The Stimulus Is Working

Personally I believe that NAFTA takes away this nations ability to regulate it's trade, not only with the partners involved in NAFTA but also lends some force to other nations in the WTO if they should see our nation as passing tarriffs, etc. While I believe that in the general principles behind the bill, it does appear to become one vehicle by which companies who wish to do so can move jobs to Mexico or Canada. While I don't believe that NAFTA is the only reason for that if can be made stronger for all parties. Another thing that will not solve the issue of American jobs are buy american provisions in bills. Especially when you consider that this nation has become a consumer nation of foreign produced products and those sorts of provisions would do nothing but spark a trade war which we can no longer win. As I said before, next time you are on a Jet Blue flight consider that the aircraft your on was not made in this nation, as are most of Northwest, and others and thats just one example. So while they may sound good "Buy American" should be a promotional issue and and incitive for Americans and not a punishment for our trading partners.

Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem.

cartoon019.jpg

Yet it's funny how you drama queens act when he tried to put in a Buy American provision into the stimulus package. You people would cry bloody murder if he man shat golden eggs. Maybe when you all stop trying to sell out America in the Great Global Free Market Yardsale then America will be able to retain employment opportunities instead of paying a mexican pauper to build cars.

Out of curiosity, what do you think dictates the location of a job?

Is it the whim of some manufacturer or the lowest cost job to produce an equal or better product?

Hint: The answer is the second one.

If the job in question has a higher cost for the same function, the product produced will have less value, that means, will cost more for the same quality. People will willingly pay more for better quality. You are saying that people should pay more for lesser or equal quality.

This is marketing to the retarded. No slur to the retarded intended. Let's say, "to the intelligence impaired".

If you want to keep jobs here, figure out a way to make a better product for equal cost with the labor locally. You know, the way that Honda and Toyota have done as well as Suburu and others.

When looking to afix blame, look in the mirror. When looking to give credit, look out the window. If somebody whips your ass, who is to blame? If some team whips your team's ass, who is to blame? If other countries whip our country's ass, who is to blame?

If you're lucky, your mommy will always tell you that you have done the best regardless of the actual outcome. That drawing she loved probably never made it off the Refrigerator to the mantle, though.

In the real world, real results are the measure. Grow up. If we are losing, it's not because of some unfair, rigged game. It's because we are not as good at playing the game. The Pinto was not as good as the Civic. We lost. Zenith could not make a TV as effeiciently as Panosonic. We lost. Cadillac was not as in tune with the trends as was Lexus, Mercedes or BMW. We lost. Now we own Cadillac.

Smart buy, huh? At least we have a top rate union to support. Rate, in this case, means labor rate.

There is nothing magic about the American worker. He is the same guy that works anywhere else except that he gets more money to go to work. If he is not making a far superior product, his job is in jeopardy.

Last edited:
We still havent had a month where more jobs have been created/saved than lost.

The stimulus is working as it was intended to.

No I didn't make a typo above. :)

To some extent I share your cynical view, Pilgrim.

Not entirely, of course, but to some extent.

To truly FIUX this economy, we have to make fundamental changes to the way the game has been played.

Since the most powerful people on earth LIKE the way things work, they're not about to give up those advantages they have which are killing this economy....not even if it means that the economy for the vst majority of us goes completely down the shitter.

If Obama set out to make those fundamental changes (which he could't if he wanted to) but if he really started to make those changes?

He'd be killed by some lone gunman with some magic bullet, they'd name an airport after him and shed copius crocodile tears, and then absolutely NOTHING would really change.

Last edited:
Egads if crying helped you seers of all things bad would be a big help. Get out there and shop. Unlike when W told you do so now is a time to do so. Everyone of you crybabies are online all the time so you must be doing OK. Stop crying and support your country.

Is Obama's stimulus working? -- latimes.com

'Keynes: right during the Great Depression, right now'

Counterpoint: Brad DeLong

"Back at the start of October, when it became clear that the recession was not going to be a mild "rolling readjustment" and when it began to become clear just how frozen the financial system was and how much damage it was about to do to investment and spending, economists began talking about how it would be a very good thing to pass a fiscal stimulus. Then the idea was to boost the federal deficit by about $200 billion in fiscal year 2009 (i.e., October 2009 to September 2010), $200 billion in fiscal 2010 and $100 billion in 2011 to put more people to work and cushion the rise in unemployment. The idea was to spend $500 billion in total, to be divided, say, with $125 billion in aid to states so they would not have to cut programs and throw yet more people out of work; $125 billion in tax cuts to relatively poor people feeling liquidity constrained who would spend and not save the additional cash; $125 billion to shovel-ready and near-shovel-ready infrastructure projects; and $125 billion for Congress to distribute to projects individual representatives regarded as worthy because assembling legislative coalitions to pass anything is very hard."

