The superiority complex of the faithless is their Achilles heel

Technically they can't play the holier than thou card, but some of them do play the "smarter than you, mouthbreather" card.

Are they smarter than you, mouthbreather?

Actually I have to mouth breathe from time to time. Allergies.

And they may THINK they are smarter. Smart is a matter of perspective.

And note by my use of quotes, I wasnt calling YOU a mouthbreather. Context, people, Context.

And note by my use of quotes, I wasnt calling YOU a mouthbreather. Context, people, Context.

Three things:

First, oak pollen is kicking my ass, i'm mouthbreathing today as well.

Second, smart is a matter of perspective. As I tell my genius-level boyfriend all the time, we're all smart in different ways, about different things.

And lastly, I's just playing. I really couldn't resist. It was a lovely set-up.

Three things:

Second, smart is a matter of perspective. As I tell my genius-level boyfriend all the time, we're all smart in different ways, about different things.

An accidental set up, but I agree, it was a 65 mph hanging curveball right over the plate.

Three things:

I think I need full disclosure, do you give him the genius level because he's dating you?

Maybe the OP is onto something about us :razz:.

I think I need full disclosure, do you give him the genius level because he's dating you?

Maybe the OP is onto something about us :razz:.

Nah. He got an engineering degree from the Naval Academy. To be exact, I'm dating a rocket scientist (weapons engineer). :lol:

An accidental set up, but I agree, it was a 65 mph hanging curveball right over the plate.

If someone plays shave & a haircut, it's hell not to chime in with "two bits."

You know.........I've never had a Buddhist tell me that I'm going to hell for not believing in Buddha.

I've had MANY "Christians" who have been eager to consign me to a life of being dammed and eventually put into hell forever if I don't accept Christ as my savior.

And, I've never had an atheist tell me about the big nothing at the end.

Google atheism+IQ

So you can't say atheists are all smarter than all believers, but on average they have a higher IQ.

I think this is more about arrogance then intelligence.

IQ and being a dick are not directly correlated. If that were the case Steven Hawking would be launching kittens from a slingshot attached to his wheelchair.

People of religious belief think more often then not simply having that belief entitles them to heaven and people who don't share that belief are condemned to hell. That's a level of arrogance no atheist will ever be able to fulfill.

It's never atheists playing the holier than thou card.
It would be funny if an atheist thought they were holy, let alone holier than another.

But, what is just as funny is an atheist who thinks that arguing with a believer about their belief being illogical. There is little logical about most beliefs because, by definition, a belief is an idea not based on facts.

So, it's an idiotic argument some atheists try with believers, and that makes me laugh.

Google atheism+IQ

So you can't say atheists are all smarter than all believers, but on average they have a higher IQ.

Exo 23:8 And you shall take no bribe, for the bribe blinds the wise and perverts the words of the righteous.

Job 5:13 He takes the wise in their own craftiness; and the counsel of the wily is carried headlong.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the understanding of the perceiving ones."

This is so true for the evolutionist and the anti God crowd.

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God; for it is written, "He takes the wise in their own craftiness."

1Co 3:20 And again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain."

Last but not least.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus made answer and said, I give praise to you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have kept these things secret from the wise and the men of learning, and have made them clear to little children.

I think this is more about arrogance then intelligence.

IQ and being a dick are not directly correlated. If that were the case Steven Hawking would be launching kittens from a slingshot attached to his wheelchair.

People of religious belief think more often then not simply having that belief entitles them to heaven and people who don't share that belief are condemned to hell. That's a level of arrogance no atheist will ever be able to fulfill.

It would be funny if an atheist thought they were holy, let alone holier than another.

But, what is just as funny is an atheist who thinks that arguing with a believer about their belief being illogical. There is little logical about most beliefs because, by definition, a belief is an idea not based on facts.

So, it's an idiotic argument some atheists try with believers, and that makes me laugh.

Exactly, beliefs aren't based on facts.

So hopefully one of these decades religious people will stop demanding their beliefs are taught as facts in science classes.

Exactly, beliefs aren't based on facts.

So hopefully one of these decades religious people will stop demanding their beliefs are taught as facts in science classes.
Meh, not all of the religious persons want that. I am not opposed to religion being taught in schools, though - all of them (well, the mainstream ones); but, teach them in social studies.

I agree, keep it out of science.

Three things:

Oak pollen? Where do you live? In Georgia the oak pollen is gone in April.

I have faith in all kinds of things.

I have faith in my wife and in myself.

I have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow.

Just because one doesn't believe in the magic man in the sky does not mean one is devoid of faith.

The superiority of most Christians is that their belief in Yeshua (Jesus to the Christians) is what they think makes them forgiven.

Unfortunately, most of them don't get the concept of forgiveness. If you get caught doing something stupid, you admit you did it, fix and clean up the mess you made, and most important............

YOU DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Because of the belief of Christians thinking that Yeshua and God forgives them, they automatically judge what others are doing on their limited understanding of God.

My personal belief? In order to understand more about God, you need to understand more than just one faith, because looking at something from only 1 perspective, kinda limits your understanding of the whole.

The superiority of most Christians is that their belief in Yeshua (Jesus to the Christians) is what they think makes them forgiven.

Unfortunately, most of them don't get the concept of forgiveness. If you get caught doing something stupid, you admit you did it, fix and clean up the mess you made, and most important............

Because of the belief of Christians thinking that Yeshua and God forgives them, they automatically judge what others are doing on their limited understanding of God.

My personal belief? In order to understand more about God, you need to understand more than just one faith, because looking at something from only 1 perspective, kinda limits your understanding of the whole.
:thup: Exactly why I think all should study religions in school.

:thup: Exactly why I think all should study religions in school.

Yeah......but have Religions as an elective, that points where all of them are similar rather than pointing out all the differences.

Me personally? I think that having only 1 perspective on a thing makes you limited in your understanding of it.

Which is why I also beleive that in addition to your own faith, you should understand something of at least 2 others.

I mean...........how can you understand what God has laid out for us if we only have 1 perspective on it? Besides, that kind of thinking leads to more and more repression and trying to "out purify" each other, which makes society even more restrictive.

Need an example? Look to the Puritans. Or........if you want a current example, look to the GOP.

Forum List

Back