The State of The Union (Were Pist)

Obama talked about getting rid of unnecessary regulation. But he didn't talk about getting rid of unnecessary regulation that would actually free up investment capital.

Obama talked about everybody paying their fair share. But he went on to explain that meant the 'rich" pay most of it and he didn't suggest that the gravy train was over for the 50% who aren't paying much of anything, if anythiing at all.

Obama talked about energy independence and new jobs and didn't even touch on that pipeline he vetoed that would have created 20,000 good paying permanent jobs as well as increase oil supplies that are now going to China. (That one should boggle everybody's mind.)

Obama talked about rebuilding American infrastructure--you know, that same infrastructure the trillions of borrowed dollars was supposed to have already rebuilt and still remains untouched? But he didn't suggest repealing Obamacare or other programs , nor did he once address the crushing trillion dollar deficits and the unsustainable national debt that has accumulated under his watch.

It was a great campaign speech and had some good things in it. But those who have the instincts to want truth instead of rhetorical spin have to see it for what it was. The oratory of a great leader with vision and courage? Sorry. No.

First question. What make you think that people who don't make enought money to pay federal income taxes are on a "Gravy Train"?

That pipeline will create about a quarter of the jobs and most of those will not be permanant. It will help the oil companies to export more refined crude oil products and raise the price of gasoline for many Americans.

No one is going to bring about a utopia. No one promised a utopia either. It's problably what you want to beleive they said.......but.

Yes, actually Obama did promise a Utopia. That's what Dims are always promising.

And that quote is??????

Here is some of it from His Radiance's own mouth:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto]Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing - YouTube[/ame]

That is where Obama's policies are taking us. Spending us into oblivion isn't going to bring on the new Utopia.

No one is going to bring about a utopia. No one promised a utopia either. It's problably what you want to beleive they said.......but.

Yes, actually Obama did promise a Utopia. That's what Dims are always promising.

I also challenge you to provide me that quote. He has certainly made some ceteris paribus assumptions that give the impression of heading in that direction but to my knowledge he has not explicitly said that. However a lot of politicians, in every party, make ceteris paribus assumptions. Wisconsin’s own REPUBLICAN governor has made them about our school system leading to disaster.
In the video you posted there was no mention of the word utopia. He also said “generations from now” we will have a better planet, healthcare ect…. Not now… just change now for better or worse only time will tell but with our continued focus on being “Green” we can at least partly say we will succeed in that aspect.

Last edited:

I also challenge you to provide me that quote. He has certainly made some ceteris paribus assumptions that give the impression of heading in that direction but to my knowledge he has not explicitly said that. However a lot of politicians, in every party, make ceteris paribus assumptions. Wisconsin’s own REPUBLICAN governor has made them about our school system leading to disaster.
In the video you posted there was no mention of the word utopia. He also said “generations from now” we will have a better planet, healthcare ect…. Not now… just change now for better or worse only time will tell but with our continued focus on being “Green” we can at least partly say we will succeed in that aspect.

Maybe it wasn't 'explicitly said', but the implications were clear and millions bought into it. He was to be the salvation of the nation and all that is good and noble and righteous and just. Some are just too stupid to see the absolute disaster he has actually been.

It was the same ole same old.

For a guy that's supposed to be soooooo smart he really doesn't have any new ideas

New ideas won't work. He is trying to return to the old post great depression ideas, that created the world's largest middle class. But the Pubs, ain't having none of that. The pubs never liked that large middle class because it kept business from maxing out their profits.

It's a different world and not 1930 any more in case you haven't noticed.

And a large middle class would only increase profits for companies because there would be more customers.

You sheep really don't understand business do you?

Last edited:

And that quote is??????

Here is some of it from His Radiance's own mouth:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto]Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing - YouTube[/ame]

He's not promising a Utopia in that 47 second clip. Sounds like he's asking people to get to work an make things better.......But since you posted it without any context, fuk who knows......

