The South, the North East, or California?

What region will dominate US politics for the next few decades?

• The South

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • The North East

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • California

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other or no specific region

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Abortion and gay rights...? Haven't seen the Dems whipping anyone into a frenzy over those non-issues.

how about the dems demonizing rich people,most who are decent people,who give alot back to their communities,but they are all fuckers.....how about the Dems saying ANYONE who is against ILLEGAL immigration is a racist.....if your for unregistered guns you are a potential danger,not the crimminals...YOU ARE....

Historically, I think it's been the NE, so I'll go with that choice. I'd like for it to be the South, but I'm afraid we'll end up with the short end of the stick as usual. If the South persists in its support of religious politics, though, we probably deserve the short end of the stick this time around.

Why is it no one has actually talked with what I've talked about? I'm talking about worldviews, they are diametrically opposed (Liberal versus Conservative: Post-Christian versus Christian). This does not mean they are insulting or that people even think about it.

But, if you have a policy to decide upon, Southerners, and North-Easterners will answer them differently.

This is why the South is mostly Republican and the North is mostly Democrat, because the parties shifted to reflect ideologies rather than interest groups.

Subsequently, the South did not become Republican because of the Civil Rights movement, the Republicans in the South are the upper classes of whites, who were never very supportive of Segregation nor were they very racist. The poor and racist whites were mostly rural and were able to create malapportioned districts in their favor to limit the political power of blacks and scalawags and carpetbaggers and what have you.

That is to say that because more Southerners became wealthier and higher income, they became Republicans.

Forum List

Back