The Stunning Lack of Detail in the China Trade Offer

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The market is going up due to an offer by China to buy $1T of US goods but no one reporting this news is coming out with much in the way of details.

I am expecting a decline when the lack of detail sinks in, how about you?

Detail is not a GOP, nor Trump strong suit. :abgg2q.jpg:

Lying? That is their strong suit.

Remember all the nondetails of the North Korea talks with Kim? How's that "deal" working out?

Remember all the nondetails of the North Korea talks with Kim? How's that "deal" working out?
/----/ You think negotiations with a rogue dictator goes quickly? Seriously? BTW heard of any NK missiles being fired over Japan lately?

The market is going up due to an offer by China to buy $1T of US goods but no one reporting this news is coming out with much in the way of details.

Yep. And, if you watched what the market did yesterday, there was a huge surge when a rumor was being passed that China and the US might stop the tariff war. Market went way up, but then when it found out that it was still being discussed, it dropped back down and closed slightly up yesterday.

So is this a "lie"?

"Chinese officials made the offer during negotiations in Beijing earlier in January, Bloomberg News reported. China would increase its annual import of US goods by a combined value of over $1 trillion, the officials told Bloomberg, which was first to report on the import boost offer.
China pegged its proposal to buy more U.S. goods through 2024 to President Donald Trump's hopes of being re-elected in 2020, the sources told CNBC.

The U.S. had a trade deficit of $323 billion with China in 2018. This deal would aim to reduce that annual trade difference to $0 by 2024, one of the officials told Bloomberg..."

China offers 6-year import boost in trade talks with US: Sources

"China pegged its proposal to buy more U.S. goods through 2024 to President Donald Trump's hopes of being re-elected in 2020, the sources told CNBC."

So, you actually believe the Chinese want Trump to be re-elected? :21:

"The U.S. has tariffs placed on $250 billion worth of Chinese goods and has threatened to add more. As talks continue, Trump postponed raising a 10 percent tariff to 25 percent on $200 billion of goods, which was set to go into effect this month."

So, that sounds like Trump is backing down; what a pussy. Xi grabbed Trump by his pussy. :21:

Last edited:
"China pegged its proposal to buy more U.S. goods through 2024 to President Donald Trump's hopes of being re-elected in 2020, the sources told CNBC."

So, you actually believe the Chinese want Trump to be re-elected? :21:

Consider yourself lucky then. You'll not only have the Russians on your side in 2020, but the Chinese doing everything they can to prevent Trump from being elected.

See how that works? :laughing0301:

The key component to an agreement like this is exactly what will be the consequences WHEN China starts cheating on the agreement. If that is not clear and very punitive, it would be foolish to accept it from a State with no credibility whatsoever.

Yep. And, if you watched what the market did yesterday, there was a huge surge when a rumor was being passed that China and the US might stop the tariff war. Market went way up, but then when it found out that it was still being discussed, it dropped back down and closed slightly up yesterday.

I certainly do notice those fluctuations but I think the big problem is that China is using the Japanese model of development and appears to be entering the stagnation phase. I don't think that China can deliver on the deals they are offering. The politburo admits to four GDPs of debt and that is suspected to be very lowball.

So is this a "lie"?

"Chinese officials made the offer during negotiations in Beijing earlier in January, Bloomberg News reported. China would increase its annual import of US goods by a combined value of over $1 trillion, the officials told Bloomberg, which was first to report on the import boost offer.
China pegged its proposal to buy more U.S. goods through 2024 to President Donald Trump's hopes of being re-elected in 2020, the sources told CNBC.

The U.S. had a trade deficit of $323 billion with China in 2018. This deal would aim to reduce that annual trade difference to $0 by 2024, one of the officials told Bloomberg..."

Where are the details? Bloomberg is simply reporting what it was told but I doubt that the Chinese can deliver.

Their LFF is contracting and their skilled workers are headed to Aus. NZ and Can

So is this a "lie"?

Where are the details? Bloomberg is simply reporting what it was told but I doubt that the Chinese can deliver.

Their LFF is contracting and their skilled workers are headed to Aus. NZ and Can

The Trump administration is still working out the details with the Chinese.

The key component to an agreement like this is exactly what will be the consequences WHEN China starts cheating on the agreement. If that is not clear and very punitive, it would be foolish to accept it from a State with no credibility whatsoever.

As to when and how they cheat that will be defined by the loopholes our negotiators do not recognize as a loophole.

Has anyone ever noticed that when Trump talks about our trade deal with China, he only tells us how great it is gonna be and we are going to do so well, but he never provides any details as to how he's gonna get that great deal?

I'm beginning to think that Trump may be one of the worst deal makers ever.

So is this a "lie"?

Yeah, all the left can do is whine about 'lack of details' because TDSers can never let Trump win.

Has anyone ever noticed that when Trump talks about our trade deal with China, he only tells us how great it is gonna be and we are going to do so well, but he never provides any details as to how he's gonna get that great deal?

Who needs 'details' when Trump's strategy is working so well?

Who needs 'details' when Trump's strategy is working so well?

Ask the farmers and furloughed workers how good his strategy is.

Forum List

Back