The State of The Union (Were Pist)

In reality that is your version (well, the rabid right wing talker shows) of his vision.

That is where Obama's policies are taking us. Spending us into oblivion isn't going to bring on the new Utopia.

I thought the President clearly revealed the 2012 campaign platform. Not sure that was wise....

At any rate....I was toggling back and forth last night between Fox's and MSNBC's coverage of the speech...and you'd be amazed at the differences on a technical level.

Anyone who watches Fox regularly, can plainly see that there are lot's of bright colors, makeup, and really good sound and picture quality.

Last night, during the speech, I noticed that MSNBC's broadcast was sharp and bright. Did anyone notice how the Democrats men were wearing bright ties, and the women wore bright, almost neon colors? I can guess this was to make the Republicans dressed in blue suits only seem obscured? Obama's voice was booming on MSNBC, and they routinely covered high emotion from the audience.

On Fox....the sound quality was muffled and compressed. The applause was stifled, and the dynamics to Obama's voice were limited. The color quality of the picture was filtered out somehow, and everything had a gray hue by comparison. The camera angles were indirect, and it was obvious to me the technical audio/video component of thier coverage was not anywhere near the quality it is on O'Reilly or Hannity.

I'm not complaining, and everybody knows Fox News will give Obama every disadvantage they can, it's thier job..............but watching Fox and MSNBC were two totally different experiences.

Last edited:
Well, let's see now. Third world countries tend to have:

1) Huge, yawning income gaps, with a few very rich people, masses of poor, and no significant middle class.

2) Very low tax rates, and very low levels of public spending, except on the military and the police.

3) Governments that pretend to be democracies, but are actually controlled by a few wealthy interests and/or the military.

4) Low to nonexistent manufacturing sectors, with economies committed to raw materials production, cash-crop farming, and providing cheap labor to foreign companies.

Seems to me that while that may describe where some folks in Washington want to take the U.S., the president isn't one of them.

Those are all symptoms of the kind of crony capitalism that left-wing thugs like you, Obama and the Congressional Dims endorse.

The empirical evidence shows that the closer a society gets to pure laizzes faire capitalism, the more prosperous it becomes.

It was the same ole same old.

For a guy that's supposed to be soooooo smart he really doesn't have any new ideas

New ideas won't work. He is trying to return to the old post great depression ideas, that created the world's largest middle class. But the Pubs, ain't having none of that. The pubs never liked that large middle class because it kept business from maxing out their profits.

For a guy that's supposed to be soooooo smart he really doesn't have any new ideas

New ideas won't work. He is trying to return to the old post great depression ideas, that created the world's largest middle class. But the Pubs, ain't having none of that. The pubs never liked that large middle class because it kept business from maxing out their profits.

The issue is that we already funded his 'rebuilding American infrastructure'... and he pissed that money away on bullshit, smoke and mirrors. Which part of 'we won't get fooled again' is too hard for the 'old liberal' brain?

Obama talked about getting rid of unnecessary regulation. But he didn't talk about getting rid of unnecessary regulation that would actually free up investment capital.

Obama talked about everybody paying their fair share. But he went on to explain that meant the 'rich" pay most of it and he didn't suggest that the gravy train was over for the 50% who aren't paying much of anything, if anythiing at all.

Obama talked about energy independence and new jobs and didn't even touch on that pipeline he vetoed that would have created 20,000 good paying permanent jobs as well as increase oil supplies that are now going to China. (That one should boggle everybody's mind.)

Obama talked about rebuilding American infrastructure--you know, that same infrastructure the trillions of borrowed dollars was supposed to have already rebuilt and still remains untouched? But he didn't suggest repealing Obamacare or other programs , nor did he once address the crushing trillion dollar deficits and the unsustainable national debt that has accumulated under his watch.

It was a great campaign speech and had some good things in it. But those who have the instincts to want truth instead of rhetorical spin have to see it for what it was. The oratory of a great leader with vision and courage? Sorry. No.

1) Huge, yawning income gaps, with a few very rich people, masses of poor, and no significant middle class.

2) Very low tax rates, and very low levels of public spending, except on the military and the police.

3) Governments that pretend to be democracies, but are actually controlled by a few wealthy interests and/or the military.

4) Low to nonexistent manufacturing sectors, with economies committed to raw materials production, cash-crop farming, and providing cheap labor to foreign companies.

Seems to me that while that may describe where some folks in Washington want to take the U.S., the president isn't one of them.

Those are all symptoms of the kind of crony capitalism that left-wing thugs like you, Obama and the Congressional Dims endorse.

The empirical evidence shows that the closer a society gets to pure laizzes faire capitalism, the more prosperous it becomes.
Then shouldn't we want laizzes faire capitalism?

In reality that is your version (well, the rabid right wing talker shows) of his vision.

That is where Obama's policies are taking us. Spending us into oblivion isn't going to bring on the new Utopia.

No one is going to bring about a utopia. No one promised a utopia either. It's problably what you want to beleive they said.......but.

Then shouldn't we want laizzes faire capitalism?

