The super congress. What do you all think.

If the committee was just advisory and anything agreed to was put to the chambers then it would be constitutional. However the triggers and other powers they are delegating to the committee circumvent the essence of the Constitution and therefore makes those things unconstitutional. I suspect there will be legal action taken challenging the constitutionality of those powers, derived or otherwise delegated.

The whole Congress still has to vote, however. Since the triggers would be in the legislation, I see no unconstitutionality. I doubt this the first time legislation would contain wording that indicated something would happen, if something else happened.

This congress can set the rules for this congress, not beyond that.

HUH?!?! You're kidding, right? What are laws, but rules in legal format?

The whole Congress still has to vote, however. Since the triggers would be in the legislation, I see no unconstitutionality. I doubt this the first time legislation would contain wording that indicated something would happen, if something else happened.

This congress can set the rules for this congress, not beyond that.

HUH?!?! You're kidding, right? What are laws, but rules in legal format?

The rules are the law that just passed. It does not bind any future congress. All that needs to be done is challenged in court. It will be overturned just like the line item veto.

Stuper Congress would be a much more fitting title. These people have absolutely zero respect for the office that they hold, nor the people that sent them there. They couldn't come to an agreement in regular session congress so now we are supposed to believe that a smaller group of the same special interest serving liars are going to make some kind of logical decision.

The bottom line is that for 85-90% of our elected officials, if their decision does not help them directly in some manner, they don't agree to it. They have forgotten that they are there to do the will of the people that sent them there.They have thrown aside any sense of responsible thought or action and have left we the citizen responsible for their irresponsibility.

The only thing we will see come from this super committe is more taxation and more cuts to programs that provide for our security just to keep funding for programs that are giving away our country.

On the one hand, conference committees in Congress are neither a Nazi tactic nor unusual.

Like the BRAC (Base Relocation and Closing) committees in the 1990s, "Super Congress" may be a reasonable means to an end: fiscal and political sanity.

Since ideology means more to folks than results and the American tried and true political compromise (without it we would not have the constitution itself), a conference committee makes sense, for once.

On the other hand, distilling the targets for lobbyists to only six makes for some spooky scenarios.

The republicans proposed the Super Congress because they'll band together like they have been since 01/09. Republicans know they can get just one democrat for the simple majority and hence they'll get their way. What an ingenious move on the part of the Republicans to curtail the power of the Democrats holding the presidency and the senate and to break the political impasse. And when the Republicans get their way and people get angry at the loss of government aid the Republicans will exclaim "The Democrats had the presidency and the senate!!! Blame the Democrats!"

I am betting the corporate shill Max Baucus will vote with the Republicans.

Yeah....right, that's it. :cuckoo:

Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so.
Let me know when you are part of a serious conversation on real issues. All I saw was a wingnut drivel. With a post like that....I thought it was a big joke. :cuckoo:

While Obama is in office nothing surprises me.. He turned our Military over to the UN right?
All the while the Dems and Reps did and said nothing worth talking about... They all suck.
Vote the pricks out, all of them. Vote for the guy with little money behind him in 2012!

Blues

I think its wrong . All the voted members in congress should be there for the debate not just a selected few. ‪Is Super Congress Constitutional?‬‏ - YouTube

Super-Congress = Super Unconstitutional

Created without public support or opinion. Just another step for them to bypass the U.S.Constitution and it's principles. Now if they do not get the two thirds votes from the house or senate they can use this to bypass them both. The Government does not have any right under the Constitution to do anything without the majority support of the American public. :evil:

Forum List

Back