The stock market dives the morning after Obamas speech...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Could it be because he had to yet again try to push his energy policy? And why is he releasing part of our oil reserves now when prices seem to be on the decline?

Could it be because he had to yet again try to push his energy policy? And why is he releasing part of our oil reserves now when prices seem to be on the decline?
The Bilderberg Group, The CFR and the Tri-Laterall Commission have never had as big a puppet in the Presidency as they have in Obama. He must be re-elected.

The Dow has been jumping up and down over the last few months. Lower gas prices should help spur the economy as people will have more money to spend. Gas prices where I live have dropped $1.00 per gallon in the last month to two months, from a high of $4.19 to $3.19 yesterday.

I'm just curious though. Since so many of you have blamed Obama directly for the high gas prices, are you now going to credit him with bringing them down, or are you going now going to start telling us how bad this is for the economy?

• Banned
Anyone have any logic for releasing the oil? His Lybia excuse just doesn't fly as from what I've heard we get next to no oil from them. Is the Lybia situation depressing the global market that much?

• Banned
The Dow has been jumping up and down over the last few months. Lower gas prices should help spur the economy as people will have more money to spend. Gas prices where I live have dropped $1.00 per gallon in the last month to two months, from a high of $4.19 to $3.19 yesterday.

I'm just curious though. Since so many of you have blamed Obama directly for the high gas prices, are you now going to credit him with bringing them down, or are you going now going to start telling us how bad this is for the economy?

I would give him credit had he actually done something to drive down the prices but he hasn't has he? If so what. And I sincerely care about the cost of oil because it costs me about 90 bucks every 3 days to fuel my vehicle.

No one blamed Obama for high gas prices you idiot, they made fun of people like YOU that blamed Bush for high gas prices...

Man, it makes you wonder what Bush's economy would have been like if he didn't have 5 dollar gas prices (that's higher than what Obama is dealing with! WHAT NO WAY!!!).

Yes, if it were not for 4 dollar gas America would be booming, even though it wasn’t when gas was 2.50... Blame it on someone or something else, LOLZ!

Obama is like a black Pac-Man that is chomping on our money every time he speaks.

Gas is over 3 a gallon.

A damn gallon of milk has tripled. Bread has tripled. What used to be a $1 bag of lunch meat is now 3. Peanut butter is up. Clothing is up. Electric bills are up (Sadly, they haven't "necessarily skyrocketed under my plan" as Obama had said he hoped for).

Every single thing is up. But, thats what happens when you print trillions of new dollars. The value of existing ones go down.

Try to....

...there, Grandfeathers.​

"Stocks tumbled on Thursday as a sharp drop in oil fueled an already weak market that faltered after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's downbeat comments a day earlier.

U.S. crude futures dropped 4.4 percent and the dollar climbed sharply after the International Energy Agency (IEA) said it will release 60 million barrels of oil from strategic stockpiles to help the global economy."

Mr. Shaman, you must be the biggest douche bag on this whole board.

I, along with many I'm sure, dont' even read your posts any more. Your attempt to be cool with the font and color changes is just lame dude.

Just wanted to let you know. When you start typing in normal text like the rest of us I'll read the dribble you put up.

Mr. Shaman, you must be the biggest douche bag on this whole board.

I, along with many I'm sure, dont' even read your posts any more. Your attempt to be cool with the font and color changes is just lame dude.

Just wanted to let you know. When you start typing in normal text like the rest of us I'll read the dribble you put up.

Haha, I muted that idiot my second day here. His posts remind me of my grandsons coloring books.

Isn't Obama and his administration saying they would perfer a gradual adjustment and higher prices would result in a more efficient energy policy?
Also, Dr. Steven Chu, Secretary of the Department of Energy, stated we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.
I think this speaks volumes with the intentions of Obama.

Yup. He and his merry band are going to try to ram this green bs down our throats just like Obamacare.

Your blind hatred for anything Obama does gets in the way of understanding the issue at hand...

Thursday’s release of 60 million barrels of crude reserves is not about keeping oil consumers well-supplied. It’s about chasing oil speculators out of the market.

And it seems to be working.

“This is the straw that breaks the camel’s back — this is the tipping point,” said Fadel Gheit, oil analyst for Oppenheimer, a leading investment bank. “The speculators will have to change their positions. Instead of betting on higher prices they have to bet on lower prices."

Bursting the speculative oil bubble would also provide stimulus to a weak U.S. economy at a time when both the Fed’s monetary stimulus and the government’s spending stimulus are winding down.

Surprise oil release targets speculators - Business - Going Green - msnbc.com

Your blind hatred for anything Obama does gets in the way of understanding the issue at hand...

Thursday’s release of 60 million barrels of crude reserves is not about keeping oil consumers well-supplied. It’s about chasing oil speculators out of the market.

And it seems to be working.

“This is the straw that breaks the camel’s back — this is the tipping point,” said Fadel Gheit, oil analyst for Oppenheimer, a leading investment bank. “The speculators will have to change their positions. Instead of betting on higher prices they have to bet on lower prices."

Bursting the speculative oil bubble would also provide stimulus to a weak U.S. economy at a time when both the Fed’s monetary stimulus and the government’s spending stimulus are winding down.

Surprise oil release targets speculators - Business - Going Green - msnbc.com

If that is true and that was the intent then I applaud the move. No need to be a jerk about it.

Kinda funny it was hands off the oil reserve until now. Barry didn't seem to care if oil went up to $10 a gallon.

What changed??

Color me skeptical of any politicians stated reasons for doing anything.

Forum List

Back