The 'Stiumulous is working'..Yeah, right.

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
US Jan mass layoffs edge up on weak manufacturing

The Labor Department said the number of mass layoff actions -- defined as job cuts involving at least 50 people from a single employer -- increased by 35 to 1,761. Mass layoffs had trended lower since August.

A total of 182,261 workers were affected last month. In January, 486 mass layoff events were reported in manufacturing, resulting in 62,556 workers filing claims for state unemployment benefits. It was the first increase in mass layoffs in manufacturing since August.

US Jan mass layoffs edge up on weak manufacturing | Reuters

No 'jobs' created and only bloated state and fed payrolls helped by the biggest ripoff of taxpayers ever, the 'stimulous.'

So much for the recovery.

i read the CBO report that claims over a million jobs were created and was astounded by the lack of actual facts to back that assertion up. it was basically hocus pocus and extreme guestimation. what people continually miss is the fact that overall we have had a net loss of jobs, and not net creation of jobs.

i read the CBO report that claims over a million jobs were created and was astounded by the lack of actual facts to back that assertion up. it was basically hocus pocus and extreme guestimation. what people continually miss is the fact that overall we have had a net loss of jobs, and not net creation of jobs.
The numbers are fantasy, just pulled from the air, Obama wants to say '2,000,000' then that is what the claim becomes.

Of course, the fact that any 'job' with the government adds to the problem and not corrects it is another issue.

At the rate Barry is going he will have people handing out fliers for the gov and claiming they are 'created jobs by the stimulous'.

Am I wrong or does the CBO use data supplied by the White House and/or congress for all of its analyzing.

Do they act as independants and get their own data?

Am I wrong or does the CBO use data supplied by the White House and/or congress for all of its analyzing.

i don't remember that "evidence" they claimed they used at the end of the report. they claim 600,000 jobs were the jobs reported, from the recovery.org website or something like that, and then they simply use hocus pocus to somehow extrapolate the money spent or committed and come up with a figure of 1 to 3 million.

who reported these jobs? and were these "new" jobs or simply jobs that would have been cut, eg. teachers....

i question the validity of their "estimate"

i don't remember that "evidence" they claimed they used at the end of the report. they claim 600,000 jobs were the jobs reported, from the recovery.org website or something like that, and then they simply use hocus pocus to somehow extrapolate the money spent or committed and come up with a figure of 1 to 3 million.

who reported these jobs? and were these "new" jobs or simply jobs that would have been cut, eg. teachers....

The CBO is appointed by government and run by government staffers.

The claim is they are 'non partisan.'

If you look however, they claim all these jobs have been 'created' yet the unemployed increase every month, how exactly did that happen....:lol:

Patience Cons. You need it.
633673966875656096-patience.jpg

Last edited:
WHere does the CBO get its data from?

Do you know? I dont....I am asking...so if your answer is an assumption, great...but please let me know if it is.
Thanks.

I really depends on the subject.

The CBO is a non-partisan think tank that is made up of people from both side of the fence.

It is pretty the most trusted organization for this type of evaluation in Washington by both parties.

Here's some data they did that was pretty conservative oriented, as an example:

Congressional Budget Office - Data on the Distribution of Federal Taxes and Household Income

the data is hocus pocus and not based on actual date, but estimates based on how many jobs "should" be created....

the report is a sham

From their site:

"Sources of Information and Peer Review Practices

CBO uses the rich data sources available from the government's statistical agencies. Those sources include the national income and product accounts, the census of manufacturers, the Statistics of Income, the Current Population Survey, and various national health surveys. CBO also uses information provided by relevant government agencies and industry groups to meet specific needs. To answer some questions, CBO uses available analytic models or develops them on its own.

CBO employs standard methods of economic analysis and closely follows professional developments in economics and related disciplines. CBO frequently seeks outside experts' advice on specific analytic matters, such as the outlook for agriculture production, spending projections for Medicare and Medicaid, and business prospects in the telecommunications industry. For its economic forecasts, CBO draws on the advice of a distinguished panel of advisers that meets twice a year.

All CBO estimates and analytic products are reviewed internally for technical competence, accuracy of data, and clarity of exposition. CBO studies also are reviewed by outside experts, Although outside advisers provide considerable assistance, CBO is solely responsible for the accuracy of the estimates and analyses that it produces. In keeping with its nonpartisan status and its mandate to provide objective analysis, CBO does not make policy recommendations in any of its analyses."

Congressional Budget Office - Preparing and Distributing Estimates and Analyses

The CBO is appointed by government and run by government staffers.

The claim is they are 'non partisan.'

If you look however, they claim all these jobs have been 'created' yet the unemployed increase every month, how exactly did that happen....:lol:

exactly...what specific jobs are these? it doesn't say, it just "estimates"

From their site:

CBO uses the rich data sources available from the government's statistical agencies. Those sources include the national income and product accounts, the census of manufacturers, the Statistics of Income, the Current Population Survey, and various national health surveys. CBO also uses information provided by relevant government agencies and industry groups to meet specific needs. To answer some questions, CBO uses available analytic models or develops them on its own.

CBO employs standard methods of economic analysis and closely follows professional developments in economics and related disciplines. CBO frequently seeks outside experts' advice on specific analytic matters, such as the outlook for agriculture production, spending projections for Medicare and Medicaid, and business prospects in the telecommunications industry. For its economic forecasts, CBO draws on the advice of a distinguished panel of advisers that meets twice a year.

All CBO estimates and analytic products are reviewed internally for technical competence, accuracy of data, and clarity of exposition. CBO studies also are reviewed by outside experts, Although outside advisers provide considerable assistance, CBO is solely responsible for the accuracy of the estimates and analyses that it produces. In keeping with its nonpartisan status and its mandate to provide objective analysis, CBO does not make policy recommendations in any of its analyses."

in other words, we pulled the data out of our collective asses

From their site:

in other words, we pulled the data out of our collective asses
They are a government agency telling you the government is doing well, what's wrong with this picture...

Hey listen, I'm only going to tell you one more time. If you have a job or if anyone you know has a job, then Obamas stimulus saved it.

UNDERSTAND?

(not)

I think we can all agree...............

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being: almost totally ineffective and 10 : creation of jobs as per stated purpose, it scores at most a 2.

lock the thread s0ns...................

Forum List

Back