The Steak You Ordered Is Burned. What Do You Do About It?

Your Steak Is Burned. What Do You Do About It?

• Pay the bill and leave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offer to pay double if they cook it right the next time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
o i dont know crimson....i can remember when ordering a filet well or med well was taboo...not now....steakhouses any good ones...take the orders

I like my filet well done. I can't eat meat that isn't fully cooked, it disgusts me. Filet well done STILL fucking melts in your mouth. It can definitely be TOO well done, so as for the question in the OP, I'd kindly ask the server if I can get a new steak. I've never seen a filet cooked too much though myself, I can't imagine any decent chef overcooking a filet.

And what in the blue hell does this thread have to do with economy?

I like my filet well done. I can't eat meat that isn't fully cooked, it disgusts me. Filet well done STILL fucking melts in your mouth. It can definitely be TOO well done, so as for the question in the OP, I'd kindly ask the server if I can get a new steak. I've never seen a filet cooked too much though myself, I can't imagine any decent chef overcooking a filet.

see the mentality i am speaking of....no rep....well done steaks...what next?

see the mentality i am speaking of....no rep....well done steaks...what next?

He'll claim his sashimi is undercooked next. :lol:

Imagine this: You go to a nice restaurant, get seated and look over the menu and order a nice filet mignon for $25. Then you enjoy a nice glass of red wine while waiting for your steak to arrive.
When your waiter serves it to you you see that it wasn't nearly what you had anticipated. It's burned to a crisp. It's a hockey puck. You wouldn't feed it to your dog. It still has marks where the jockey was hitting it.

A complete and utter culinary failure. Question is: What do you do about it?
Do you:

A. Pay the bill and leave.
B. Eat it but never come back.
C. Complain to the management about it.
D. Offer to pay double ($50) if they can cook it right the next time.

Why complain to management. Just send it back with the server and ask them to fire another one. If it is screwed up the second time, then you talk to management. However, if a restaurant actually has filet mignon on the menu, chances are they can get ot pretty close the first time. ;)
I hope you like spit or butt wax!:redface:

none of the options. I tell the server that the kitchengot my order wrong (I ordered iot medium rare) and ask them to take it back

I don't blame servers if the kitchen fucks up

Last edited:
Imagine this: You go to a nice restaurant, get seated and look over the menu and order a nice filet mignon for $25. Then you enjoy a nice glass of red wine while waiting for your steak to arrive.
When your waiter serves it to you you see that it wasn't nearly what you had anticipated. It's burned to a crisp. It's a hockey puck. You wouldn't feed it to your dog. It still has marks where the jockey was hitting it.

Do you:

E. Call a cop.

If they burned my filet mignon, that's criminal and I intend to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

I agree with whoever said that if a place has a decent filet on the menu, they're not likely to overcook it. In fact, I believe some won't cook a filet "well". "Medium" is as done as they go. But maybe that's just around here.

Do you:

E. Call a cop.

If they burned my filet mignon, that's criminal and I intend to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

I agree with whoever said that if a place has a decent filet on the menu, they're not likely to overcook it. In fact, I believe some won't cook a filet "well". "Medium" is as done as they go. But maybe that's just around here.

oh blah--cook your own cro-mignon. :lol:

oh blah--cook your own cro-mignon. :lol:

No problem - I can do that.

I usually just let some guy feel manly by grilling a steak for me, while I sit simpering in the shade sipping on a mint julep and admiring how well he puts out the fire that has mushroomed up on the grill. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back