The story starts with, "No shit, there I was..."

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009

So, I am sitting here, needing to go get some sleep for tomorrow and listening to this angel and thinking, "Who would believe this crap anyway?"

I've known some seriously good music. But I've found that lately, Amy Lee has started eclipsing some big-time legends. So, I thought that maybe I just had too much to drink and that I'm just tripping.

So, I call some mental health guys and tell them that I'm losing it. Of course, bored bastards that they are, they rush right over and break out the straight jackets, asking..."What's wrong you old guy; losing your shit?"

So, put on some of the new Amy Lee stuff, you know, with an orchestra and everything, and sit down to veg....and the next thing I know, one of the bastards is passing Me a blunt.

I mean, what kind of loser passes a blunt when her music calls for a bowl?

Effin savage...

Anyway, anyone into Amy Lee?

Effin savage...

Very nice... Worthy of Black Hashish...

7jbxj.jpg

That last one actually strikes a chord in My heart, but this one I love for the piano. Hell, I love all of her songs for the piano.

While I have few regrets in my life, one of them is not being able to sit down and play the piano... I always told myself if I could just put one in my backpack I would be able to master it... Another regret was lying to myself on occasion...

While I have few regrets in my life, one of them is not being able to sit down and play the piano... I always told myself if I could just put one in my backpack I would be able to master it... Another regret was lying to myself on occasion...
I'm 58, and I'm still giving serious consideration to learning the piano.

It is such an unassuming instrument, but one that can bring out more emotions from people. Even the violin cannot match the piano for raw loss and hurt.

Adele's piano player would attest to that.

I will always stop dead in My tracks when I hear a serious piano solo or a sax. Both have such power.

Very few folks I have met in my life have I ever been jealous of... I knew a fellow in Highschool that played piano by ear... Had absolutely no musical training at all... If he had heard the song he could play it... Pissed me off... He was close to being a raging alcoholic in HS... It's a shame but the last thing I heard about him was he was homeless and wanted to be that way...

Very few folks I have met in my life have I ever been jealous of... I knew a fellow in Highschool that played piano by ear... Had absolutely no musical training at all... If he had heard the song he could play it... Pissed me off... He was close to being a raging alcoholic in HS... It's a shame but the last thing I heard about him was he was homeless and wanted to be that way...
Damn, that sucks. I had a friend who played drums and could play by ear. The last time I saw him, he was fat and a water truck driver, hell-bent on not getting drunk (his father was an alcoholic) but high all the time. Go figure.

As far as I know, he's still alive but I haven't heard from him since 1989, so who knows.

I do know I have no musical talent at all, but I can listen like a mofo. lol

So, I am sitting here, needing to go get some sleep for tomorrow and listening to this angel and thinking, "Who would believe this crap anyway?"

I've known some seriously good music. But I've found that lately, Amy Lee has started eclipsing some big-time legends. So, I thought that maybe I just had too much to drink and that I'm just tripping.

So, I call some mental health guys and tell them that I'm losing it. Of course, bored bastards that they are, they rush right over and break out the straight jackets, asking..."What's wrong you old guy; losing your shit?"

So, put on some of the new Amy Lee stuff, you know, with an orchestra and everything, and sit down to veg....and the next thing I know, one of the bastards is passing Me a blunt.

Effin savage...

Anyway, anyone into Amy Lee?

That's good strong pure tone.

Forum List

Back