The State Of The Union Address

I won't listen to any speech by some scum sucking politician.

I'll read the text later so i don't have to endure the sycophantic standing ovations and the pregnant pauses while the speaker waits for adulation.

And besides since all politicians are consummate and pathological liars, I tend not to listen because i don't like being lied to. If i wanted someone to tell me lies, I'd hire a hooker and giver her a script.

Hmm I wonder who paid Obama's pimp for the lies he'll be telling tonight.

The same corporate keepers that Paid Bush's pimp.

I think a different set of corporate pimps but pimps all the same.

quite possibly. I expect that some level of corporate competition exists on that level as well.

It'll be another gala with Pelosi jumping up every 5 seconds to applaud and cheer her hero on. Poor Biden will get dragged along for the ride.

It will be another we inherited this mess. We are working for the good of the people. We passed historic legislation and Oh Yeah. Its the other guys fault.

I've got my pretzels in the bowl and the beer on ice. Will probably flip between the SOTU address and something I really want to watch like NCIS and NCIS LA.. Too bad the Walking Dead is on a break and Justified doesn't come back on till Feb.

Pelosi is in the cheap seats this time.

king'sdream_vs_obama'sdream.jpg

I have no interest in watching the dog and pony show.

In the 'teasers' we're getting from the media, I am expecting a sweeping accolade for the American greatness that will come if we just join hands and help the President usher us into the future. It will of course be a campaign speech veiled in lip service to bipartisanship and harmony as that was the last tactic that improved his approval rating.

I wish I could believe he was sincere about that, but he has too long a track record of support for extreme leftist ideology and radical statism and/or close associations with people advocating that. It is difficult for me to believe he has changed his spots and has given up his contempt for all who oppose him just because of the viscious attack on Gabrielle Gifford. I hope I am wrong.

Following Chinese President Hu Jintao's high-profile visit to Washington last week, Obama will make the case for renewed investment in American education, research and infrastructure, citing Chinese advances in high-speed rail, clean technology and higher education. With the pomp and circumstance of last week's state dinner still lingering in the minds of his public, Obama will press the point that America's fiercest competition lies not within her borders, but across an ocean.

Yet for all the stagecraft -- and statecraft -- that would seem to push forward Obama's vision for America's future, the president's remarks will also have to directly address a powerful Republican opposition. House GOP members will have passed a measure, only hours earlier, that will take a machete to government programs in a bid to slash $2.5 trillion from the federal deficit.

Though the vote is largely symbolic, the proposed casualties -- among them, education, transportation and medical research -- reflect a fundamental difference of opinion. On the one hand, those who believe that the country must immediately tackle the looming federal deficit, while on the other, those who would focus on strategic investment in American infrastructure, waiting for a stronger economic climate before addressing the nation's mounting debt.
Obama's State of the Union: Meditations on an Emergency

I have heard again and again that the President will speak glowingly of investing in America's future. "Investment" to a leftist has always been a code word for massive government spending. I don't expect that to be any different tonight.

Last edited:
I imagine it will be something about how our lack of further progress is rooted in partisanship, a need to share a common vision and uncivil discourse. That government will push forward to create jobs through the green industry, a regulatory overall and the benefits of Obamacare.

When the President's on, you watch. That's how I was grown, anyway. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant.

I've seen enough of the Obama speaking to last me a lifetime. He invaded our t.v sets every friggen week.

Plus I get a kink in my neck when I watch him and my eyes glaze over from that damn Monotone speaking, and then we have the PREACHING. ICK ICK

May just be you and me Valerie. But I have my laptop set up in front of the big screen, ice water at my side, and now watching the cabinet arrive.

Before he even starts, Fox broadcasters say Obama and Democrats want to waste money on "education" and "teachers". Scoff at building the nations infrastructure. Make fun of America competing with India and China.

I think watching Fox is very interesting. They hate this country, they hate this president. They are the voice of the right wing.

When the President's on, you watch. That's how I was grown, anyway. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant.

When this President shows respect for his citizens and treats us like intelligent people instead of pawns ot be manipulated I'll watch. In the mean time, I'll not waste my time on his campaign speeches and ego boosting applause. I'm tired of the generalities and broken promises.

Before he even starts, Fox broadcasters say Obama and Democrats want to waste money on "education" and "teachers". Scoff at building the nations infrastructure. Make fun of America competing with India and China.

I think watching Fox is very interesting. They hate this country, they hate this president. They are the voice of the right wing.

omg, you watch Fox just to come on here and rant?
you ever hear bout a shut off button.:lol::cuckoo:

Sorry bout that,

1. Opens with story of shooting in AZ, they pan camera over to real Hero who saved Giffords life.
2. The crowd supports Obamas unity talk, :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back