in the world - the three Abrahamics, Hindu, Buddism, etc. and offer up at the beginning and on the syllabus, a week for the class to cover one or two of their (more likely their parents') choice.

Just an idea.

You know.........I've never had a Buddhist tell me that I'm going to hell for not believing in Buddha.

I've had MANY "Christians" who have been eager to consign me to a life of being dammed and eventually put into hell forever if I don't accept Christ as my savior.

And, I've never had an atheist tell me about the big nothing at the end.

You know......Buddha could've cared less if you went to heaven or hell, why would most of his followers?
(not all don't possibly care, just sayin)

Those "Christians" who are telling you about hell are a way better friend to you than you could ever possibly imagine. Yes I realize you probably don't believe me, but one day you'll know. Please allow me to try to share more...

Though you think it is a message of hate (about hell), quite the opposite is true. Though yes, there is a gentler way to witness the Gospel, just by sharing what Jesus Christ said and His love, His truth, or just by caregiving, serving, being there, etc. Though some do preach to unbelievers about hell, but for some that is needed. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. This is a reverant fear and respect and being humbled by God, not the type of fear that doesn't trust or believe in Him.

I'm not sure if you are Atheist or Jewish, or neither, or what, but you do understand that many Christians believe the Bible entirely about hell so that is why they share it with you, right? It's not like they are out to "get you". They really believe the Gospel, that you will go to hell if you do not know (trust and believe in) Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Please try to remember that even though it doesn't feel like it, most of these "Christians" may be forgetting all about "self" and rather thinking entirely about YOU. Because many Christians witness most of the time knowing that when they witness to you about Jesus Christ, which includes heaven and hell, that you may reject them, make fun of them, falsely accuse them, or falsely think they think they are holier than thou, when they don't. There's also usualy an underlying conviction there that most unbelievers feel, but it's not from the person witnessing, any good conviction is from God Himself - pulling, tugging, knocking on your door. The person witnessing is not trying to condemn you usually (or hopefully not, but could be false teachers or wolves), nor can they condemn you, as the opposite is true. There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. None of us are "better" than one another, none of us are "holier than thou." We're all in the same boat. Hence, we need or Lord, who made us, who guides us, who loves us and teaches us how to love.

The Gospel shows we are all sinners, and that through Jesus Christ alone we are saved. Through Christ alone are we made "righteous". That our "works" are as filthly rags. We cannot claim our "own righteousness" - that is what the Pharisees did.

That is the whole reason many (or most hopefully) are trying to witness the truth of Christ to you, out of love, care, compassion. Yes sadly there are some who preach for vain reasons, or they may preach the Gospel in contention, but even so, as the Bible says, it is good that the Gospel is still preached.

As for atheists, I've met all kinds. Some who speak out against Christians and falsely accuse them and demand there is no God, or can't wait to point out a sin (when they need to get the plank out of their own eye), and some who just are atheists, and don't get involved and whom are very kind to Christians.

Over all, a person either receives the Gospel, or they don't during their lifetime. And no "man" can make another "man" believe, but can only witness. The Revelation of Jesus Christ comes from God Himself to each soul but He calls us to share and witness about Him.

And The Lord knows our hearts and when we are humble enough to receive Him, instead of kicking against Him.

BTW, NONE OF US GO TO HEAVEN BY BEING "GOOD". Because all of us fall short of being good. If we could get to heaven by being good or following the law alone, there would be no need for a Savior, would there? Or rather, how could any of us get to heaven by following the law, we've all broken it. Do you know one person who hasn't broken at least one of the 10 Commandments? We ALL have.

Jesus put it quite simply when He said:

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Links:
Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

How can I not go to hell?

What is the Romans Road to salvation?

Last edited:
Better education
There is a difference between intelligence and knowledge, but obviously that not-so-subtle difference eludes you.
Intelligence is not clearly defined so it is very difficult to measure.

True, but we do measure it and the manner in which we do delineates knowledge from inherent intelligence. Granted, it may not measure all forms of intelligence, though.

.... That being said, without knowledge no one would score well on an IQ test.
Somewhat true. Without the knowledge that an average adolescent has, standardized IQ tests would be difficult to take.

You know.........I've never had a Buddhist tell me that I'm going to hell for not believing in Buddha.

I've had MANY "Christians" who have been eager to consign me to a life of being dammed and eventually put into hell forever if I don't accept Christ as my savior.

And, I've never had an atheist tell me about the big nothing at the end.

You know......Buddha could've cared less if you went to heaven or hell, why would most of his followers?
(not all don't possibly care, just sayin)

Those "Christians" who are telling you about hell are a way better friend to you than you could ever possibly imagine. Yes I realize you probably don't believe me, but one day you'll know. Please allow me to try to share more...

Though you think it is a message of hate (about hell), quite the opposite is true. Though yes, there is a gentler way to witness the Gospel, just by sharing what Jesus Christ said and His love, His truth, or just by caregiving, serving, being there, etc. Though some do preach to unbelievers about hell, but for some that is needed. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. This is a reverant fear and respect and being humbled by God, not the type of fear that doesn't trust or believe in Him.

