The Sound You Heard Was The Clash Of Civilizations

Hobbit said:
I'm thinking of joining up, too. WWIII won't fight itself, you know. However, my parents aren't so supportive of the idea, and haven't been since my ordeal at the Naval Academy, after which, one of my, like, cousins once removed, a 20 year Navy vet, said that the Navy was no place for me. I think they'll support me if I do join, but I'm getting resistance. I, personally, think they just want me live a long life, but my uncle put his life on the line in the Cold War to keep me safe from the Soviets and his father (my granddad) spent 4 years of his life fighting in the biggest naval and amphibious battles ever fought by manking, and he was on the outer ring of the carrier group, too. I'm feel it's time I carry on the family tradition and make sure my kids don't have to fear suicide bombers or beheadings, after I finish college.

What ordeal at the Naval Academy? Are you still attending the Academy or another University? Just curious as a local kid from VC is in his Junior year and loves the Naval Academy!

archangel said:
What ordeal at the Naval Academy? Are you still attending the Academy or another University? Just curious as a local kid from VC is in his Junior year and loves the Naval Academy!

Hobbit, I remember what you wrote regarding the NA. I would suggest you contact Eddie, NATO AIR about the Navy. I know he does not regret his service, but may have made a different choice in branch. I'll not speak for him, but will say he's more than willing to speak to you in emails! He's fairly close in age too!

USMCDevilDog said:
If this war does come, which it will, how will Europe and the U.S. fight it? I'm trying to find a strategy there but all I can think of is just running right through the Middle East, but that'd cause riots and such from Muslims in America and Europe, so, if and when this war starts, how will we fight it?

Thats my question too. But i can promise you the people trying to start it know what they are doing. they have a plan.

USMCDevilDog said:
You're not alone. I've had that feeling for a long time, America is going to get invaded or have a in-country war soon, I just know it, but I still hope I'm wrong.

You aren't wrong. We will have a civil war. You think the libs are going to be happy when roe v wade is overturned? or do you think the rest of the country is going to be happy when libs force gay marriage on people. Some peopple think these social matters are unimportant, but the cultural divide is a heck of alot more important than how much congress is spending in a year.

Man I hope that's the last thing that happens. If we ever have a Civil War again it'll be ignored by the American people, they'll know it's going on but they won't recognize it ya know?

It keeps going and going, when the hell will they realize that they're about to get their asses handed to them....

Protesters Torch Danish Mission in Beirut By JOSEPH PANOSSIAN, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago

Muslim rage over caricatures of the prophet Muhammad grew increasingly violent Sunday as thousands of rampaging protesters — undaunted by tear gas and water cannons — torched the Danish mission and ransacked a Christian neighborhood. At least one person reportedly died and about 200 were detained, officials said.

Muslim clerics denounced the violence, with some wading into the mobs trying to stop them. Copenhagen ordered Danes to leave the country or stay indoors in the second day of attacks on its diplomatic outposts in the Middle East.

In Beirut, a day after violent protests in neighboring Syria, the crowd broke through a cordon of troops and police that had encircled the embassy. Security forces fired tear gas and loosed their weapons into the air to stop the onslaught.

The protesters, armed with stones and sticks, damaged police and fire vehicles and threw stones at a Maronite Catholic church in the wealthy Ashrafieh area — a Christian neighborhood where the Danish Embassy is located.

Flames and smoke billowed from the 10-story building, which also houses the Austrian Embassy and the residence of Slovakia's consul. Protesters waved green and black Islamic flags from broken windows and tossed papers and filing cabinets outside.

Witnesses said one protester, apparently overcome by smoke, jumped from a window and was rushed to the hospital. Security officials said he died.

Thirty people were injured, half of them members of the security forces, officials said, making it the most violent in a string of demonstrations across the Muslim world. All the injuries were from beatings and stones.

Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said before meeting with top Islamic leaders that about 200 people were detained, and police said they included 76 Syrians, 35 Palestinians and 38 Lebanese.

