The State Of The Union Address

As SOTU speeches go, it wasn't too bad, had some good moments, was about as bipartisan as you'll get in one of these things. He didn't have my head banging in frustration on the desk more than a half dozen times or so. He was a bit more animated than he has been lately, but the speech itself I think will be judged pretty flat and won't go down in history as great oratory. Not much memorable to take from it.

Best line: He will veto earmarks in any bill that comes to him. If he sticks with that he'll get some approval points. I'll believe it when I see it if the earmarks are put there by Democrats though. The biggest disappointment is that he is obviously still not serious in significant cuts in spending and balancing the budget.

Fuzzy Math II - You never saw us coming.

...and the President sees his shadow and returns to the White House, which means six more years of deficit spending.

I think smoked salmon will be the highlight for me.

:) That was a good line.

I would have jumped to my feet and started emailing cheers if he had said that government departments don't just need to be streamlined but we can do without at least half of them and he is going to start consolidating and shutting them down. Hard to do though when he still defends a healthcare overhaul that creates more than a hundred new ones.

Before he even starts, Fox broadcasters say Obama and Democrats want to waste money on "education" and "teachers". Scoff at building the nations infrastructure. Make fun of America competing with India and China.

I think watching Fox is very interesting. They hate this country, they hate this president. They are the voice of the right wing.

omg, you watch Fox just to come on here and rant?
you ever hear bout a shut off button.:lol::cuckoo:

I think it's important to see what enemies of America are saying.

Bret Hume, stayed with the theme. Don't waste money on roads and bridges and education. Use any money to pay down the deficit and cut corporate tax. Love it.

How can Paul Ryan lie with such a straight face. His nose should be growing. Republicans hold hostage millions of unemployed to give another trillion to millionaires and billionaires and Ryan is saying nothing about that. What is it with Republicans? Are they all dirty?

How can Paul Ryan lie with such a straight face. His nose should be growing. Republicans hold hostage millions of unemployed to give another trillion to millionaires and billionaires and Ryan is saying nothing about that. What is it with Republicans? Are they all dirty?

All? No. This one? Yes.

For every dirty Republican, there is a dirty Democrat.

It's been said, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human stupidity.

Obama got the Orange Boner to cry.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was saddened to hear that his father was a janitor.:eek:

Bar owner. You of all people should have appreciated that.

Ya I knew that.. comedic license... He was described as someone sweeping a bar room floor.:lol:

Still... the Boner was the only one crying...

My father was a commercial movie writer for the Boeing Corporation and in later life a teacher in commercial communication at several Western Washington high schools.. I never saw him with a broom in his hand.

I don't drink very much. There are better places to meet chicks than bars.

Holy Crap! before this speech his numbers were 41 per cent approval of his vision..tonight 88 percent. Overall approval of speech by those that watched 91 per cent...8 per cent disapproval. That is an astounding turnaround. Man O man..that guy has one motherfucking silver tongue!

Obama got the Orange Boner to cry.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was saddened to hear that his father was a janitor.:eek:

Ya I knew that.. comedic license... He was described as someone sweeping a bar room floor.:lol:

My father was a commercial movie writer for the Boeing Corporation and in later life a teacher in commercial communication at several Western Washington high schools.. I never saw him with a broom in his hand.

Pretty sure Boehner was sticking a pin into his arm during the speech.

Pretty sure Boehner was sticking a pin into his arm during the speech.

He did look drunk as usual. Maybe he had to pinch himself to stay focused..perhaps that is what made him cry.

As SOTU speeches go, it wasn't too bad, had some good moments, was about as bipartisan as you'll get in one of these things. He didn't have my head banging in frustration on the desk more than a half dozen times or so. He was a bit more animated than he has been lately, but the speech itself I think will be judged pretty flat and won't go down in history as great oratory. Not much memorable to take from it.

Best line: He will veto earmarks in any bill that comes to him. If he sticks with that he'll get some approval points. I'll believe it when I see it if the earmarks are put there by Democrats though. The biggest disappointment is that he is obviously still not serious in significant cuts in spending and balancing the budget.

If an earmark is put in a bill by a Democrat will it still be called an "earmark" by the time it reaches the Whitehouse?

Forum List

Back