The Sun is weaker than it's been in 80 years

that's fricking brilliant --and the Hubble ? We just blew a bunch on it ya know ! More than a million I'm pretty sure

we'll take that, but leave that cheapass ruskie space station behind.

It means new constellations and therefore new zodiac signs !! This maybe more of a change than I can handle.

well, it's not like we're leaving tomorrow. i figure september. that way i'll miss the winter.

as for new constellations, the dilloduck nebula has a nice ring to it don't you think?

I just sat in on a symposium recently where one of the two guest speakers went a bit off topic and starated giving dire warnings that the earth is deficient in CO2 and that with what he called a "very marked decrease in solar activity" we are in for some abnormally cold years ahead that will be of great harm to mankind - lower crop production, increased wars, etc. He seemed particularly concerned with portions the Asian continent. He was really doomin and gloomin big time, but I got a kick out of the other 40 or so people attending who were looking around with these confused expressions. Their whole collective global warming mind-think was MESSED UP!! Finally someone asked the question that all of them were scratching their heads over - "Are you saying the earth needs more CO2, not less?" The speaker, clearly agitated, shot back with, "Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. This earth was meant to be producing more CO2 than current levels as that is what will be of most benefit to plant life. If the earth's plant life is not healthy, flourishing, all life on the planet will cease. Earth needs more CO2, not less. Anyone in the science community who does not admit that, is simply lying or ignorant of the most basic and fundamental understandings of carbon based life."

I do believe I was smiling ear to ear. How refreshing to see an academic not only get it - but have the balls to come right out and say it to a room full of global warming lovers. After he concluded with that responding statement, almost everyone in the room looked like he had just defecated in their cheerios.

Classic!

Names, dates, who said what. Othewise, this is just more fabrication on your part.

WWU - last month. One of many goodbye celebrations for a former fearless leader.

The gentleman was a highly regarded chemist invited in from another university.

Don't ask me to get too specific - this is the Internet by the way.

Look pard - I have lived and breathed academia for much of my adult life. I know its politics, and its inherent bias.

Global Warming is a scam - and far more in the system are coming out and admitting it now than ever.

CO2's impact on warming is minimal - but its impact on the health of our ecosystem is enormous - and the earth should be producing MORE not less CO2.

If that rocks your world, so be it - that world's own sun is setting fast regardless.

Time for a new age friend - the age of common sense.

Forum List

Back