The State of The State

W

wonderwench

As a Californian who voted to recall Gray Davis (thank the Goddess that slimeball is no longer Governor), I am thrilled with Arnold's first State of the State speech.

- No new taxes
- We do not have a budget problem, we have a spending problem
- He is willing to bypass the career pols and take issues straight to the voters.

I haven't felt this positive about CA in years. Arnold Rocks!

It's also refreshing to have a governor who has some charisma and a sense of humor. Leadership is about style as much as substance.

Here's the text of the speech:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/7650329.htm

I'm getting used to it.

Better Kahleefohnya than Mexifornication.

His best move so far was to repeal that abomination which would have allowed illegal aliens to get drivers licenses and vote, without being citizens.

Originally posted by wonderwench
I'm getting used to it.

Better Kahleefohnya than Mexifornication.

His best move so far was to repeal that abomination which would have allowed illegal aliens to get drivers licenses and vote, without being citizens.

Which does bring us around to the current administration's announcement.

I'm of a mixed opinion. We need to get tabs on the people here for security purposes, but rewarding law breakers , is kinda bad too. Where's your noodle?

We need some type of guest worker program. I am still evaluating my opinions on the Bush proposal. The one bit I am displeased with so far is that their is not a condition that Mexico extradite criminals who commit crimes in the U.S. and then seek sanctuary in Mexico. This should be part of the program.

I am a too!

I also like the fact that he doesn't need the existing career political machine. He has no need for a government pension or to dole out patronage jobs to his cronies. He has complete free to shake things up. We sorely need it.

Forum List

Back