The specious assumption about about the DPRK

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Trump Administration officials seem to be handling the DPRK as though Kim Jung Un (KJU) wants a decrease in the tension between it and the rest of the world. I think that assuming that to be the case is errant.

As a chess player, I'm well aware that the key to success is creating imbalances (tension) and exploiting it. I think that is exactly how KJU sees the "game" of brinksmanship he's fomented and into which he's drawn the U.S. I think the man has the aim of being seen by the world as a "key player" and by attracting the attention of the U.S. by way of threatening our ally South Korea and the U.S. directly, in his mind, he's achieved that.

Quite simply, KJU is "bat sh*t crazy" and needs to be dealt with accordingly. What's "accordingly" mean? In my mind it means passing classified legislation that authorizes his assassination. I see no basis for his being mollified by anything we might do.

It would have to be done so covertly that reversing Carter's EO would be a bad idea...just do it and deny everything...

Bah. Pyongyang's days were already numbered. That's a forgone conclusion as a consequence of every other power in the region with a stake in the pacific rim needing to stabilize it. That includes Russia, China, Japan, and the US. Combine Trump's Infrastructure development plans and China's silk road project, there's gonna be major economic and geopolitical change in the area. This stuff started a few years back with the creation of the asian infrastructure development bank along with the brics bank.

Forum List

Back