The first apparent victim of the political fallout from the violence was Interior Minister Hassan Sabei, who submitted his resignation. It was not immediately clear if the resignation was accepted.

Sabei said authorities had tried to prevent the protest from turning violent.

"Things got out of hand when elements that had infiltrated into the ranks of the demonstrators broke through security shields," he said. "The one remaining option was an order to shoot, but I was not prepared to order the troops to shoot Lebanese citizens."

Sabei, like other Lebanese politicians and Grand Mufti Mohammed Rashid Kabbani, spiritual leader of Lebanon's Sunni Muslims, suggested Islamic radicals had fanned the anger.

Kabbani said outsiders among the protesters were trying to "distort the image of Islam."

The United States accused the Syrian government of backing the protests in Lebanon and Syria.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in a statement that the resentment over the caricatures "cannot justify violence, least of all when directed at people who have no responsibility for, or control over, the publications in question."

The Danish Foreign Ministry urged Danes to leave Lebanon. The violence Saturday in Damascus prompted a similar warning.

"The government has no intention to insult Muslims," Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller said on public radio in Copenhagen. "We are trying to explain to everyone that enough is enough."

The Syrian state-run daily newspaper Al-Thawra said Denmark was to blame because its government had not apologized for the September publication of the caricatures in Jyllands-Posten.

The drawings — including one depicting the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse — have since been republished in several European and New Zealand newspapers as a statement on behalf of a free press.

In Malaysia, an editor at a small newspaper on remote Borneo Island resigned for reprinting the caricatures and, in a statement Monday, the newspaper apologized and expressed "profound regret over the unauthorized publication." The Sunday Tribune was the only newspaper in mainly Muslim Malaysia to reprint any of the caricatures, and a government official warned that the newspaper may lose its license if it fails to give a satisfactory explanation.

Islamic law is interpreted to forbid any depictions of the Prophet Muhammad for fear they could lead to idolatry.

Denmark's Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said he disapproves of the caricatures, but insisted he cannot apologize on behalf of his country's independent press.

Thousands also took to the streets elsewhere in the Muslim world and parts of Europe, including some 3,000 Afghans who burned a Danish flag and demanding that the editors at Jyllands-Posten be prosecuted for blasphemy.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai urged forgiveness.

"God instructs us to forgive. Therefore, we — as much as we condemn it strongly — must stay above this dispute and not bring ourselves ... to equating ourselves to those who have published the cartoons," he said on CNN's "Late Edition."

Stepping up the pressure, the Islamic Army in Iraq, a key group in the insurgency fighting U.S.-led and Iraqi forces, posted a second Internet statement Sunday calling for violence against citizens of countries where the caricatures have been published.

A Lebanese security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to speak to the press, said Danish diplomats had evacuated the mission in Beirut two days earlier, anticipating the protests.

The protesters, who came in buses from all over Lebanon, waved flags and banners.

"There is no god but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God!" they shouted as they pushed against riot police.

Many Muslim clerics were among them.

"Regretfully, the march did more harm to the prophet than it did good," said Sunni Sheik Ibrahim Ibrahim, who was in the crowd. He said he and others tried to stop the mob, but "we got stones and insults."

European leaders also urged calm and respect — both for religion and freedom of the press.

"The violence now, particularly the burning of Danish missions abroad, is absolutely outrageous and totally unjustified, and what we want to see is this matter being calmed down," British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said in London, adding that the media must exercise its free speech privilege responsibly.

Lebanon's most senior Shiite Muslim cleric, Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah, issued an edict banning violence, saying it "harms Islam and Prophet Muhammad the same as the others (the publishers of the cartoons) did."

But Iran's Foreign Ministry announced Tehran had recalled its ambassador to Denmark, joining Syria, Saudi Arabia and Libya in pulling diplomatic representatives.

Iraqi Transport Minister Salam al-Maliki also said his country would cancel its contracts with Danish firms and reject reconstruction money from Copenhagen.

Fuck this, all their people are under ATTACK by these fucking animals worldwide for nothing that they did. These mindless muslims need to be wiped off the face of the planet.

Forum List

Back