The Solid South, no more?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Major Newspapers in Arizona and Texas are endorsing HRC for President; The Arizona Republic,
for the first time in its history has endorsed a Democrat. Has Donald Trump created a sea change, and will the Solid South now become purple, or even blue in some quarters?

Let's hope so, conservatism has run its course, it has overreached and demonstrated that its core values, dogmatic as they are, are being questioned and rejected by a new generation of voters.

Does the reader believe conservative polices have benefited our nation, or that real conservative values have never been fully implemented.

Clearly I don't believe conservatives have benefited anyone except for the very well off, and harmed the middle classes, the working poor and the aged, infirm and children of America.

What do you think?

But don't you HATE southerns? I thought you considered them a bunch of dumb racist hicks.

• Banned
But don't you HATE southerns? I thought you considered them a bunch of dumb racist hicks.

Of course I don't hate southerners, I have family in Tampa and Houston, a nephew who graduated from A&M and two nieces, one attending a Christian College in FL and the other who graduated from UT @ San Antonio and teaches school in Houston. Of course I graduated from CAL, a superior school to any in the south, but I digress.

Now I don't know where you live gipper, you could live in Boston, South Bend or even LA and still would be a dumb racist hick. It's not geography which determines how ignorant and foolish one is, it's the number of character flaws one has.

Major Newspapers in Arizona and Texas are endorsing HRC for President; The Arizona Republic,
for the first time in its history has endorsed a Democrat. Has Donald Trump created a sea change, and will the Solid South now become purple, or even blue in some quarters?

Let's hope so, conservatism has run its course, it has overreached and demonstrated that its core values, dogmatic as they are, are being questioned and rejected by a new generation of voters.

Does the reader believe conservative polices have benefited our nation, or that real conservative values have never been fully implemented.

Clearly I don't believe conservatives have benefited anyone except for the very well off, and harmed the middle classes, the working poor and the aged, infirm and children of America.

What do you think?
Conservatism has been misappropriated by extremists, reactionaries, ideologues, and religious zealots – unfortunately, irreparably so.

Conservatism is now the bane of the American Nation: authoritarian, hostile to change, diversity, and inclusion, seeking to compel conformity through force of law, at odds with Constitutional jurisprudence.

What do you think?
Conservatism has been misappropriated by extremists, reactionaries, ideologues, and religious zealots – unfortunately, irreparably so.

Conservatism is now the bane of the American Nation: authoritarian, hostile to change, diversity, and inclusion, seeking to compel conformity through force of law, at odds with Constitutional jurisprudence.
But since Cruz is not the nominee...

Phoenix has been turning blue from all the transplants northern vultures who destroyed and devoured their homes in the north plus all the taco Mexicans everyone knows this except the idiot OP

Globalists are Globalists.

How tautological. BTW, do you know that 2 + 2 does not always = 4?

In mathematics 2+2 always equals 4. In your alice in wonderland noodle land, I suppose you can conjure up any type of ambiguity. Toodle loo. UTexas is a superior school to all CAL schools.

Believe it or not, sometimes 2 + 2 does not equal 4. It depends on what type of measurement scale you are using. There are four types of measurement scales – nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio. Only in the last two categories does 2 + 2 = 4.

What do you think?

AZ and TX will go to Trump.

What's in play is CO. I am sure Denver papers are bashing Trump all over.

Of course, the rest of the state hates Denver.

What do you think?

AX & TX have a large Latino population, a large Black population and a large population of college educated persons; of course they all have a large population of single issue voters who never attended a college or U.

Time will tell if the majority in both states vote on emotion or by reason - that will determine the outcome.

What do you think?

AX & TX have a large Latino population, a large Black population and a large population of college educated persons; of course they all have a large population of single issue voters who never attended a college or U.

Time will tell if the majority in both states vote on emotion or by reason - that will determine the outcome.

What reason ?

Both candidates suck.

They''ll vote out of guilt (of not voting)

Who they vote for is immaterial.

They lose either way.

Forum List

Back