Those who believe in persxonal freedom and self governance want the government to secure their rights and otherwise strictly promote laizzez faire capitalism as that is the ONLY economic system that affords ALL the people opportunity to rise above their circumstances and prosper.

The issue is that we already funded his 'rebuilding American infrastructure'... and he pissed that money away on bullshit, smoke and mirrors. Which part of 'we won't get fooled again' is too hard for the 'old liberal' brain?

The problem is the economic model is BROKE. If you try to stimulate the economy, the fucking money goes to communists and the americans in communist china using that real cheap labor.

There has NOT BEEN a serious attempt at infastructure spending. The Pubs won't allow it.

We already know HOW to fix this mess. But you would have to reverse what the Pubs did since 1980. And they ain't having NONE of that.

The problem is the economic model is BROKE. If you try to stimulate the economy, the fucking money goes to communists and the americans in communist china using that real cheap labor.

There has NOT BEEN a serious attempt at infastructure spending. The Pubs won't allow it.

We already know HOW to fix this mess. But you would have to reverse what the Pubs did since 1980. And they ain't having NONE of that.

Seriously, this 'blame the Republicans' is not just funny - it is bullshit. Both sides are a fucking clusterfuck and both sides dragged this country into this shit. And people like you... who keep supporting them... you did it too.

Suck it up, look in the mirror and accept personal responsibility... and stop fucking voting for corrupt fucking bastards who don't want to 'fix' this country - they just want to line their own pockets with your money.

You rank and file - on both sides - you fucked this country up.

Seriously, this 'blame the Republicans' is not just funny - it is bullshit. Both sides are a fucking clusterfuck and both sides dragged this country into this shit. And people like you... who keep supporting them... you did it too.

Suck it up, look in the mirror and accept personal responsibility... and stop fucking voting for corrupt fucking bastards who don't want to 'fix' this country - they just want to line their own pockets with your money.

You rank and file - on both sides - you fucked this country up.

Hell, I supported Perot, who tried to tell the folks what was gonna happen with free trade. But the consumers were having wet dreams over cheaper widgets. So much so that we fucked our neighbors out of a job.

The Pubs came roaring back and deregulated banking, which eventually allowed for the crash of 08 to occur. That crash would have been hard to pull off under the old sound regulated banking.

With the crash our employment problems became visible, and showed us what off shoring had done to americans. Just so as few fuckers could max out their profits.

The votes from Pubs and Dems on NAFTA tells the story of who started this madness. Go and take a look, and learn something instead of being a victim of propaganda.

The Pubs have destroyed this economy as it effects average people. That is a fact of the big picture, but you gotta have brains to see it.

If the Pubs had not come back into rule, this shit would not of happened. Afterall, what has changed in DC? The dems lost their long run of power that started with FDR, and what you see today are the results of that.

But I supported old Ralph because the dems, some of them had joined the pubs in this madness. I plan on voting for pubs this time, so they can finish their job and destroy what is left of the middle. Only then can we relegate these fuckers to the dustbin of history. And start over, with a sane economic model that builds middle classes. You know, like we used to have.

Last edited:
It was a pure and plain campaign speech. There was nothing about the state of the union in it.

Ummm California Girl do you Troll in all your posts ? Or are you just that misinformed and out of touch? Could it be that you just parrot what you have been told and then add an aura of hostility to your posts?

1)The money as you say he “pissed away” (really intelligent dialog by the way) went mostly to good use NOT ALL I will admit. You just prefer to keep your blinders on and rest on your hate because it is easier. I live in Wisconsin and the money that was supposedly “pissed away” funded completion of one of the largest wind farms in the Midwest. The wind farms in WI now produce almost 1,000,000kW per year total... not perfect but better than killing innocent civilians, in faraway countries, to get more energy.

2)The company for which I worked has responded well to the measures that he [Obama] put in place. At the time of the recession my pay dropped significantly, many colleagues were let go, our merit increases were frozen and any bonuses were suspended. Now we are hiring (most of the people who were let go are now back and more), we have all the things we had before the recession. This is true of a lot but not all the companies in the Milwaukee area that I know of. I cannot extend my knowledge beyond this but to the extent of what I have read and cross checked. I thank God every day and I feel truly blessed to have a job and therefore I donate a good sum of my pay to charities that help out the people who are less fortunate. People who want to work and cannot find a job.

3)I don’t think you fully understand the extent of the “Recession” when it occurred. It cannot be fixed overnight or by sprinkling some magic republican fairy dust on it. Some businesses are on the upturn and granted some are still struggling. However making a broad generalization like you did is benighted and irresponsible.

4)Please refrain from using stock and store derogatory responses like “is too hard for the 'old liberal' brain” that does nothing for the conversation, it only adds to your toxicity as a fellow human. Back your statements with REAL facts and not just puerile rhetorical comments.

5)FYI: I am not a liberal, republican, neutralist, tea party advocate or otherwise. I align myself with the “American Dream” as it was first fashioned by the founders and not any extreme zealot xenophobic viewpoints.

Last edited:

Bullshit, smoke and mirrors? (That's really all the Republican have since 2009)

Were you talking about the Recovery Act of 2009?

Breakdown of Funding

Forum List

Back