The Sound is Driving Me Nuts...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I need some ear plugs or some pulls on bones "happy pipe". There is major urban redevelopment going on at my house and our rental house next door. At my house they are constructing a huge wrap-around poarch from the back kitchen door, all the way around the back of the house to the door that leads into the dining room on the opposite side of the house. When they finish that up they will extend the roof so it is covered. They are also tearing the shingles off the house so they can put a new roof and gutters on the house when they finish up with the addional roof they are adding. The delivery truck is dumping out the new siding and I'm told they will start to put in the new windows tomorrow. That's what's happening at my house. In the rental house next door (house we used to live in) they are tearing off the roof getting ready to reroof it and put on new gutters. Then new windows and siding. It's way too noisy around here.... All I can hear is hammers. Maybe I should just leave and come back in late September or later... Trouble is, everytime I try to leave somebody sticks their hand out and wants a check. HELP. PLEASE HELP.:eek:

Last edited:
Does it make you feel like this?

scanners1_1600.jpg

There is no hope, it will drive you nuts and then your head will explode. Sorry.

(Try putting in your ipod using earbuds that fit into your ears (not the stupid, crappy kind that come with the ipod). Sony makes some for about $30 or so, Target has them. You can really snug them into your ears and block out a lot of noise).

Forum List

Back