The Studied Rat

If a rat knows its behavior is being studied, does that impact the results?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Banned
LOL!

I figured you guys might all get the wrong idea. :D

What made me think of this was all the news I've been hearing over that last week or so about how school kids smoke less, do less drugs and have less sex than they did in the early-mid 90's. The cynic in me thinks they're not actually doing less, but have merely smartened up about how to answer surveys.

Alfred Kinsey would have appreciated your insight to the survey testing method.

LOL!

I figured you guys might all get the wrong idea. :D

What made me think of this was all the news I've been hearing over that last week or so about how school kids smoke less, do less drugs and have less sex than they did in the early-mid 90's. The cynic in me thinks they're not actually doing less, but have merely smartened up about how to answer surveys.

That makes no sense. If school kids have smartened since the early-mid 90's, then they graduated and are no longer answering school kid surveys.
smiley_025.gif

THey are doing it less because we've moved away from the "anything you like is okay" attitude and, with Reagan, started teaching kids ( for the first time in a long, long time) that it was honorable and good to say no to many things. Sex, drugs, and a variety of self-indulgent behaviors. For years kids were taught at school, by tv, through psychologists, books and pop culture "if it feels good do it, there's no accountability". We've gotten away from that, thank goodness.

THey are doing it less because we've moved away from the "anything you like is okay" attitude and, with Reagan, started teaching kids ( for the first time in a long, long time) that it was honorable and good to say no to many things. Sex, drugs, and a variety of self-indulgent behaviors. For years kids were taught at school, by tv, through psychologists, books and pop culture "if it feels good do it, there's no accountability". We've gotten away from that, thank goodness.

You mean greed isn't good?

Self-abosorption and a sense of entitlement aren't good in any way shape or form, without some sort of introspection and consideration of what is the greater good for self and mankind....

Forum List

Back