The Summerize Obama's Speech Contest!!!!

Confusing, Blame Booosh,Campaign Trail, Pathetic.

I know, it's comical at this point over two years into his Presidency when he's still blaming Bush for everything.

Obama's become a caricature of a parody of a satire of himself.

And the Left still goes on about how intelligent he is every time he recites generic liberal talking points and blames the rich, corporations and George Bush for everything. His autobiography will be, "It wasn't me, it was George W Bush..." That people don't work hard enough, make good decisions or own their own problems is just inconceivable. That's intelligence. Sure it it.

I think you should double check that. :eek:
Though in recent writing it's been shortenned to "I'd", the proper contraction is "I'ld". If someone is going to complain about grammar on a message board they could at least complain with proper grammar.

When was it spelled "I'ld?" I'd like to know because I am not a spring chicken, and I'hve never seen it spelled that way. LOL!

I think you should double check that. :eek:
Though in recent writing it's been shortenned to "I'd", the proper contraction is "I'ld". If someone is going to complain about grammar on a message board they could at least complain with proper grammar.

Proper is I'd. Look it up. Proper is not "I'ld." "I'ld" is a typo.

More like an ignorant misspelling.

You are wrong. I'd only got in the mix since word processors. The proper contraction is and always has been "I'ld". I'd is "I had", as in I'd better go", I would is I'ld, as in "I'ld have gone". At any rate as a contraction it's more of a colloquialism than acceptable written English. Properly it should be avoided, so if you're going to complain about grammar... don't use it.

Are you Obama's spin doctor?

You are wrong. I'd only got in the mix since word processors. The proper contraction is and always has been "I'ld". I'd is "I had", as in I'd better go", I would is I'ld, as in "I'ld have gone". At any rate as a contraction it's more of a colloquialism than acceptable written English. Properly it should be avoided, so if you're going to complain about grammar... don't use it.

False, I'd is a doubly used contraction keyed by its context. I'ld is no longer proper and is no longer accepted. Go to school, check it out.

When WAS it proper???

I'd prefer grammar nazi's kiss my ass.

Then you need to go find a grammar nazi. I didn't criticize your grammar, I criticized your inability to spell. But hey, that's just me.

BTW dumbass, it's "I'ld"

I have no idea where you learned the basic of the English language, but you should demand a refund - and fast.
Basics... dumbass.

And, I'll put my 4.0 in grammar and English composition from a good catholic University up against your high school English teacher anytime.

The point is, it's a fucking message board, not an English class, so take your arrogant stupid shit and stick it in your wide ass.

But isn't the point of English class to be able to spell correctly in places like a message board?

Now we're just making shit up....

First known use of "I'd"? Circa 1592. Can you define "Recent" for us, B'en?
Look, I don't care how much you want to make the thread about me, it's not, it's about Obama's speech. Try to stay on topic. Also dumbass, no reason to capitalize "recent". If you're going to attempt to complain about the thread by complaining about grammar, at least get your complaints right.

Did you write Obama's speech about the 57 states and the "corpse?"

False, I'd is a doubly used contraction keyed by its context. I'ld is no longer proper and is no longer accepted. Go to school, check it out.

Neither is actually proper.

Then why are they taught in English classes?

The rule is to avoid using them at all.

What rule is that?

It's been a while, but if they changed the rule it's one I didn't know about. My education, which was quite good, taught I'd: I had. I'ld: I would.

What was the name of that school; I don't want to send any children to it.

Enough of it. I still hate grammar nazi's

"Nazis" is capitalized.

on message boards.

Do you like them in other locations?

Summary:

the speech was excellent, even if the policy is wrong. Anyone who supports the policy but is still bashing the speech has ODS.

I don't support the policy, but the president's explanation and defense of it was superb. No, it didn't change my mind.

It's even more depressing when bad ideas can be eloquently and convincingly promoted and defended.
You think a speach where you claim America refusing to lead would be a betrayal of who we are followed by we give up leadership on wednesday is an "excellent" speech?:cuckoo:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.....

What a gem!

Again, what is the name of that fine Catholic school you attended? "speach" indeed!

Grow some fucking skin. Each of the summarized versions I've given is an accurate assessment of what he said.

I didn't hear him mention the lawlessness of the action... did you? I also didn't hear him address who the rebels are,... did you? I did hear him flat out lie and say we weren't supporting them, and in the next sentence talk about blowing up tanks and artillery, which to my knowledge... don't fucking fly.

I know, I know, it's so hard for him. I suppose you miss the irony of complaining about how hard it is for him while you falsely claim he addressed everything because he's trying so hard. The man is the dumbest POS to ever occupy the WH. Even when he does the right thing, he does it for the wrong fucking reason. Do you actually buy the idea of "humanitarian" bombs? What do they do explode and heal everybody? The idea behind humanitarian aid is to NOT KILL anybody if you can avoid it.

Do you support the action itself? Did you support the invasion and 'liberation' of Iraq?
I do think its the right thing to do (not for any BS humanitarian crap though), and I'll support it when it becomes lawful to do.

Yes I did support Iraq... still do. I like victory!!!

What does that have to do with the BS speech that contradicted itself from one sentence to the next and didn't cover ANY of the questions people are asking? Further, many of his "justifications" were severe exagerations (sic, "exaggerations") of the facts or just flat out lies. The only thing he did was regurgitate the same crap we've been being told for days by the talking heads.

The name of that school again?

When faced with a big blob of propaganda, it's always useful to reduce it to the basic essence of WORDS.

libya_speech.jpg

Obama mentioned PEOPLE 39 times and WAR once.

Charlie Foxtrot: Obama's Libya Speech - Word Cloud
So basically you can boil it down to

"OH!!!!!, The chi'ren"

("Chirren").

Forum List

Back