The state with the most miserable cities is California, with 10

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Followed by New Jersey, no surprise there..

The 50 most miserable cities in America

5d5eebab2e22af03684b32b8

The east side of Detroit.
Charles Ommanney / Getty

• The most miserable city in the US is Gary, Indiana.
  • The state with the most miserable cities is California, with 10. New Jersey is close behind, with nine, and Florida comes in third, with six.
  • These cities have things in common - few opportunities, devastation from natural disasters, high crime and addiction rates, and often many abandoned houses.

Gary, Indiana is the #1 city. Isn't that where Michael Jackson was born?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. No city in my state made the list. Yay!

This is what baffles me about Americans.

You look at those people, and those pictures, and I constantly ask myself.... how do they do that?

Some of those cities have less than half their population working. And yet you look at the pictures, and see fat people.

How does that work? How are people able to live an entire year, never working, and yet end up fat?

If I don't work for 6 months, I'd be in bankruptcy. How do you have more than half the population of one of these cities not working for years? How is that even possible?

And whatever method allows that to continue, I think is doing harm. Whatever system is allowing these people live, without making the changes needed to improve their lives, is a bad system.

But I'm irritated that people claim it's so horrible in the US, and then you see fat non-working people, going years without doing anything.

poorasian.jpeg

This is what real poverty looks like in the world. Poor people are skinny, and usually work really hard to survive.

Our poor....

Fight-for-15.jpg

A bunch of teletubby fat people, complaining they are not paid enough to stand in an air conditioned building, using their finger tips to tap on the picture of a cheese burger, and say "Do you want fries with that?" over a wireless headset.

CkeDqD8UgAAnIBM.jpg

I'm not surprised in the slightest. I'm unfortunately a Californian and there is no state that utterly enables homeless junkies & moron illegals -- while creating business-suffocating ridiculous laws that have been driving business OUT of this state in a mass, economical vomiting.

Seems that most of the cities listed started losing after Nixon sold us out to the Japs. GO REPUBLICANS!!!!

Followed by New Jersey, no surprise there..

5d5eebab2e22af03684b32b8

The east side of Detroit.
Charles Ommanney / Getty

• The most miserable city in the US is Gary, Indiana.
  • The state with the most miserable cities is California, with 10. New Jersey is close behind, with nine, and Florida comes in third, with six.
  • These cities have things in common - few opportunities, devastation from natural disasters, high crime and addiction rates, and often many abandoned houses.

all 10 in California are in S.Cal and all are crappy cities to live in....

Forum List

Back