The Speech of a Psychopath

Psychopaths cannot feel with empathy and are incapable of seeing they are wrong. They can have emotions like every one else but they cannot have what we call 'gut feeling' or feeling from the heart. Because they don't feel they are unaware that others feel. This leads them to have no conscience if they hurt another.

Life is just a game to them.

At some time they have been harmed to a level that was so severe their inner feeling self shut down. Most of them are probably even unaware that they are psychopaths and many of them are extremely successful.

Last edited:
Psychopaths cannot feel with empathy and are incapable of seeing they are wrong. They can have emotions like every one else but they cannot have what we call 'gut feeling' or feeling from the heart. Because they don't feel they are unaware that others feel. This leads them to have no conscience if they hurt another.

At some time they have been harmed to a level that was so severe their inner feeling self shut down. Most of them are probably even unaware that they are psychopaths and many of them are extremely successful.

This reads like text book learning and not of real life experiences. While it isn't necessarily wrong... the study is horridly flawed because it slants toward the wrong conclusions.

Also, on the flip side, the hesitancy, or the pauses in speech may be because many dubbed psychopaths 'fish' for controlling their audiences... many are also quite accomplished at it most naturally. What better way to tap into someone else's obvious emotion than to shed one's own? There is far less interference for them to do so.

Analyses of the PCL-R reveal that it comprises at least three overlapping, but separable, constellations of traits: interpersonal deficits (such as grandiosity, arrogance and deceitfulness), affective deficits (lack of guilt and empathy, for instance), and impulsive and criminal behaviors (including sexual promiscuity and stealing).

Recently, a small study showed that bosses are four times more likely to be psychopaths than the general population. The finding was reported in the book Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work. However, the number of psychopaths among business bosses is still low -- comprising 4 percent of them, in the study -- while 1 percent of the general population have psychopathic tendencies.

No economic system can harness the creatives/destructive potential of the sociopoathic personality better than capitalism.

It is my theory that societies, now and in the past, have mostly been driven/led by sociopathic personalities.

Just think about it what it takes to be a leader and you'll understand why a lack of empathy and/or the inability to feel guilt is advantageous in social situations

Sociopathic personalities can make the truly hard decisions that more empathic people cannot. They can (and do) cheat lie and steal to attain their goals.

It is entirely possible (in fact I think it highly likely) that most of the world's greatest leaders were hovering closer to the sociopathic personality type THAN NOT.

This would include all the obvious villians, of course.

But it probably also includes most of the heroic type leaders that many of us adore, too.

This reads like text book learning and not of real life experiences. While it isn't necessarily wrong... the study is horridly flawed because it slants toward the wrong conclusions.

It isn't text book learning. It is my own experience of psychopaths and my own experience of rogerian counselling. You haven't said where it has come to the wrong conclusions

Also, on the flip side, the hesitancy, or the pauses in speech may be because many dubbed psychopaths 'fish' for controlling their audiences... many are also quite accomplished at it most naturally. What better way to tap into someone else's obvious emotion than to shed one's own? There is far less interference for them to do so.

I wasn't that impressed with the OP. When someone is avoiding the police their behaviour will be different. Nonetheless a pretty basic description of a psychopath is as I described.

They dont understand the definitions of words.

Much like they claim we are not a democracy contrary to all the dictionaries and encyclopedias in the world say
Well, I do understand what a constitutional republic is and know that the USA is exactly that.

And, I do know that a bigot is someone who is intolerant of differing beliefs, creeds, opinions, like you are.

But, all I do is use words according to their definitions.

Now, where is that link I asked for where it says that a sign of sociopathy is changing definitions, as you said? ;) Were you lying when you said that?

Last edited:
From the link:
Psychopaths Share Similar Speech Patterns When Detailing Their Crimes, Study Shows . . . Psychopaths also used more "ums" and "uhs", which researchers say indicate attempts to imply that retelling their crimes is difficult.

Maybe it's because they go almost entirely to their right brains in remembering their actions, as they become so involved in that telling. Left brain tends to control word fluency, right brain action.

The report wasn't so far off, as cognitive dysfunction is obviously an issue and focusing well enough on specific details and such can be very difficult to a person who has become disconnected from the commonly accepted reality(ies).

While I have read extensively I have also had personal experiences in both extremes. As for harnessing the creative/manipulative influences/powers of such individuals it seems more likely we'd best stick (as whole society) more on the common folk who resort to crimes that those dubbed psychopaths are pegged for.

The reports major flaw, in merely my opinion, is that those hesitancies in speech are not enough basis to publicize such a study. Some things should honestly be kept more private and not exploited by media sources. That is what I had mentioned, again, in the OP and that is primarily the direction I was aiming toward. I would hope that anyone coming across it would understand it is not a defining factor for psychopaths... or sociopaths... or any other path. ;)

Forum List

Back