The Sound of Settled Science: Evolution Edition

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I'm old enough to remember when the story was mouse sized mammals emerged after the dinosaurs became extinct thanks to an asteroid.

Surprising elephant-sized mammal cousin lived alongside dinosaurs

“We think it’s one of the most unexpected fossil discoveries from the Triassic of Europe,” said paleontologist Grzegorz Niedzwiedzki of Uppsala University in Sweden.

Lisowicia, the largest-known non-dinosaur land animal alive at its time, was about 15 feet (4.5 meters) long, 8.5 feet (2.6 meters) tall and weighed 9 tons. The only other giants around at the time were early members of the dinosaur group called sauropods that had four legs, long necks and long tails.

Uh.

I'm old enough to remember when the story was mouse sized mammals emerged after the dinosaurs became extinct thanks to an asteroid.

“We think it’s one of the most unexpected fossil discoveries from the Triassic of Europe,” said paleontologist Grzegorz Niedzwiedzki of Uppsala University in Sweden.

Lisowicia, the largest-known non-dinosaur land animal alive at its time, was about 15 feet (4.5 meters) long, 8.5 feet (2.6 meters) tall and weighed 9 tons. The only other giants around at the time were early members of the dinosaur group called sauropods that had four legs, long necks and long tails.

Uh.
I have a very strange feeling that we are going to be more surprised about other mammals that live along side with the dinosaurs....

Uh.
I have a very strange feeling that we are going to be more surprised about other mammals that live along side with the dinosaurs....
Yep.

Uh.
Your critical reading skills are lacking.

I've read texts about that period.

The article even states it was a reptile.

There are several orders of animals. Birds. Mammals. Fish. Insects. Amphibians. Dinosaurs.

AND. Reptiles.

This was a Reptile. NOT A MAMMAL.

" that the group of mammal-like reptiles" They are emphasizing it's mammalian traits b/c that is what gets the views, not b/c it is the truth. It's the same with the BBC documentaries on the subject. It might have developed hair, whiskers, or had live births, but it was still genetically closer to reptiles. Somewhere in between a monotreme and a modern reptile.

Last edited:
b26cad88-287b-4e68-93a6-e4d1956dff99-EPA_USA_NEW_YORK_JUSTICE_GINSBURG_EVENT.1.jpg

You seem to be very confused about what is being said, here. Don't you ever kind of wish you understood these articles you post? I mean, how many times does a guy jave to embarrass himself before he takes the initiative to learn something?

Uh.
I have a feeling that your feelings mean less than nothing to objective facts. No, there were no large mammals alive with dinosaurs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back