So much BS so little time. It didn't work for Roosevelt. I t didn't work for the Japanese in the nineties. It didn't work in Zimbawe or Argentina or any of a host of other places where government stimulus packages have been tried. And yet the left falls all over themselves and ignores reality spouting nonsense they just didn't do it the right way. Funny thing is there is no right way to do the wrong thing.

However you do it it is still wrong.

Obama still doesn't get it. He is boxed in by the job killing leftist ideology. I still haven't seen ANY legislation that would lead to job creation. I want tax breaks for moving jobs overseas stopped, I want tax breaks for creating jobs here passed into law (they call it Corporate welfare). They are simply pissing money away at an astounding rate with no new jobs to show for it. 2010 and 2012 are looming...

The key here is deficit spending. My taxes have not gone up this year. Money from tomorrow is circulating the economy today.

2. $1 billion for FutureGen in Mattoon, Illinois is the “biggest earmark of all time” for a power plant that may never work.
No one who supported SDI that "might never have worked" can be against a plant that may just move us forward. And at least what is spent is recirculating around the economy plus folks are learning for it.

Bastiat stopped too soon tracking the francs or dollars of the citizen.

Yet it's funny how you drama queens act when he tried to put in a Buy American provision into the stimulus package. You people would cry bloody murder if he man shat golden eggs. Maybe when you all stop trying to sell out America in the Great Global Free Market Yardsale then America will be able to retain employment opportunities instead of paying a mexican pauper to build cars.

Maybe if you weren't slinging rhetoric and looked at what has been posted, the you might find out where in the thread any of the people complaining about the Obama Lama's failed policy support jobs and/or corporate America being shipped overseas.

I know I do not and have not, and the only mention I have seen of it this thread until your post does not agree with.

While I don't agree with the practice, I can certainly see why it happens. Trying to explain it all away as coroprate greed alone doesn't cut it. Being taxed to death to support the "entitled" class BS.

Egads if crying helped you seers of all things bad would be a big help. Get out there and shop. Unlike when W told you do so now is a time to do so. Everyone of you crybabies are online all the time so you must be doing OK. Stop crying and support your country.

Is Obama's stimulus working? -- latimes.com

'Keynes: right during the Great Depression, right now'

Counterpoint: Brad DeLong

"Back at the start of October, when it became clear that the recession was not going to be a mild "rolling readjustment" and when it began to become clear just how frozen the financial system was and how much damage it was about to do to investment and spending, economists began talking about how it would be a very good thing to pass a fiscal stimulus. Then the idea was to boost the federal deficit by about $200 billion in fiscal year 2009 (i.e., October 2009 to September 2010), $200 billion in fiscal 2010 and $100 billion in 2011 to put more people to work and cushion the rise in unemployment. The idea was to spend $500 billion in total, to be divided, say, with $125 billion in aid to states so they would not have to cut programs and throw yet more people out of work; $125 billion in tax cuts to relatively poor people feeling liquidity constrained who would spend and not save the additional cash; $125 billion to shovel-ready and near-shovel-ready infrastructure projects; and $125 billion for Congress to distribute to projects individual representatives regarded as worthy because assembling legislative coalitions to pass anything is very hard."

While crybabies you like whine about the cost of healthcare and think we should foot your bill?

Whatever.:eusa_hand:

We still havent had a month where more jobs have been created/saved than lost.

The stimulus is working as it was intended to.

No I didn't make a typo above. :)

To some extent I share your cynical view, Pilgrim.

Not entirely, of course, but to some extent.

To truly FIUX this economy, we have to make fundamental changes to the way the game has been played.

Since the most powerful people on earth LIKE the way things work, they're not about to give up those advantages they have which are killing this economy....not even if it means that the economy for the vst majority of us goes completely down the shitter.

If Obama set out to make those fundamental changes (which he could't if he wanted to) but if he really started to make those changes?

He'd be killed by some lone gunman with some magic bullet, they'd name an airport after him and shed copius crocodile tears, and then absolutely NOTHING would really change.

Which airport?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/95706-time-to-dismantel-us-government.html

Forum List

Back