The Stupid Party

The Repub party would be a local phenomenon were it not for their alliance w/ the Repub base (book/science haters). They are also all too aware of this ;)

Last edited:
Exactly. If we're going to pay attention to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin, then the left will quote the left as well.

Throwing away the truth because you don't like the source is a standard debate strategy in these parts.

How about this thread, - The Guardian just a big left-wing laughing stock, too?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/195182-republicans-the-party-of-ignorance.html

In Cain and Perry's gaffes, the Republicans' degradation is laid bare | Gary Younge | Comment is free | The Guardian
57 States.

Corpse-men.

Islands that can capsize.

"If we do everything right...there is still a 30% chance that we're going to get it wrong."

"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

"It's not a tax increase. It's eliminating a tax decrease that was there."

"We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."

"The southern border is more secure today than it has been in the last 20 years."

"You're not going to see the [housing] collapse that people talk about when there is a bubble."

"If we don't have an economic package, 500,000,000 Americans will lose their jobs."

Etc.

and then there are the c ows sh itters wandering in da streets.. they had to remove 200 pounds of liberal feces from c ows Santa cruz..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

why are you taking th eword of Brietbart who has been proven to LIE about the tapes he runs?

57 States.

Corpse-men.

"If we do everything right...there is still a 30% chance that we're going to get it wrong."

"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

"The southern border is more secure today than it has been in the last 20 years."

"You're not going to see the [housing] collapse that people talk about when there is a bubble."

"If we don't have an economic package, 500,000,000 Americans will lose their jobs."

Etc.

and then there are the c ows sh itters wandering in da streets.. they had to remove 200 pounds of liberal feces from c ows Santa cruz..

why are you taking th eword of Brietbart who has been proven to LIE about the tapes he runs?
You don't have to believe Breitbart.

The local paper reported it:

At least one incident on the county list wasn't noted by the Sheriff's Office: the discovery of an estimated 200 pounds of human feces near the county Veterans Memorial Building, just across the Water Street bridge from the camp.​

Last edited:
What I find 'stupid' is what some posters think is 'politics'.

The movement of the Republican Party away from intellectualism is not politics?

Are you having comprehension problems? I can see agreeing or disagreeing, but questioning whether it is politics is somewhat shallow wouldn't you agree?

57 States.

Corpse-men.

Etc.

prove he was wrong you stupid moron

You don't have to believe Breitbart.

The local paper reported it:

At least one incident on the county list wasn't noted by the Sheriff's Office: the discovery of an estimated 200 pounds of human feces near the county Veterans Memorial Building, just across the Water Street bridge from the camp.​

Much better

now read it

The county called in a hazardous materials team to clean up the mess, and installed a security fence around the building, which is closed for renovations. There is no evidence that linked the excrement to the camp.

Last edited:
The question is what has become of the Republican party? A party that once embraced the intellectualism of George Will and William F Buckley now dwell on the words of Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter. They openly mock scientists and leading economists while they take as gospel the rantings of radio talk show hosts.

Why is there no room in the Republican party for politicians who say "Yes, I agree with the 98% of scientists on climate change". Why are they afraid to enthusiastically endorse evolution ?

Why the sudden influence of the former John Birch Society element?

In fact, most American Republicans are not dumb. They have conservative values but also understand that being American means accepting other values also. These are the Republicans that win elections not the 20% who flock to conspiracy theories and fear intellectuals

Do you disagree with what was posted?

Go at it Grandpa

Democratic strategist Paul Begala and the Ashbury Park Press.............. :rolleyes:

Did the right half of your body suddenly cease working?

:lmao:

Kathleen Parker is a conservative columnist ....she just happens to agree with Begala

So? Everyone has their own opinion, in politics it's most often based on chosen, generalized perceptions, rarely objective discernment. :dunno:

Democratic strategist Paul Begala and the Ashbury Park Press.............. :rolleyes:

Did the right half of your body suddenly cease working?

:lmao:

Kathleen Parker is a conservative columnist ....she just happens to agree with Begala

So? Everyone has their own opinion, in politics it's most often based on chosen, generalized perceptions, rarely objective discernment. :dunno:

That's why we have these boards

I think that Parker represents a growing constituency in the Republican Party that is growing tired of the influence wielded by a small, vocal minority

I think that Parker represents a growing constituency in the Republican Party that is growing tired of the influence wielded by a small, vocal minority
There, now that's the rightwinger I know, not the one who (in my possibly incorrect estimation based on the OP) was making sweeping generalizations.
The reality is there are strong and weak enclaves of radical/mainstream conservatism and liberalism all over the country and the most vocal are the extreme elements on both sides. Historically it's been the extremes that drive the debates and the mainstream moderates that come up with the compromises, unfortunately it's the extremes that have managed over the last couple of decades to polarize the country and stymie the moderates on both sides.
for the moderates to be effective both sides need to regain control from their more extreme "brethren".

There, now that's the rightwinger I know, not the one who (in my possibly incorrect estimation based on the OP) was making sweeping generalizations.
The reality is there are strong and weak enclaves of radical/mainstream conservatism and liberalism all over the country and the most vocal are the extreme elements on both sides. Historically it's been the extremes that drive the debates and the mainstream moderates that come up with the compromises, unfortunately it's the extremes that have managed over the last couple of decades to polarize the country and stymie the moderates on both sides.
for the moderates to be effective both sides need to regain control from their more extreme "brethren".

If you believe the polls, can you believe there are actually Republicans out there that support raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans? There are Democrats who support stabilizing Social Security and reducing entitlements?

But their voices are not heard, only the extremes. That is why the Super Committee cannot reach an agreement on reducing debt

If you believe the polls, can you believe there are actually Republicans out there that support raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans? There are Democrats who support stabilizing Social Security and reducing entitlements?

But their voices are not heard, only the extremes. That is why the Super Committee cannot reach an agreement on reducing debt

Those are the one's that should have been put on the committee. Part of the issue is the polarization and the playing of politics. Both sides seem to think we the people will eventually "get over" our disgust with their extreme positions and things will go back to normal. They're slow learners, Americans are becoming very fed up with their playing politics with our lives and fortunes and with any luck will finally decide to get rid of the Pelosi's and Boehner's.

Those are the one's that should have been put on the committee. Part of the issue is the polarization and the playing of politics. Both sides seem to think we the people will eventually "get over" our disgust with their extreme positions and things will go back to normal. They're slow learners, Americans are becoming very fed up with their playing politics with our lives and fortunes and with any luck will finally decide to get rid of the Pelosi's and Boehner's.

Both parties have lost the ability to effectively govern the country. Governing means compromise, seeking a middle ground, give and take

The hatred is so bad now I doubt if they can do the job. Today's market again highlighted the long term prognosis

Forum List

Back