I'm not sure if you are Atheist or Jewish, or neither, or what, but you do understand that many Christians believe the Bible entirely about hell so that is why they share it with you, right? It's not like they are out to "get you". They really believe the Gospel, that you will go to hell if you do not know (trust and believe in) Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Please try to remember that even though it doesn't feel like it, most of these "Christians" may be forgetting all about "self" and rather thinking entirely about YOU. Because many Christians witness most of the time knowing that when they witness to you about Jesus Christ, which includes heaven and hell, that you may reject them, make fun of them, falsely accuse them, or falsely think they think they are holier than thou, when they don't. There's also usualy an underlying conviction there that most unbelievers feel, but it's not from the person witnessing, any good conviction is from God Himself - pulling, tugging, knocking on your door. The person witnessing is not trying to condemn you usually (or hopefully not, but could be false teachers or wolves), nor can they condemn you, as the opposite is true. There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. None of us are "better" than one another, none of us are "holier than thou." We're all in the same boat. Hence, we need or Lord, who made us, who guides us, who loves us and teaches us how to love.

The Gospel shows we are all sinners, and that through Jesus Christ alone we are saved. Through Christ alone are we made "righteous". That our "works" are as filthly rags. We cannot claim our "own righteousness" - that is what the Pharisees did.

That is the whole reason many (or most hopefully) are trying to witness the truth of Christ to you, out of love, care, compassion. Yes sadly there are some who preach for vain reasons, or they may preach the Gospel in contention, but even so, as the Bible says, it is good that the Gospel is still preached.

As for atheists, I've met all kinds. Some who speak out against Christians and falsely accuse them and demand there is no God, or can't wait to point out a sin (when they need to get the plank out of their own eye), and some who just are atheists, and don't get involved and whom are very kind to Christians.

Over all, a person either receives the Gospel, or they don't during their lifetime. And no "man" can make another "man" believe, but can only witness. The Revelation of Jesus Christ comes from God Himself to each soul but He calls us to share and witness about Him.

And The Lord knows our hearts and when we are humble enough to receive Him, instead of kicking against Him.

BTW, NONE OF US GO TO HEAVEN BY BEING "GOOD". Because all of us fall short of being good. If we could get to heaven by being good or following the law alone, there would be no need for a Savior, would there? Or rather, how could any of us get to heaven by following the law, we've all broken it. Do you know one person who hasn't broken at least one of the 10 Commandments? We ALL have.

Jesus put it quite simply when He said:

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 3:36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Links:
Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

How can I not go to hell?

What is the Romans Road to salvation?

Yet another example of Christians beating someone up who doesn't believe as they do.

Nice job......really...........thanks for the hypocracy.

I find their obliviousness to this just a wee bit ironic.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Yo manifold: Can't the same be said of people who get blown out of proportion by their religious beliefs?

Most people seem to be of the opposite opinion:
that religion causes MORE abusive tendencies in domineering and imposing on others;
while nontheistic types, including Buddhists or secular humanists,
tend to be more peaceful, less coercive or even against indoctrination,
and take relativistic approaches more open to inclusion of others.

In fact, I believe taking passivity to such an extreme as to not be proactive enough,
incites the other extremes to be even more proactive to compensate for that.

Whatever extremes people are coming from, I believe the process
leads to meeting in the middle, and learning to average out or check and
balance each other, to find a harmonious balance instead of going to extremes either way.

People learn by experience, by interacting with others unlike themselves,
so that is why you see all these types coming out on the internet.

It is really better in the long run that we deal with things openly, where there is a chance to share and influence news ideas for personal and global change.

So people imposing their views may be just where they are starting out,
it doesn't mean they won't end up some place else by the end of their journey in life.

My take on this is there are those who are atheists who obviously think they are superior to those who have faith (I especially love it when they try the logic argument to show their superiority - it's a silly argument, but apparently it makes them feel better). They are condescending to those with faith and they know what is better for those with faith - stop believing.

Not all atheists do this, but some.

There are those who have faith who obviously think they are better than others because they have that faith. They are condescending to those who do not have faith, and even to those who do not have their faith. They think they know what is better for those without their faith - believe as they do.

Not all believers do this, but some.

My conclusion: We can find condescending and pompous assholes in most population samples.

Yet another example of Christians beating someone up who doesn't believe as they do.

I missed the beating. I saw someone expressing sincere concern for your well-being and wanting to help you. Now, that concern may be unwarranted, and the help unwanted, but that's not a beating.

I think that there are gracious ways to decline these kinds of offers. At least, I've found so. And, if you can't be gracious, you can be funny.

I usually say, "Thanks, but I was born okay the first time."

I missed the beating. I saw someone expressing sincere concern for your well-being and wanting to help you. Now, that concern may be unwarranted, and the help unwanted, but that's not a beating.

I think that there are gracious ways to decline these kinds of offers. At least, I've found so. And, if you can't be gracious, you can be funny.

I usually say, "Thanks, but I was born okay the first time."

You know........telling someone that they HAVE to believe in Yeshua is really lame. Why? Because are those good Christians gonna consign everyone else to hell if they're Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu or Jewish? Remember.........Yeshua was Jewish, and He didn't come for those of the Jewish faith, He came for everyone else who WASN'T Jewish.

The moral superiority of many Christians is simply amazing.

Forum List

Back