The SUN is down already...

Humidity is indeed dreadful. The only relief here is that we generally have a dry heat, but it can get humid when we get hot air from tropical Australia.

But still, this is the hottest November (spring) on record. 5 days over 35c. Spring. Riiiiight.

Man it's depressing tho'...the heat is a killer. Not so much humidity here, as my hometown tho'...

well, they're always saying it's not the heat, it's the humidity...

not that I agree with that.

I hate that kind of heat.... can't find the energy to do anything.

But it is supposed to be about 2 centigrade here by next Friday...

The humidity is oppressive here in Ohio, I get tired easier too when it's 90 or above. I'd still rather live here by Lake Erie than in a warm and dry climate like Arizona or Nevada.

I also love Fall and Winter months. It's energizing really to go out into cool and crisp air.

Man it's depressing tho'...the heat is a killer. Not so much humidity here, as my hometown tho'...

The humidity is oppressive here in Ohio, I get tired easier too when it's 90 or above. I'd still rather live here by Lake Erie than in a warm and dry climate like Arizona or Nevada.

I also love Fall and Winter months. It's energizing really to go out into cool and crisp air.

I feel like I'm being waterboarded (with hot water) when I read that :redface:

I feel like I'm being waterboarded (with hot water) when I read that :redface:

It's very green here and not terrible if you find a shady place to be when you're outdoors. You adapt. It is pretty to look at.

I went to Vegas during the summer once and it was truly like walking around in a blast furnace. Everything was beige looking to me. :)

Az. and Nev. have a similar climate to my state here in Aus. Yep, been to Vegas in summer (August) bluddy hot. But then my city's sister city (Austin, Tx) is bluddy hot too, I spent a few summer weeks there and damn it was hot!

how depressing! I really don't like this time of year.

Granted, we get the earliest, the first sunrise in the usa if i could only take the glass half full attitude....

but i'm suffering from light deprivation....and our days haven't even hit their shortest point yet.:(

discuss!

Winter Solstice = December 21st, 5:47 PM, Universal Time.

I hate these short days too. I'm a day time person. I always like to get that shortest day of the year shit behind me so I can look forward to days getting longer.

Last edited:

Granted, we get the earliest, the first sunrise in the usa if i could only take the glass half full attitude....

but i'm suffering from light deprivation....and our days haven't even hit their shortest point yet.:(

discuss!

I hate these short days to. I'm a day time person. I always like to get that shortest day of the year shit behind me so I can look forward to days getting longer.

ME TOO! And once December 21st comes, from there on out, I honestly feel better...even though it is still dark as heck, there is HOPE! :lol:

Plus, that almost minute a day of extra sunshine adds up, and before ya know it, 30 more minutes of sunshine....

My FAVORITE TIME is heading up to the spring Solstice where here the sun rises at 4:30 AM...!!!

I'm heading to Florida on Tuesday to visit my parents again for 3 weeks, so that should help with the light deprivation!

Care

discuss!

I hate these short days to. I'm a day time person. I always like to get that shortest day of the year shit behind me so I can look forward to days getting longer.

ME TOO! And once December 21st comes, from there on out, I honestly feel better...even though it is still dark as heck, there is HOPE! :lol:

Plus, that almost minute a day of extra sunshine adds up, and before ya know it, 30 more minutes of sunshine....

My FAVORITE TIME is heading up to the spring Solstice where here the sun rises at 4:30 AM...!!!

I'm heading to Florida on Tuesday to visit my parents again for 3 weeks, so that should help with the light deprivation!

Care

Florida... man I hear that. I can't make it down there this winter, too many irons in the fire. But I WILL be down there next winter for Jan, Feb, and more than likely Mar. I've wanted to head back down that way ever since I left in '87. I do like the beach and the balmy, tropical temps. I'm looking forward to kicking back on the beach with a Pina Colada, getting a tan, and watching the gir... er... SCENERY pass by... :D

it's funny, that when i lived in Florida, the hubby and I never went to the beach in jan feb march, because WE THOUGHT it was TOO cold that time of the year! :lol::lol:

Our summers here, NEVER get as warm as Florida, in the winter!!!! Yet up here we still go to the Beach! (with a windbreaker in the beach bag in case it becomes too cold) But NEVER, EVER would i be able to swim in the cold ocean up here!!!

Is it spring yet?

I hate the fact that it gets so dark so early now. Blah! And I hate the cold of winter.
Give me a beautiful snowfall and let me take some photos, then I would like to see the buds on the trees.

discuss!

I hate it when it gets dark at 5pm . . . but I also hate it when it gets dark at 9:30pm. Either too early or too late. It should always get dark at 7pm, that would be fine by me.

Do you have screens in your windows? We take them out every fall and it's amazing how much more light there is in the house. Most folks around here leave them in all year . . . I find it makes it seem rather gloomy in the house, even if the sun is out.

it's funny, that when i lived in Florida, the hubby and I never went to the beach in jan feb march, because WE THOUGHT it was TOO cold that time of the year! :lol::lol:

Our summers here, NEVER get as warm as Florida, in the winter!!!! Yet up here we still go to the Beach! (with a windbreaker in the beach bag in case it becomes too cold) But NEVER, EVER would i be able to swim in the cold ocean up here!!!

I recall partying all night at a New Years Eve party in Tampa, and instead of passing out like I should have, I stayed up all night and went to the beach the next day, in cut offs, no shirt, no shoes, beach attire, and drank some more beer. Gee... sure was fun to be young and tough. If I tried that now I'd be sick for three days... :doubt:

Yeah the gulf water is like bath water. But I wasn't really much of a "swimmer," I just liked the beach. The sand, the sun, the Pelicans, the Gulls, the ships, fishing, etc, etc,... the beach was a fun place to hang out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back