The sport coat vs. the suit jacket...

Three piece...NEVER off the shelf..expensive tie double windsor.. matching kerchief folded smartly ...arrow L/S shirt for comfort and for the coup d'gras.. Some real expensive looking color co-ordinated western boots and matching belt for a MAN'S accent. Never underwear.. go commando.. women like the subtle but unmistakable sexy touch.

Just sayin..That's how I do it.

Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top - YouTube
Yes! Being dressed to the nines can get you things that would otherwise be standard.

However, though I haven't looked it up in any authoritative directory, I believe the Windsor knot terms are "half Windsor" and "full Windsor"...not "Windsor" and "Double Windsor". It's not that I really care, but I have had several compliments on how symmetrical my full Windsors appear....always a perfect triangle and always centered under the collar points.

Cheerio

Three piece...NEVER off the shelf..expensive tie double windsor.. matching kerchief folded smartly ...arrow L/S shirt for comfort and for the coup d'gras.. Some real expensive looking color co-ordinated western boots and matching belt for a MAN'S accent. Never underwear.. go commando.. women like the subtle but unmistakable sexy touch.

Just sayin..That's how I do it.

Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top - YouTube
Yes! Being dressed to the nines can get you things that would otherwise be standard.

However, though I haven't looked it up in any authoritative directory, I believe the Windsor knot terms are "half Windsor" and "full Windsor"...not "Windsor" and "Double Windsor". It's not that I really care, but I have had several compliments on how symmetrical my full Windsors appear....always a perfect triangle and always centered under the collar points.

Cheerio

Hey! What do I know? A silk tie has a high crush value. I wanna make it look like an ascot when I'm done knotting it up! :lol:

Had a dark chocolate French velvet three piece suit custom built in Lauderdale when I first embarked on big time smugglin. It cost 700 bucks in 1975. Strangely one would think it gaudy..not so when the velvet is very high thread count and cut very close to the fabric. In medium light it just looks like a somewhat rich brown..then light hits it and it's "showtime". Dressing well just opens more doors. Isn't THAT the point of a date?

The secret is to look like money with excellent taste. Not like a pimp.. like ADVENTURE!

Maybe times have changed.. but when I was young and good looking women wanted to be taken out ...out of their every day lives. A promise of excitement.. a hint of danger.. Something different.. something a cut better.

A tip on purchasing western boots.. and a hat if ya wanna go a touch more Western.

One word ...Stetson got mine in New York City on 5th Avenue.

Stetson Hat Retail Store New York City.com : Shop : Map & Directions

Frye still makes the best affordable Western boot.

For cowboy boots I only wear Lucchese or Tony Lana in exotic shins like elephant, alligator, python, etc.

I have at least a dozen pair in various colors that usually match or compliment the shirt I am wearing under my sport coat.

Never wore the hat though. :cool:

For cowboy boots I only wear Lucchese or Tony Lana in exotic shins like elephant, alligator, python, etc.

I have at least a dozen pair in various colors that usually match or compliment the shirt I am wearing under my sport coat.

Cowboys don't wear the boots you are talking about. I had a horse and wrangled cattle with Monty the cutting horse from Montana as a youth. The cowboys job is dirty and abraisive(brush, thorny bushes etc).. your feet get wet crossing streams. They might wear fancy boots at a rodeo but that's exhibition..not cowboying.

I would NEVER own anything made from the body parts of endangered species like the elephant.

As for western accessories I draw the line at the western belt buckle. They look stupid. Like bull horns on an El Dorado.

Ranch cowboy boots are generally the low heeled and more rounded toe caller "ropers" and made from regular leather.

I just wear the around town and businessmans cowboy boots.

The only endangered skins that I own are sea turtle and aardvark (ant eater) which you can't purchase in the U.S. any more.

Only african elephants are on the endangered list.

So elephant skin cowboy boots use Asian elephant skins which are still imported and used in the U.S. for boot making. :cool:

Cowboys don't wear the boots you are talking about. I had a horse and wrangled cattle with Monty the cutting horse from Montana as a youth. The cowboys job is dirty and abraisive(brush, thorny bushes etc).. your feet get wet crossing streams. They might wear fancy boots at a rodeo but that's exhibition..not cowboying.

I would NEVER own anything made from the body parts of endangered species like the elephant.

As for western accessories I draw the line at the western belt buckle. They look stupid. Like bull horns on an El Dorado.

A western belt buckle is a tombstone for a dead dick.

Another mistake I see is not matching your shoe color to belt color.

Black shoes > black belt

Brown shoes > brown belt

Burgundy shoes > burgundy belt

And try to make the shade of color match as close as possible. :cool:

Forum List

Back