The Summerize Obama's Speech Contest!!!!

I'd prefer we have a "check my spelling" contest instead.
I'd prefer grammar nazi's kiss my ass.

Then you need to go find a grammar nazi. I didn't criticize your grammar, I criticized your inability to spell. But hey, that's just me.

BTW dumbass, it's "I'ld"

I have no idea where you learned the basic of the English language, but you should demand a refund - and fast.

Though in recent writing it's been shortenned to "I'd", the proper contraction is "I'ld". If someone is going to complain about grammar on a message board they could at least complain with proper grammar.

Now we're just making shit up....

First known use of "I'd"? Circa 1592. Can you define "Recent" for us, B'en?

Then you need to go find a grammar nazi. I didn't criticize your grammar, I criticized your inability to spell. But hey, that's just me.

BTW dumbass, it's "I'ld"

I have no idea where you learned the basic of the English language, but you should demand a refund - and fast.

He thinks it's 1806.

"Haters are saying the goals aren't clear; so, here are the goals: "

"Haters are saying I didn't act quickly enough. Here's the historical precedent for how quickly America has acted: "

"Haters are saying that we aren't a world leader, we ARE a world leader"

"Haters are saying we can't afford another occupation, we'll be handing over most of the mission in the coming days"

"Hi Haters"

/summary.

I think you should double check that. :eek:
Though in recent writing it's been shortenned to "I'd", the proper contraction is "I'ld". If someone is going to complain about grammar on a message board they could at least complain with proper grammar.

Proper is I'd. Look it up. Proper is not "I'ld." "I'ld" is a typo.
You are wrong. I'd only got in the mix since word processors. The proper contraction is and always has been "I'ld". I'd is "I had", as in I'd better go", I would is I'ld, as in "I'ld have gone". At any rate as a contraction it's more of a colloquialism than acceptable written English. Properly it should be avoided, so if you're going to complain about grammar... don't use it.

You are wrong. I'd only got in the mix since word processors. The proper contraction is and always has been "I'ld". I'd is "I had", as in I'd better go", I would is I'ld, as in "I'ld have gone". At any rate as a contraction it's more of a colloquialism than acceptable written English. Properly it should be avoided, so if you're going to complain about grammar... don't use it.

False, I'd is a doubly used contraction keyed by its context. I'ld is no longer proper and is no longer accepted. Go to school, check it out.

BTW dumbass, it's "I'ld"

Basics... dumbass.

And, I'll put my 4.0 in grammar and English composition from a good catholic University up against your high school English teacher anytime.

The point is, it's a fucking message board, not an English class, so take your arrogant stupid shit and stick it in your wide ass.

You are wrong. I'd only got in the mix since word processors.

Who knew we had word processors in 1592?

BTW dumbass, it's "I'ld"

Basics... dumbass.

And, I'll put my 4.0 in grammar and English composition from a good catholic University up against your high school English teacher anytime.

Ooo!!!! B'en got a 4.0 in Grammar - in College. WTF kind of college teaches grammar, and what kind of remedial student has to to take it?

The point is, it's a fucking message board, not an English class, so take your arrogant stupid shit and stick it in your wide ass.

You sound awfully angry this morning, B'en. You turned it into a grammar class. Remember? I'd reconsider.

Look, I don't care how much you want to make the thread about me, it's not, it's about Obama's speech. Try to stay on topic. Also dumbass, no reason to capitalize "recent". If you're going to attempt to complain about the thread by complaining about grammar, at least get your complaints right.

so to "summerize", B'en got his grammar education at a catholic college in his thirteenth to sixteenth year of formal education.

:lol: He was a l'il (proper contraction??!?! :eek: ) late to the grammar party.

Look, I don't care how much you want to make the thread about me, it's not, it's about Obama's speech. Try to stay on topic.

Who brought up the proper use of a contraction again? Was that me? Perhaps you should keep your own posts on topic.

False, I'd is a doubly used contraction keyed by its context. I'ld is no longer proper and is no longer accepted. Go to school, check it out.
Neither is actually proper. The rule is to avoid using them at all. It's been a while, but if they changed the rule it's one I didn't know about. My education, which was quite good, taught I'd: I had. I'ld: I would.

Enough of it. I still hate grammar nazi's on message boards.

Forum List

Back