The Solar Minimum

[/COLOR]

In all of the previous Interglacials, when CO2 reached it's peak, the next Ice Age started.

Do the laws of physics demand that higher CO2 causes Ice Ages to begin?

In all of these cases, the temps started dropping and a few hundred years later, the CO2 followed it downward.

We are adding 10 BILLION TONS of CO2 to the atmosphere every year, and atmospheric CO2 is not going down, it is going up. Soon we will have doubled the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. There is now more CO2 in the atmosphere than at anytime in the last 600,000 years. This is not a natural occurrence.

Illuminated football fields are not a natural occurrance either. These do not cause the Earth to warm. I will concede that the CO2 is increasing. What I am wondering is why that increase is not preventing our recent plateauing of temperature...

Getting back to the football fields, if the Vikes win the Super Bowl under the lights, it may cause the world to end or at least cause hell to freeze over, so perhaps there is a connection between climate and Illuminated football fields.

Football fields?

You really have gone off the deep end.

We are at the lowest level of solar activity in 80 years, and yet the ice cap and the glaciers are still melting.

Why?

We are adding 10 BILLION TONS of CO2 to the atmosphere every year, and atmospheric CO2 is not going down, it is going up. Soon we will have doubled the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. There is now more CO2 in the atmosphere than at anytime in the last 600,000 years. This is not a natural occurrence.

Illuminated football fields are not a natural occurrance either. These do not cause the Earth to warm. I will concede that the CO2 is increasing. What I am wondering is why that increase is not preventing our recent plateauing of temperature...

Getting back to the football fields, if the Vikes win the Super Bowl under the lights, it may cause the world to end or at least cause hell to freeze over, so perhaps there is a connection between climate and Illuminated football fields.

Football fields?

We are at the lowest level of solar activity in 80 years, and yet the ice cap and the glaciers are still melting.

Why?

My guess is ocean currents. What is the air temperature in the arctic?

Mineral weathering removes CO2 from the air. When the Milankovic Cycles reach the point where they are no longer warming the southern ocean, that ocean also starts absorbing CO2 as it cools. In other words, the cooling does indeed precede the removal of CO2 from the atmosphere by mineral weathering and the absorbtion of CO2 by the cooler water created by the Southern Ocean getting less sunlight. And when that CO2 is removed, it accelerates the cooling, just as when the Southern Ocean is being warmed by the Milankovic Cycle, it adds CO2 to the atmosphere, accelerating that warming.

And one can find this explanation with any good article on the Milankovic Cycle. If one wants to.

And once again, it is proven that CO2 is a slave to other factors that are far mor powerful in every example than is CO2 in the effect it carries for climate.

If you know that temperature drives the level of CO2 and not the other way around, what is your motivation for the constant drum beat to control the climate through the control of CO2?

This makes as little sense as trying to delay the warming of Summer by refusing to open the Public Swimming Pools.

Temperature does not drive CO2. Were you to read the literature on the Milankovic Cycles you would know that the forcing of the cycles is not enough to create the swings in the glaciation that we observe.
And GHGs, CO2 being at present the prime one, do trap heat. That is simple physics. That you constantly deny that fact indicates either you have no understanding of how GHGs work, or that you are a tool of the energy companies.

We will see a some very hot years in the near future, record setting years. Then, when we have a year that is a little cooler, you will once again trumpet 'global cooling'. How many times will this happen before even the most dense begin to realize that you are scamming them?

June, 2009 was the second hottest June on record, globally. And the El Nino is just in formative stages. I will be calling you and the rest that deny reality as this develops.

Watch the Arctic this summer. We may surpass even the 2007 minimum. And we hope that what we saw last year concerning the CH4 outgassing will not repeat itself, or be worse.

The CO2 that is present at the end of any Ice Age is present and yet the ice Age does not end. It is the Milankovitch Cycles that end the Ice Age. There is no conclusion founded on anything but agenda that would point to CO2 ending the Ice Age.

As the temperature increases, CO2 is released from its sequestered state. Whatever Feedback it may provide is minimal as compared to the impact of the increased warming from the Sun as a result of the M-Cycles.

CO2 is only 3% of the total of GHG's. Water Vapor is by far the more abundant and by far the more forceful in the GH effect.

That you point to the upcoming El Nino as something that might cause warming is telling. The highest ever CO2 is failing miserably at conducting the business you keep saying that it must do and that we must prevent. If CO2 was a primary forcer instead of a weak sister also ran, we would be warming in spite of any other factor weakening.

CO2 is at the historic high of the age of glaciation and yet the climate is not.

Code, in the last 13 years, we have had 11 of the warmest years on record. That is hardly a cooling. Especially considering that 2008 still had a lingering La Nina, and still came in at #8. And 2009 will be in the top ten, possibly the top five.

Code, in the last 13 years, we have had 11 of the warmest years on record. That is hardly a cooling. Especially considering that 2008 still had a lingering La Nina, and still came in at #8. And 2009 will be in the top ten, possibly the top five.

You mean using flawed research to come up with the 11 warmest years on record. Yeah Rocks....whatever....

You mean using flawed research to come up with the 11 warmest years on record. Yeah Rocks....whatever....

I see. You know better than NASA and NOAA. :lol:

I see. You know better than NASA and NOAA. :lol:

Flawed research, silly ass. :eusa_whistle:

Football fields?

Why?

Ocean currents are melting the glaciers in Glacier National Park.

That's a good one!

Why?
What explanation would you accept?

One that made sense.

Once again, we are at the lowest level of solar activity in 80 years and yet the ice cap and the glaciers are still melting.

Why?

Football fields?

Why?

Ocean currents melt glaciers?

awesome...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back