Why do you call him "His Radiance's" when everyone knows the faithful prefer "His Almighty and Exalted High Eminence" Geeeeezzzzz.......:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Maybe it wasn't 'explicitly said', but the implications were clear and millions bought into it. He was to be the salvation of the nation and all that is good and noble and righteous and just. Some are just too stupid to see the absolute disaster he has actually been.

Well... I guess based on my observations, all be it in a small realm, what I gleaned from the video and the president’s speech I don’t see your logic underlying those conclusions.... ergo by your logic I must be “stupid”. I however don’t think that is the case but instead you exaggerated the principal element of what the president was expressing. That principal is that we are trying to change our ways or if you prefer “turn the corner”. Not that he is some sort of messiah. If I start to push a boulder up a hill and then my successors continue that effort that does not make me the sole worker. It becomes a collective effort with future generations. Put it simply we have to start to push the “boulder of change” up the steep hill so that eventually sometime in the future we will reach the apogee and we will have a great society. I suspect that future will look nothing like it is today only time will tell. “No single man makes history. History cannot be seen, just as one cannot see grass growing”

Last edited:

Well... I guess based on my observations, all be it in a small realm, what I gleaned from the video and the president’s speech I don’t see your logic underlying those conclusions.... ergo by your logic I must be “stupid”. I however don’t think that is the case but instead you exaggerated the principal element of what the president was expressing. That principal is that we are trying to change our ways or if you prefer “turn the corner”. Not that he is some sort of messiah. If I start to push a boulder up a hill and then my successors continue that effort that does not make me the sole worker. It becomes a collective effort with future generations. Put it simply we have to start to push the “boulder of change” up the steep hill so that eventually sometime in the future we will reach the apogee and we will have a great society. I suspect that future will look nothing like it is today only time will tell. “No single man makes history. History cannot be seen, just as one cannot see grass growing”

That clip and numerous other grandiose promises made by candidate Obama triggered the "messiah" metaphorical images that were picked up even by the left wing media. Louis Farrakkan actually stated that "the Messiah is absolutely speaking" when gushing over Obama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiG-gz1xt9I]Barack Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking' - YouTube[/ame]

And triggered images like and similar to this in campaign ads, on rally posters, and to accompany board posts and other commentary:

f848d82d4a4de328784248d8cf5cb6bd.jpg

Has Obama claimed to be the "messiah"? Of course not. But he has made and continues to make promises that sound really really good and he has no intention of worrying about once the speech is over. And the adoration and adulations heaped upon him by his ardent followers certainly resemble a religious cult.

I didn't realize how much of last night's speech was a rewrite until seeing it shown side by side with all his other SOTU speeches and campaign rhetoric during the day today,. It's pretty amazing actually. He's using the same words again and again because they reel in the gullible and keep them loyal.

That video is quite an eye-opener, Foxfyre. Thanks for sharing it.

Well, the Obama supporters would like to sweep things like that under the rug as the next election is now less than 11 months away, but if we want to do better in the next election, we better not be shy about reminding folks how it went down the first time. The American memory sometimes is really short when they WANT to believe in somebody.

For instance I lost count of how many times and in how many ways Obama used the words "fair" and/or "fairness" in the SOTU address. That along with 'change and hope' was the cornerstone for the first revival. Well, the 'change and hope' haven't materialized as promised, but now all he has to do is point to the Republicans as the reason it has not--anjd keep pushing the class envy. "Fair" and "fairness" are code words meaning the evil rich Reublicans will be taken down and if you vote for me, we'll use their money to give you all the promised goodies.

We didn't have an entitlement mentality 50 years ago. Contrasting JFK's rouising oratory "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" with the entitlement mentality created by the "Great Society", and you see why Obama's theme that government is the answer to all our problems works.

Of course it is all a crock. But if he can keep the "messiah/savior" image fresh in the minds of the worshippers, he expects to be re-elected.

Forum List

Back