The strangest thing happened last night...

S

smirkinjesus

The strangest thing happened to me last night. I went out for dinner and a few drinks with some friends at the Mall here in Redmond. First, there was no place to park, we just thought there was a concert going on or some event. The crossroads that go through the Mall were all blocked off with heavy trucks, cement trucks and there were police cars from all over King County. We finally found a place to park and walked to the Restaurant. After dinner and several drinks we decided to go catch a movie. The theatre is at the center of the Mall. When we got there, we found several hundred people and police standing around the entrance to the Hotel across the street. Many people had Kerry/Edwards signs. Then there were the authorities, police and suit wearing dudes with earpieces everywhere. I went out over to one of the cops and asked what’s going on? We said they weren’t allowed to say. Then we noticed snipers up on the roof of the hotel. I finally asked some of the folks standing around, and they all said Dubya was here!
So it was, Dubya, indeed. I didn’t even know Dubya was in Seattle. But here he was, bringing shame to my town by spending the night here. There was a very sickly feeling in the air. Protestors started accumulating around the perimeter with all kinds of nasty signs. Impeach Bush! Murderer! Lot’s of people wearing “W” stickers with the “W” crossed out. One young lady sat cross legged in front of the hotel with lit candles and quarts of oil spilled around her to give the effect of blood running on the street. I think she was determined to stake out the hotel in hopes that Dubya might catch a glipse of her protest. Come to find out, all this was just because Dubya was going to walk into the hotel, nothing more. My three friends and I waited for Dubya to come. One of them loves Dubya and wanted to see him. And I wanted to see him too. Finally the motorcade came around the corner. Police bikes, police cars, lights flashing Blazer after Blazer, the line in the motorcade kept going and going and a big black flagged Limo passed by and Dubya that little chicken went through the back door of the hotel. There couldn’t have been more then a couple hundred people there to boo him and several hundred more just curious to see him and he couldn’t even come through the front door.
So Dubya blighted my town by spending the night here last night. Why did he have to stay in Redmond? He stayed at the hotel Gates uses for interviewees. Was he interviewing for a job at Microsoft? No, he wouldn’t have a chance. No, I realized he couldn’t stay in Seattle, because if he stayed downtown, people would find out and the Hotel would be mobbed by thousands of angry protestors. Dubya is violently hated in Seattle. So he stayed in Redmond. Even Redmond though is very multicultural, well educated and definitely Kerry territory. Then it dawned on me why this guy doesn’t travel often out of his home states. He is such a polarizing figure, everywhere he goes brings thousands of angry people to him. When we drove home that night, there were protestors all along the main street. I took some comfort in knowing that while here Dubya didn’t get to appreciate the beauty of this place, he had to see all the people with signs calling him a murderer and a traitor and a corporate puppet.

Moi said:
I am just thankful that when they passed out brains, I was in line in front of you for a double dose.

ROFLMAO! :banana:

Moi said:
I am just thankful that when they passed out brains, I was in line in front of you for a double dose.

I don't like Dubya slithering out of the South, especially not to my home town. This place stands in stark contrast to the polluted wasteland that sprouted Dubya. He can stay down in Texas where they are appropriately brainwashed to love him. But if he comes up here, he has to face people who know what he really is. That's why he rarely ventures up to these parts. Washington will go to Kerry anyways, I don't see why he needs to dishonor us with his presence here. Its a harsh political reality, but that's the way it is.

smirkinjesus said:
I don't like Dubya slithering out of the South, especially not to my home town. This place stands in stark contrast to the polluted wasteland that sprouted Dubya. He can stay down in Texas where they are appropriately brainwashed to love him. But if he comes up here, he has to face people who know what he really is. That's why he rarely ventures up to these parts. Washington will go to Kerry anyways, I don't see why he needs to dishonor us with his presence here. Its a harsh political reality, but that's the way it is.

you are so immature and pathetic it is just - well, PATHETIC!

smirkinjesus said:
. One young lady sat cross legged in front of the hotel with lit candles and quarts of oil spilled around her to give the effect of blood running on the street.
:puke3: :puke:
She polluted mother earth and you did nothing to stop it! No wonder why we need so much oil and the earth is polluted. It is people like you and your politcal allies destroying the planet to get attention!

I hope next time I'm driving my Hugh SUV I don't slip on the oil.

freeandfun1 said:
you are so immature and pathetic it is just - well, PATHETIC!

