the state of the rich

sheree

Rookie
Aug 7, 2011
why is it that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? I am 58 years old and I have never owned a home. I am so tired of living from paycheck to paycheck. the rich always seem to have what ever they want. when the poor ask for help they just get laughed at and they get no help. the rich get driven around in shiny new cars and the poor are lucky to own a 12 year old car, then they have to buy insurance and gas and that fixes i so they can not buy much in food. WHEN WILL IT GET BETTER?:doubt::(:(

why is it that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? I am 58 years old and I have never owned a home. I am so tired of living from paycheck to paycheck. the rich always seem to have what ever they want. when the poor ask for help they just get laughed at and they get no help. the rich get driven around in shiny new cars and the poor are lucky to own a 12 year old car, then they have to buy insurance and gas and that fixes i so they can not buy much in food. WHEN WILL IT GET BETTER?:doubt::(:(

Get up off your ass and work harder.

Who's stopping you from improving yourself financially ?

Waiting for a handout from someone ?

Get off your ass and do something to better yourself financially, vs. bitching about it on on Internet forum.

Get up off your ass and work harder.

Sheep says baaaaaa

sheep_off_cliff.jpg

Americans work twice as hard for their money and get paid half of what they used to get.

The American Dream is a myth.

Get off your ass and do something to better yourself financially, vs. bitching about it on on Internet forum.

only rthe rich get handouts.

Americans work twice as hard for their money and get paid half of what they used to get.

It might be for you. It isn't for me. Or my family.

So you're a miserable failure.

Tissue ?

Marat Sade
Four years after the revolution
and the old kings execution
Four years after remember how
those portia took their final bow

String up every aristocrat
Out with the priests and let then live on their fat!

Four years after we started fighting
Marat keeps up with his writing
Four years after the bastille fell
He still recalls the old battle yell

Down with all of the ruling class
Throw all the generals out on their ass!

Why do they have the gold?
Why do they have the power why why why why why?
Do they have the friends at the top?

Why do they have the jobs at the top?

We've got nothing always had nothing
Nothing but holes and millions of them
Living in holes
Dying in holes
Holes in our bellies and
Holes in our clothes

Marat we're poor
And the poor stay poor
Marat don't make us wait any more
We want our rights and we don't care how
We want a revolution
Now

Four years he fought and he fought unafraid
Sniffing down traitors by traitors betrayed
Marat in the courtroom
Marat underground
Sometimes the otter and sometimes the hound

Fighting all the gentry and fighting every priest
The business man the bourgeois the military beast
Marat always ready to stifle every scheme
Of the sons of the ass licking dying regime

We've got new generals our leaders are new
They sit and they argue and all that they do
is sell their own colleagues
And ride upon their backs
Or jail them
Or break them
Or give them all the ax
Screaming in language that no one understand
Of the rights that we grab with our own bleeding hands
When we wiped out the bosses
And stormed threw the wall of the prison you told us would outlast us all

Marat we're poor
And the poor stay poor
Marat don't make us wait any more.
We want a revolution
Now

Poor old marat they hunt you down
The bloodhounds are sniffing all over the town
Just yesterday your printing press was smashed
Now their asking your home address

Poor old Marat in you we trust
You work till your eyes turn as red a rust
But while you write their on your track
The boots mount the staircase
The doors thrown back

Poor old marat we trust in you

Marat we're poor
And the poor stay poor
We want a revolution

now!

Last edited:

So you're a miserable failure.

Tissue ?

He can't afford tissues?

Damn, he really is a failure. :lol:

The rich get incentive to invest their money in creating wealth. The poor get free food, health care and housing. Plus they aren't expected to contribute. In America today you can see this entitlement mentality in families when the children grow up and perpetuate the same cycle of being poor and living off government aide and programs for lower income family's. They learn the system and how to manage it and take part in it just like their parents did. And they also get help from well meaning bureaucrats who excel at their jobs of helping those less advantaged individuals among us who need a handout because they are unable to take a hand up due to being raised in the welfare system.

Folks don't seem too sympathetic to your plight, and I'll leave it up to you to decide if they are right or wrong....

...but there is an economic reality to consider.

Taxes prevent folks from becoming rich, and from moving up on the economic scale...

While I don't buy the myth "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer," consider this:

one does not pay (federal) tax on what you own already...only on the money you earn on the way to acquiring same. So, the 'rich' keep their possessions untouched by taxes...you get hammered.

It's called EDUCATION babe. and you don't get an education by posting communist shit on a message board.

Marat Sade
Four years after the revolution
and the old kings execution
Four years after remember how
those portia took their final bow

String up every aristocrat
Out with the priests and let then live on their fat!

