THE Solution to the problem of illegal immigrants...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
...Annex Mexico and make it the 51st state. It's a win-win situation. We get access to Mexico's oil fields...we no longer have to worry about the Border Patrol stretching from the Gulf of Mexico to the Sea of Cortez...the maquiladoras just south of the border would have to come into compliance with US labor and environmental laws...Mexican workers would get a instant pay raises to match the wages of their US counter-parts...The flow of drugs along the US-Mexico border would cease...It's the perfect solution!

Bullypulpit said:
...Annex Mexico and make it the 51st state. It's a win-win situation. We get access to Mexico's oil fields...we no longer have to worry about the Border Patrol stretching from the Gulf of Mexico to the Sea of Cortez...the maquiladoras just south of the border would have to come into compliance with US labor and environmental laws...Mexican workers would get a instant pay raises to match the wages of their US counter-parts...The flow of drugs along the US-Mexico border would cease...It's the perfect solution!

Bully, can't say I disagree with you, but how what do you think Fox will think of this solution?

Bullypulpit said:
Faux News? Pat O'Reilly will just tell everyone to shut-up. :)

Too droll. You know I meant the President of Mexico. Pffttt.

Bullypulpit said:

Send that to your Senators and Congressman. :rolleyes:

Bullypulpit said:

I actually agree with you. the mexicans wouldnt have to travell all that way to get to the US just to ruin New MExico's, Texas', Arizona's and all the other southern states economies.

We could chop it up into 3 or 4 more states actually due to its land mass. US direct influence would then reach all the way down to central America. California would release alot of its population sprawl back into Mexico. The mexicans would become legal citizens and would then be regulated by the same laws that we abide too. No more scooting by without paying taxes.

It also decreases our land to land borders tremendously. More sea borders but no more illegals scooting through on foot undetected. Will help in the WOT.

I say lets do it.

insein said:
I actually agree with you. the mexicans wouldnt have to travell all that way to get to the US just to ruin New MExico's, Texas', Arizona's and all the other southern states economies.

We could chop it up into 3 or 4 more states actually due to its land mass. US direct influence would then reach all the way down to central America. California would release alot of its population sprawl back into Mexico. The mexicans would become legal citizens and would then be regulated by the same laws that we abide too. No more scooting by without paying taxes.

It also decreases our land to land borders tremendously. More sea borders but no more illegals scooting through on foot undetected. Will help in the WOT.

I say lets do it.

Everyones stealing my idea:p

It would decrease the length of our souther border significantly. And there are plenty of opporunities for investment if we did.

The one problem i see is the langauge barrier.

Bullypulpit said:

I'm FORCED to agree with you. I've often thought of just that myself. But, we both know it'll never happen.

Everyones stealing my idea:p

It would decrease the length of our souther border significantly. And there are plenty of opporunities for investment if we did.

The one problem i see is the langauge barrier.

Probably as a concession for them entering we would institute bilingualism in schools.

And while we're at it let's annex our neighbours to the north too. :dev3: Seriously, they've been griping about wanting a say in our elections. Let's give it to them. :rolleyes:

Can we send the Quebec -ians to France ?

Siberia is only 50 miles from Alaska....lets take half of Russia too

nbdysfu said:
Probably as a concession for them entering we would institute bilingualism in schools.

And while we're at it let's annex our neighbours to the north too. :dev3: Seriously, they've been griping about wanting a say in our elections. Let's give it to them. :rolleyes:

while i think it would be a great idea making Alaska part of the Continental, i dont think its likely that they would want to join with us. Mexico would be different. not the government but the people deffinately would.

Bullypulpit said:

Are you kidding? It's already THEIR plan to annex part of the U.S. to Mexico. You think I'm kidding?

They're already in the process of "settling" in the area. The new language is Spanish. The new local "laws" are Mexican controlled. With a wimpy Prez like Kerry in office it would be a simple thing to just shake a stick at him and join Mexico. :funnyface The only thing holding them back is that they wouldn't have the funnel of social services supporting them anymore.

ScreamingEagle said:
Are you kidding? It's already THEIR plan to annex part of the U.S. to Mexico. You think I'm kidding?

They're already in the process of "settling" in the area. The new language is Spanish. The new local "laws" are Mexican controlled. With a wimpy Prez like Kerry in office it would be a simple thing to just shake a stick at him and join Mexico. :funnyface The only thing holding them back is that they wouldn't have the funnel of social services supporting them anymore.

So true----lets not kid ourselves here! and the Mexican settlements are expanding. Check out the politics in the southern border states. All the politicians are kissing up to the Mexicans for votes---soon it will be the other way around.

dilloduck said:
So true----lets not kid ourselves here! and the Mexican settlements are expanding. Check out the politics in the southern border states. All the politicians are kissing up to the Mexicans for votes---soon it will be the other way around.

The politicains won't have to kiss up to anybody, once they're all duely elected mexicans, and that's already the case in many places, especially California.

New Topics

Forum List

Back