The SUDDEN END of Boardwalk Empire....

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Although I thought the finale was well done, I'm wondering why season 5 quit after only 8 episodes instead of the regular 12?
unsure_zps8c28e5b2.png

Did the writers run out of ideas? Did the show runner want out to pursue other projects? Did the stars demand more money for a season 6? Was viewership down? What the hell happened?

I can think of several things they could have completed instead of just jumping ahead into Nucky's downfall. One of the most interesting characters in earlier seasons was Arnold Rothstein, the genius criminal who invented white collar crime. His end was glossed over with barely a mention. And how did Nucky's brother get away from the Capone boys with a bus ticket? That was never explained. And why would Chaulky trust that psychotic reverend to keep his word about letting his woman go.....agreeing to his own execution. Why?

Seems to me somebody pulled the plug on this show, leaving a lot of us feeling lured in and used.

I loved the show in Season 1...then f*cking Amazon Prime with their usual bullsh*t with the first season included with membership - makes the rest of the seasons $1.99 an episode. Why the hell pay $80 a year and still have to pay for content?????
Amazon Prime sucks.
So I pirated season 2, meh...just can't hold my interest.

Please NO SPOILERS! I haven't watched last night's episode yet!!!!!!!!

[...]

Seems to me somebody pulled the plug on this show, leaving a lot of us feeling lured in and used.
I agree.

I thoroughly enjoyed Boardwalk Empire but the two final episodes were disappointing. Several loose ends, such as those you mentioned, lots of wasted time.

But disappointing ends to series is not uncommon. A prime example of that were the ending episodes of Breaking Bad. That series was one episode after another of well-crafted fiction right up to the final episodes when it morphed into poorly constructed fantasy.

Another example was the way The Sopranos concluded. I won't say it ended because it really didn't.

It seems the writers have a problem shaping final episodes to conform with time constraints. It's like trying to fit thirteen eggs into a dozen carton.

One series that couldn't have ended better is Band Of Brothers.

Forum List

Back