Actually we are very mature up here. There is talk in the local weeklies about what to do if Dubya wins a second term. People think that if Dubya wins fair and square, we will have to accept it with dignity and live with it for four more years. The scary question people have been raising is what do we do if they steal the Presidency. Many people honestly believe if the election isn't going well for Bush, & Co, they will find another way to hold onto power.
I read an interesting article about the West Coast practicing pseudo-secessionism until Bush is gone. Some people have even asked what the obligation of the Military is in such a situation. Basically, how do we go about forceably removing him from power if the need arises. These are the kinds of debates that are going on outside of Bush Territory. Scary isn't it? Scary what this guy means for many of us.

smirkinjesus said:
I took some comfort in knowing that while here Dubya didn?t get to appreciate the beauty of this place, he had to see all the people with signs calling him a murderer and a traitor and a corporate puppet.
Yeah...he got to see the true Wa. state didn't he...MORON!!
I'm sure he, like the rest of us know better. But hey, keep dreaming.

smirkinjesus said:
Actually we are very mature up here. There is talk in the local weeklies about what to do if Dubya wins a second term. People think that if Dubya wins fair and square, we will have to accept it with dignity and live with it for four more years. The scary question people have been raising is what do we do if they steal the Presidency. Many people honestly believe if the election isn't going well for Bush, & Co, they will find another way to hold onto power.
I read an interesting article about the West Coast practicing pseudo-secessionism until Bush is gone. Some people have even asked what the obligation of the Military is in such a situation. Basically, how do we go about forceably removing him from power if the need arises. These are the kinds of debates that are going on outside of Bush Territory. Scary isn't it? Scary what this guy means for many of us.
It would take a hell of a lot more than some retarded woman spilling oil on a street to scare me. It would also take a lot more than the threat of losing a state to scare me too. The only thing the state of Washington ever contributed to our union is grunge music. Thankfully, that too is just a memory.

Oh, wait. Starbucks. Caffeine. Now I know why ya'll are so irrational...too much caffeine.

smirkinjesus said:

Smirkin' evidently you just caught the tail end of Bush's trip to WA.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002005265_bushvisit14m.html

You say that you liberals are "very mature" in Seattle. Here is an example of the liberal "maturity" in Seattle: http://www.stopbushseattle.com/

Just in case you didn't know it Smirkin', Washington State is a swing state. Seattle itself is very liberal but the rest of the state is conservative. Republicans have been gaining ground and there is hope that WA will swing for Bush this time around.

ScreamingEagle said:
Smirkin' evidently you just caught the tail end of Bush's trip to WA.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002005265_bushvisit14m.html

You say that you liberals are "very mature" in Seattle. Here is an example of the liberal "maturity" in Seattle: http://www.stopbushseattle.com/

Just in case you didn't know it Smirkin', Washington State is a swing state. Seattle itself is very liberal but the rest of the state is conservative. Republicans have been gaining ground and there is hope that WA will swing for Bush this time around.

The last good thing to come out of Seattle was Jimi Hendrix and he's been dead for 34 years.

Jimmyeatworld said:
The last good thing to come out of Seattle was Jimi Hendrix and he's been dead for 34 years.

No, Seattle dominates the state. While the Eastern Part of the state trys to vote itself into depression and out of jobs, we keep them afloat. I would much rather our tax money stay here and help our poor rednecks in Eastern Washington rather then go down south to help poor rednecks in dixie. But like all rednecks they insist on voting for Republicans who screw them the most. How working class people ever got the idea the Conservatives were on their side is beyond me. Now their jobs keep leaving and soon enough they'll all be working for WalMart. But hey, they're convince the GOP knows what's best. Funny that we are well off Liberals and they are poor struggling conservatives. Seems to me the wealthiest cities are usually the most liberal. San Fancisco, New York, Chicago, Boston, most of the North East. Could it be that we know how to be innovative and successful while conservative areas consistently lag behind?

smirkinjesus said:

This is the kind of irrational bullcrap that makes me wonder what people are thinking. IMHO, with the kind of crap that's been going around, we're on the verge of another civil war, only this one will be much more covert and may end with the destruction of both political parties.

First off, Bush will not "steal the election." Fear of this stems from the lie that he did last time.

The western states cannot secede in any meanigful fashion. The only state that sustains its secession rights is Texas, as part of its treaty upon entering the U.S.

The military reatains its loyalty to the President of the United States. Not only that, but I've seen few soldiers who have bought into even a fraction of all the stupid bull that's been slung at Bush. If anybody starts something, they had better be prepared to take on the U.S. military. Heck, if the U.S. begins to split, I'll probably enlist just to help keep it together.

