The Sony Cyber Attack: A Different Perspective

Has Hollywood gone too far? Is "art" just an excuse now for peddling sensationalist crap?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Then the Sony hack may have been a fraud and a stunt for publicity? A US excuse to go after N. Korea?

Even still. You don't publicize ANY promotion of assassinating ANY world leader. It looks bad to other world leaders who are thinking "Am I next on the American CIA's hit list?"...

Then the Sony hack may have been a fraud and a stunt for publicity? A US excuse to go after N. Korea?

Exactlty.

No way NK has the sophistication to conduct such a cyber attack.

IMore than likely that it was an inside job - disgruntled former employees . NK is being used as a scapegoat.

Even still. You don't publicize ANY promotion of assassinating ANY world leader. It looks bad to other world leaders who are thinking "Am I next on the American CIA's hit list?"...

Frankly, I think the worst thing we do with North Korea is that we treat it like a joke.

So we get Team America or The Interview or we repeat those hysterical stories about Kim Jong Un feeding his uncle to the dogs or executing his ex-mistress. (Neither of which turned out to be true, BTW).

What I'd like to see is documentaries done on what life is like in North Korea. Instead of a stupid comedy, do a drama showing what it was like to live in a country were people were reduced to eating grass at one point.

Get some very attractive Asian American actors and actresses to star in it.

Why do actors and actresses have to be "very attractive"? Some of the most compelling roles I've seen have been played by people that seem a bit hard on the eyes.

The Sony Cyber Attack: A Different Perspective

The Sony Cyber Attack: A REALLY Different Perspective

Did North Korea Hack Sony?
Laurence M. Vance

Did North Korea hack Sony? The criminal gang that is the government of North Korea says no. The equally criminal gang that is the government of the United States says yes. I see no reason to believe one over the other.

And this is why people think Libertarians are crazy.

I just think libertarians are childishly naive.

Why do actors and actresses have to be "very attractive"? Some of the most compelling roles I've seen have been played by people that seem a bit hard on the eyes.

Well, no, not really. and, yes, we do sympathize with people when they are attractive. It's why you don't see a lot of fat actors.

Now, the reality is, American Audiences don't really watch films with Asian leads. In fact, when a movie is set, they usually make the protagonist a white guy- The Killing Fields, The Last Samurai, that God-Awful 47 Ronin movie.

Denis Dun, an Asian American Actor, once pointed out that if you were an Asian Actor, you got to play one of the "Three G's", "Gooks, Geeks or Gangsters".

Well, no, not really. and, yes, we do sympathize with people when they are attractive. It's why you don't see a lot of fat actors.

I'm the opposite. I see an attractive person all done up to the nines and I run in the opposite direction or just shudder. Attractive people are almost always the most miserable human beings you will ever encounter. Their looks have paved such an easy highway for them in life that they feel entitled just by repetition. Their feeling of entitlement causes them to treat others, even those closest to them, like "the help". Their lack of the school of hard knocks makes them shallow, often more ignorant than their peers and always boring.

Any man (or woman) who chases or admires someone for their looks is in for a very rude awakening over the long haul. It's why the Hollowood marriages breaking up after just a few short years is so cliche'. Anyone would be well advised to only have a very peripheral association with such a person who is seen by society as "very attractive". An actress that sums this up for me more than any other is Cameron Diaz. I can only watch about 10 seconds of that woman talking like a cackling blithering ignoramous before I feel like reaching for my sidearm and ending my personal suffering right in my living room.

If you find yourself in the very unfortunate position of being an attractive person, dress yourself down. Don't wear makeup. Forget to shave for a day or so. Rumple your hair a little. Stand in bad lighting always. Then you and those around you will be much, much happier. You will be a more enlightened being who is fun to be around.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. I see an attractive person all done up to the nines and I run in the opposite direction or just shudder. Attractive people are almost always the most miserable human beings you will ever encounter.

Really, I thought the most miserable human being I could ever encounter is the one who starts a screaming thread every time a state legalizes gay marriage.

I'm the opposite. I see an attractive person all done up to the nines and I run in the opposite direction or just shudder. Attractive people are almost always the most miserable human beings you will ever encounter.

Really, I thought the most miserable human being I could ever encounter is the one who starts a screaming thread every time a state legalizes gay marriage.

Nope. It's attractive people, hands down.

Forum List

Back