Four years after we started fighting
Marat keeps up with his writing
Four years after the bastille fell
He still recalls the old battle yell

Down with all of the ruling class
Throw all the generals out on their ass!

Why do they have the gold?
Why do they have the power why why why why why?
Do they have the friends at the top?

Why do they have the jobs at the top?

We've got nothing always had nothing
Nothing but holes and millions of them
Living in holes
Dying in holes
Holes in our bellies and
Holes in our clothes

Marat we're poor
And the poor stay poor
We want a revolution
Now

Four years he fought and he fought unafraid
Sniffing down traitors by traitors betrayed
Marat in the courtroom
Marat underground
Sometimes the otter and sometimes the hound

Fighting all the gentry and fighting every priest
The business man the bourgeois the military beast
Marat always ready to stifle every scheme
Of the sons of the ass licking dying regime

We've got new generals our leaders are new
They sit and they argue and all that they do
is sell their own colleagues
And ride upon their backs
Or jail them
Or break them
Or give them all the ax
Screaming in language that no one understand
Of the rights that we grab with our own bleeding hands
When we wiped out the bosses
And stormed threw the wall of the prison you told us would outlast us all

Marat we're poor
And the poor stay poor
Marat don't make us wait any more.
We want a revolution
Now

Poor old marat they hunt you down
The bloodhounds are sniffing all over the town
Just yesterday your printing press was smashed
Now their asking your home address

But while you write their on your track
The boots mount the staircase
The doors thrown back

Poor old marat we trust in you

Marat we're poor
And the poor stay poor
We want a revolution

now!

Techy...you tricky devil.

Of couse you think there is some cosmic plot to keep poor folks poor....and you obfuscate by weaving in Marat and the French Revolution.

1. Over 90% of millionaires in the US made their money...they didn't inherit it....unless their name was Ted Kennedy.

2. Our 'poor' are the richest poor folks in the world.

3. Marat was the nascent Che Guevara.

4. The French Revolution was the opposite of the American Revolution, producing an abattoir rather than a democracy.

Sounded good, though.

It's called EDUCATION babe. and you don't get an education by posting communist shit on a message board.

Where? Regent U? LOLOL. Everyone knows the rightie-base hates school-larnin'.

Last edited:

by everyone of course you mean the kool aid drinkers of KOS.. yeah we know.

Your clichés were old when you were a kid! Next, you’ll tell me to ‘look before you leap!’

I can never decide whether you hand-wringers are stupid, or merely uneducated.

In either case, let me help:

"Poor" Americans today are better housed, better fed, and own more property than did the average U.S. citizen throughout much of the 20th Century. In 1988, the per capita expenditures of the lowest income fifth of the U.S. population exceeded the per capita expenditures of the median American household in 1955, after adjusting for inflation."
How Poor are Americas Poor

From above:

Examining "Poverty" in America:

In addition to the serious deficiencies of the Census Bureau's measurement of income, the government's view of what constitutes "poverty" would be surprising to most Americans. Government data on the possessions of officially poor households starkly contradict the general public understanding of what it means to be "poor."

Example: Nearly a third of all "poor" American households have microwave ovens.11

Example: Sixty-two percent of "poor" households own a car, truck or van. Fourteen percent own two or more cars.12

Example: According to government figures, over 22,000 "poor" households have a heated swimming pool or a Jacuzzi.13

Today, officially "poor" households are more likely to own common consumer durables such as televisions and refrigerators than the average family in the 1950s. In 1930, nearly two-thirds of U.S. households did not own a radio; over half had no form of refrigeration.

Among the poor today, less than one percent lack a refrigerator.14

Seventeen percent of U.S. households in "poverty" have automatic dishwashers, well above the rate for the general West European population in 1980.15

Among America's "poor" there are 344 cars per 1,000 persons.16 This is roughly the same ratio as exists for the total population of the United Kingdom.

A poor American is 40 percent more likely to own a car than the average Japanese; 30 times more likely than the average Pole; and 50 times more likely than the average Mexican.17

Now, a pop quiz: what have we learned from this lesson, besides the fact that you are a dolt?

Mainly, that you are one of the easily manipulated, who would rather live by bumper-stickers than educate yourself.

Whether the rich have inherited or earned their wealth, they have had to earn their lives by working harder and smarter than the rest of the population, in order to keep their treasures and make them grow. And please don't think they have fewer problems than you. They have, in different ways. For contentment, look for the things you DO have in your life, that you might enjoy and start appreciating, rather than comparing and complaining, and looking for someone to "rescue" you. It isn't going to happen. "One of these days is none of these days."

Yet it was democrats cheating for students across the nation.

Forum List

Back