This is not the kind of thing that comes into play outside of Bush territory. I know, I've been outside of Bush territory and I've seen some very anti-Bush people, and very few of them would even consider what you're suggesting. In fact, many of them are turning towards Bush after seeing what he's really about and after seeing the true, power hungry, self righteous, ultra-lib face of the modern Democratic party. These kind of debates go on in the areas of the brainwashed masses who believe every word coming out of the NYT, LAT, Dan Rather, NPR, and the DNC.

Bottom line: NW Washington's ultra-lib, and I'd believe it if I heard they were claiming Bush was the Manchurian Candidate.

Jimmyeatworld said:

What about the software you are using to bash me with? That didn't come from Houston. All they know how to do down there is drill and manipulate the energy markets to steal money from Grandmothers.

Still trolling, smirk? I say you give it a rest before you get a timeout. You contribute absolutely nothing here except to try and fill the board with your immature and ridiculous rants.

Hobbit said:
This is the kind of irrational bullcrap that makes me wonder what people are thinking. IMHO, with the kind of crap that's been going around, we're on the verge of another civil war, only this one will be much more covert and may end with the destruction of both political parties.

First off, Bush will not "steal the election." Fear of this stems from the lie that he did last time.

The western states cannot secede in any meanigful fashion. The only state that sustains its secession rights is Texas, as part of its treaty upon entering the U.S.

The military reatains its loyalty to the President of the United States. Not only that, but I've seen few soldiers who have bought into even a fraction of all the stupid bull that's been slung at Bush. If anybody starts something, they had better be prepared to take on the U.S. military. Heck, if the U.S. begins to split, I'll probably enlist just to help keep it together.

This is not the kind of thing that comes into play outside of Bush territory. I know, I've been outside of Bush territory and I've seen some very anti-Bush people, and very few of them would even consider what you're suggesting. In fact, many of them are turning towards Bush after seeing what he's really about and after seeing the true, power hungry, self righteous, ultra-lib face of the modern Democratic party. These kind of debates go on in the areas of the brainwashed masses who believe every word coming out of the NYT, LAT, Dan Rather, NPR, and the DNC.

Bottom line: NW Washington's ultra-lib, and I'd believe it if I heard they were claiming Bush was the Manchurian Candidate.

Actually, Texas cannot seceed, that's a myth. I looked into it one time. Texas only has the right to break into smaller states. No state has the right to leave the union, Texas is no exception.

smirkinjesus said:
No, Seattle dominates the state. While the Eastern Part of the state trys to vote itself into depression and out of jobs, we keep them afloat. I would much rather our tax money stay here and help our poor rednecks in Eastern Washington rather then go down south to help poor rednecks in dixie. But like all rednecks they insist on voting for Republicans who screw them the most. How working class people ever got the idea the Conservatives were on their side is beyond me. Now their jobs keep leaving and soon enough they'll all be working for WalMart. But hey, they're convince the GOP knows what's best. Funny that we are well off Liberals and they are poor struggling conservatives. Seems to me the wealthiest cities are usually the most liberal. San Fancisco, New York, Chicago, Boston, most of the North East. Could it be that we know how to be innovative and successful while conservative areas consistently lag behind?

Babble babble babble.

I repeat: The last good thing to come out of Seattle is Jimi Hendrix and he's been dead for 34 years.

smirkinjesus said:
What about the software you are using to bash me with? That didn't come from Houston. All they know how to do down there is drill and manipulate the energy markets to steal money from Grandmothers.

Without the computer I'm using the software is useless. The computer came from California.

As far as Houston, there's this little company called NASA. Maybe you've heard of it. Also, so I don't have to post again, Texas CAN leave the union. I don't know where you're looking, but you're looking in the wrong place.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Babble babble babble.

I repeat: The last good thing to come out of Seattle is Jimi Hendrix and he's been dead for 34 years.

And the bombers and fighters that Bush loves to use so liberally. We design and build those too. I guess Houston/LBJ did try to steal the space program but noone buys into that.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Without the computer I'm using the software is useless. The computer came from California.

As far as Houston, there's this little company called NASA. Maybe you've heard of it. Also, so I don't have to post again, Texas CAN leave the union. I don't know where you're looking, but you're looking in the wrong place.

No, Texas can't leave the Union. Trust me, I checked into it. Someone told me that earlier and I was all excited thinking there was a way to get rid of them, but its not true. And come to think of it, only Texans would be so brash to think they have rights beyond the other states. Give me a few minutes, I'll find you the proof.

Forum List

Back